We came to the St. Regis Monarch Beach hotel for a get away weekend near home. I feel like I had been away on a trip somewhere far away. It was fun just to spend time relaxing, in the spa, walking down to the beach, etc The room we were in was spacious with a view of the grounds. It has a nice bathroom in marble: separate tub and shower, two sink vanity, and toiletries supplied. We laughed at the butlers who came in to greet us upon arrival as they informed us that they would provide two (as I recall) shoe shines and pressings for free as well as bring us coffee to our room for breakfast. We had nothing to press or shine! However if one were attending a wedding this would be very good.
The hotel is large and has an air of openness. The grounds are beautiful. We don't play golf but the course looked well tended and certainly is in a nice setting.The hotel itself is not on the beach but across the PCH. There is a free shuttle to the beach where they have a restaurant (very nice, good food and nice fireplace outside). The shuttle worked well for us except when a very big wedding started bringing in organizers. Then the hotel was a bit overwhelmed it seemed to us such that the shuttle took a long time to pick us up.
There was a convention and lots of activity. They have several convention rooms and are set up for weddings and big events. There are two heated pools that one can see from the hotel and nice grounds where there is a paved walk down to the beach that is scenic (about 10-15 minutes).
The fine dining restaurant is very good. I had duck and must say it was rich but very good. We tried their Coco Bean soup. It was great and had nothing to do with coconut but only the name of a bean. The music was trendy which I don't like - that annoying background noise of thumping and ticking sounds. However it was not loud.
In the spa,I had a great massage by Lisa. She put me in that state of relaxed levity which is so wonderful and healing. I recommend the salt scrub as well. The spa is not so large but it has a spa with a waterfall, steam and two saunas, showers, toiletries for the dressing area, etc. The one thing that was vexing to me was that they have the electric outlet under the dresser and hair dryers did not turn on, probably because you have to find some reset button on the outlet... I never figured it out.
In all we had a fun, relaxing stay of just 2 nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our AAA Five-Diamond sanctuary is sublimely located near Southern California's renowned destinations, including Catalina Island and Dana Point Harbor. Nestled hillside overlooking a private beach, discover an array of adventuresome experiences at our coveted Orange County resort. From thrilling water sports, to championship golf links, to acclaimed Miraval Life in Balance Spa, encounter lasting memories at our pristine coastal locale. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Cancelon and Jetsetter so you can book your Monarch Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach