We recently spent three nights at this hotel with our 2 teenagers. I agree with other reviewers that it is a lovely property. I think it is well-suited to luxury business travelers or for a girlfriends' getaway.
We have stayed with our kids at other luxury, ocean properties, and there was just simply more for us to do at the other properties. Place like the Ritz and the Four Seasons are friendlier. This St. Regis just felt cold and impersonal. Staffers were polite, but there was just some sort of chip missing.
The public beach is a solid 10 minute walk from the hotel. You can also use the hotel tram to go to a beach club. We wanted to try surfing and paddle boarding lessons, which were promised on the website. It ended up being an ordeal to try to arrange them. I think we would have been happier staying at the ocean-front Ritz just down the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our AAA Five-Diamond sanctuary is sublimely located near Southern California's renowned destinations, including Catalina Island and Dana Point Harbor. Nestled hillside overlooking a private beach, discover an array of adventuresome experiences at our coveted Orange County resort. From thrilling water sports, to championship golf links, to acclaimed Miraval Life in Balance Spa, encounter lasting memories at our pristine coastal locale. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Monarch Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach