Best Western Plus Marina Shores Hotel(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
$167
$150
DanaPointMarina
$289
  • Restaurant
Capistrano Surfside Inn(Dana Point)(Great Value!)
$238
$549
RitzCarlton.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of $980/night.

2,900 results
All reviewsgolf coursebeach clubst regisstonehill tavernbutler servicebeautiful propertyturn down servicelobby barmain poolthe ritzkids poolpool stafffour seasonshigh endpool viewfive star hotelbottle of champagne
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is one of the most beautiful properties I have ever stayed at! Truly luxurious; beautiful view of the ocean and golf course, wonderful walking trail down to the beach. Not cheap, but very luxurious.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
SRMB, Public Relations Manager at Monarch Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Tbmckinley-

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The St. Regis Monarch Beach. We hope that you will return to the Resort soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a girl's weekend. Dana Point is a beautiful town. The grounds of the hotel are lovely- great ocean view, 10 minute walk to the beach. Our ocean view room was spacious and you could only see the ocean from the balcony. We had drinks and dessert at the bar, which was yummy, busy, loud. Loved the piano player. Wished they had a little dance floor. The staff was very attentive, although if they put the effort in to calling me by my last name, I wish they would have a system in place to communicate how to say it and my title (I am a female Dr who was referred to on paper as Mr.) Saturday, we used their spa. It is a luxurious place. We had a couples Costa Del Sur massage. The massage was amazing. Unfortunately I had some real issues with the masseuse, which after me having to be aggressive about, they resolved. Sunday brunch was amazing, really the best I've had. I would definitely return to the property to stay and have brunch and use their other restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2013

Uoprincess-

Thank you for your recent review of The St. Regis Monarch Beach. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your girl’s weekend at the Resort. We apologize for the issues with your name and the masseuse. We hope that you will return in the future for another great weekend.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We love a good value and a casual setting with a great view. You need to make reservations 24 hours ahead and then the hotel will arrange your time with the in house restaurant/carry out "Crust". Our table was dressed up with a table cloth and nice table settings alongside of a window view of the expansive property, the golf course and of course, the ocean. We enjoyed fresh fruit with whipped cream, champagne (very good too), choice of loose leaf teas, finger sandwiches and a 3-tiered dessert tray. It is $38 pp before tax & gratuity and well worth it. Service was excellent and they went so far as to re-make some sandwiches to omit the salmon that I don't eat. Only ding was although the desserts were attractive and appropriate, they could have have a better taste. Scones were very good.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Anonymous855-

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon tea at The St. Regis Monarch Beach. We hope you will return soon for another delicious tea time.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This beautiful and comfortable hotel, gorgeously set on a hill overlooking the ocean, mostly meets and exceeds expectations. Rooms are large, comfortable, and intelligently laid out, with especially spacious and beautiful bathrooms. The public spaces are notably beautiful, as well. We stayed here during a three-day business meeting, and although we didn't try any of the restaurants, the food at all of the meeting functions was unusually good, from a trio of delicious risotto dishes to the morning croissants (among the few decent ones I've had outside of France). The swimming pools and fitness facilities are fantastic. Nonetheless, I wouldn't call the stay quite perfect. There was a notable snafu at check-in; if you happen to arrive before your spouse, who has a different last name, prepare to submit to a small inquisition before the smilingly unhelpful front desk staff permits you to go to your room. We called ahead to make sure both names were on our reservation, but mine had vanished by the time I arrived, and the hotel insisted to my face that I didn't exist (however, I was free to check my luggage until my spouse arrived the next day!). Mandatory valet parking is $35 per night even though you're in the middle of nowhere. And we had to call the "butler" to get a second robe. All of that aside, however, this is an excellent and relaxing place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lit-traveler
SRMB, Public Relations Manager at Monarch Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Lit-Traveler-

Thank you for your recent review of The St. Regis Monarch Beach. We are happy that you and your spouse enjoyed your overall stay at the Resort. We apologize for the issues you experienced with check in. We hope that you will return to the Resort soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

From the minute you arrive on property, you feel the warmth of the staff. Everyone I came in contact with, remembered my name. When I walked around the hotel the next morning, I was greeted multiple times "Good Morning Mr. Weeks."
The rooms are immaculate, and they were nice enough to upgrade me to a corner suite, without me even having to ask. (And I am a base level SPG member.)
There are very few 5 star hotels in the world. The St. Regis Monarch Beach provides the service, the amenities, the grounds, and the staff that deliver a 5 Star property.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Matt W-

Thank you for your review of The St. Regis Monarch Beach. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the staff at The St. Regis Monarch Beach. We hope you will return to the Resort for the wonderful service and amenities.