2,975 results
All reviewsgolf coursebeach clubst regisstonehill tavernbutler servicebeautiful propertylobby barturn down servicemain poolthe ritzkids poolfour seasonspool staffhigh endpool viewbottle of champagnesouthern california
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Now this is what you call service!

Our SPG assistent helped arrange our stay of 13, upon driving in the staff knew right away who we were, had a team waiting and we were all taken directly to our rooms. The property is vast but we were all given proper orientation, we were advise of available dinner and times.

Most of my team did not speak English and the hotel has a full time manager that speaks Mandarin that truly helped the team enjoy there stay. The hotel manager was at every point to greet us and insure all details were in place and further our enjoyment.

As we were a large team the hotel was kind enough to offer a Chinese style breakfast, but sadly it took more time then they expected, after some delay we enjoyed and were all greeted at the end with the General Manager picking up the bill due to the delay. All brands within SPG should take note of the level of service this hotel and team provides.

This was truly the best, and we thank everyone at St Regis Monarch Bay for an amazing stay. We also advise everyone to stay at his amazing property.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have amazing views and details
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
SRMB, Public Relations Manager at Monarch Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Warren K-

We are so pleased that you and your group enjoyed your stay at The St. Regis Monarch Beach. It is always great to receive compliments about our staff and property. We hope that you will be able to return to the Resort in the future.

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Great everything ... From the moment you arrive to you check out they treat you like a VIP if you get a chance go down in the Wine Cellar for a drink ... Can't wait to come back next year for longer stay ...

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I recently stayed at this property for a conference, and would definitely return for a pleasure visit. The grounds are beautiful, and I loved the modern decor of the rooms. I wish I would have lucked out with a view of the ocean instead the bushes and the grass, but there were plenty of places both inside and out to take advantage of the view. (I stayed at the Montage not too far away several years ago, and if I recall correctly, every room has an ocean view. I recall it being on somewhat of a cliff, rocky and not being able to get down to the water (or easily)). From the St. Regis, the beach is about a 10-15 walk, but what a view once you get there. The food at the bar, at the luncheons for the conference, and at the restaurant were all wonderful (and which is really rare for conference food), and I had the best strawberry mojito at the bar that I have ever had in my life - and I have had plenty. Lastly, the service was excellent all over the property - including the spa, which I also recommend.

Room Tip: Try to get a floor above the first. Even if you face the pool, you likely won't be able to see it due to the bushes.
1  Thank luvwatercantswim

Luvwatercantswim-

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your conference at The St. Regis Monarch Beach. We hope that you can return to the Resort soon to enjoy another strawberry mojito and our wonderful amenities.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed at the St. Regis for 3 nights in February. There are many things to like about this hotel. The grounds are well maintained and attractive although not as beautiful as others in the area. The decor is on the modern side but the furniture in our room was pretty badly nicked and worn...not what I expect from a 5 diamond resort. The most frustrating thing was we were in a second floor room that had as small balcony from which we should have been able to see the ocean except that there was a huge magnolia tree completely blocking our view! Now why on earth would you have any trees block views of the ocean?? It just is plain ridiculous.
Used the spa and it was just an okay experience...when I went to shower at about noon almost every shower had dirty wet towels on the floor, there were plastic cups left by the hot tub, tea cups left in the lounge. It was just not maintained to the level I expect from such a place. Plus I was barged in on during my shower by an employee who never knocked, or apologized. Overall the place just doesn't live up to what a 5 diamond should be.

P C-

Thank you for your recent review of The St. Regis Monarch Beach. We appreciate your feedback about the Resort, many of our rooms do offer wonderful ocean views and we have improved the furniture.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is one of the most beautiful properties I have ever stayed at! Truly luxurious; beautiful view of the ocean and golf course, wonderful walking trail down to the beach. Not cheap, but very luxurious.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
SRMB, Public Relations Manager at Monarch Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Tbmckinley-

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The St. Regis Monarch Beach. We hope that you will return to the Resort soon.