Nice landscape & clean ground,but resort does not have any extensive beach, ocean view unless you're at their private beach which is about 15 minutes walk from main hotel area or taking their tram down there. The room, and hallways in need of updating, outdated and worn carpet. For a name like St Regis, quite dissapointing, perhaps been to too many resorts, by far this one was not impressived, especially for $35 overnight parking, resort fee, internet fee, buffet $35 pp, and the list goes on, you got to be top notch for us to come back. Service was great, but overall having to pay a lot for mediocre facility. Service was great, friendly service. Yet, the atmosphere was not there for us. RC over in Laguna Beach, much more posh feeling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our AAA Five-Diamond sanctuary is sublimely located near Southern California's renowned destinations, including Catalina Island and Dana Point Harbor. Nestled hillside overlooking a private beach, discover an array of adventuresome experiences at our coveted Orange County resort. From thrilling water sports, to championship golf links, to acclaimed Miraval Life in Balance Spa, encounter lasting memories at our pristine coastal locale. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Odigeo, Orbitz, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Monarch Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach