I recently stayed at the St. Regis over Memorial Day Weekend. The room was complimentary (I was a vendor for a wedding there), but I will still try to write this review from the perspective that I had spent $4-500 for the room.
Overall I was extremely impressed. From the moment I checked in, ALL of the staff were very friendly and willing to help. The lobby area is beautiful, and the check-in process was very easy. All areas, indoor and out, are amazingly clean and well-kept - from the carpet in the guest rooms to the patio areas, the lounges to the restrooms.
My guest room was beautiful. A perfectly comfortable bed, enormous bathroom (with a GIANT tub!), and a very nice balcony with a great view of the lawn and ocean.
My only complaint was that, for the price, there is no complimentary in-room coffee or continental breakfast offered. As I mentioned before, I did not pay for the room so I didn't find this to be much of an issue. However, if I HAD paid, it would have been nice to have at least been able to brew some coffee in my room rather than going to Crust (the hotel's coffee shop) and paying $4.50 for a regular coffee and $8.00 for a bagel with cream cheese - or going to Starbucks across the street by the Ritz, which is what I did.
All in all though, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the St. Regis and will absolutely be back again if my job were to take me here, or if I am fortunate enough to be able to afford it on my own. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our AAA Five-Diamond sanctuary is sublimely located near Southern California's renowned destinations, including Catalina Island and Dana Point Harbor. Nestled hillside overlooking a private beach, discover an array of adventuresome experiences at our coveted Orange County resort. From thrilling water sports, to championship golf links, to acclaimed Miraval Life in Balance Spa, encounter lasting memories at our pristine coastal locale. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Monarch Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach