3,031 results
All reviews golf course beach club st regis stonehill tavern butler service beautiful property lobby bar turn down service main pool the ritz kids pool four seasons pool staff high end pool view bottle of champagne southern california
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had a great stay for a weekend. While the weather was uneven, it was a good time to spend in the spa. Our service in the restaurant in the evening was a little uneven. It took us 2 + hrs to have an entree and dessert, while we watched others come and go. We waited 30 minutes for dessert after it took 45 minutes to get our entrees. That was a bit disappointing. Otherwise, the property is beautiful, the service was great and the rooms are large.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
SRMB, Public Relations Manager at Monarch Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Mojo8-

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your weekend stay at The St. Regis Monarch Beach. We apologize for the inconvenience at the restaurant and hope you will return to the Resort soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I enjoyed the wonderful service during my stay. However, I had a suite and with the suite I was to have a butler during my entire stay. I tried calling the butler and then the front desk for my butler's services and no one could help. I wanted to get a bottle of butane for my cigar lighter which ran out. It is a friendly cigar hotel which can be enjoyed on the outside patio overlooking the ocean.
The suite was a two bedroom suite with a large bathroom and up-to-date. It came with a nice large patio on the ground floor located by the pool. I would recommend the ground floor if you want quick access to the pool on the south side of the hotel closest to the pool, however ocean views are not that good.
Overall, it was a nice property and if you do stay at this hotel, be sure to try venture off the property and go to Casanova Italian Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge. It is amazing and very close to the hotel. Do not be fooled by the looks of the restaurant since it is located in a strip center. I enjoyed this restaurant 3 or 4 times when I was visiting within a week.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank utjazz1

Utjazz1-

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at The St. Regis Monarch Beach. We are sorry to hear about the mishap with the butler service and hope that you will return to the Resort in the future.

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Overall, this place was wonderful! Great service,rooms, and the pools were open 24 hrs a day even in february!
The beds are plush and I bet whichever room you stayed in, you would be pretty happy.
The one problem would be that the food is overpriced. I ordered an eggs bendict for breakfast (I didnt know exactly what it was) and was I pretty mad! Unless you want eggs, ham, and bread for $20 never order an eggs benedict! Not only that, my family ordered 2 omelets and a fruit platter and we got priced over $100!!!

Another problem to SOME ppl might be that is sort of far from major attractions, such as LA.

It was still a great hotel and I would recommend you go there to 100% RELAX, not to travel around, because you probably want to know the ins and outs of this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013

Travelingforever127-

Thank you for your review of the St. Regis Monarch Beach. We are pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay. We hope that you will return in the future to enjoy our pool and other wonderful amenities.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Just spent two nights here and it doesn't get any better than this. Service, Rooms, Pool, Restaurants are all incredible. The rooms are very spacious and top quality. The bed was almost as comfortable as my bed at home which I paid a lot for.

The grounds are just immaculate. You can walk to Monarch Bay Golf Course and also take a trail throught the golf course, under Hwy 1 and down to a great private beach where you can walk south past the Ritz Carlton property for those who like to walk. There is also a private restaurant called the Monarch Bay Club Restaurant which is right on the beach and has spectacular views. You have to take a little tram from the main hotel down to the restaurant but it a scenic, short ride through the golf course down to the beach past spectacular homes.

The rooms are great with a little sitting area with a couch, desk and outside patio. The robes are great and comfortable. There are great shoe shine kits that they leave with chocolates when you leave the room before bedtime.

This is a first class place and it doesn't get any better than this.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RickFromSD
SRMB, Public Relations Manager at Monarch Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

RickFromSD-

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at The St. Regis Monarch Beach. We hope that you will return in the future to enjoy the pool, golf course, and restaurants.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

From the Front Desk, to Bell Hops, to Bar Tenders, and Restaurant Staff -- 100% Great People. It's all expensive - but you get what you're paying for. The views are Stunning - it's just beautiful! Only thing - No Ice Machines. So you have to call room service -- But they don't charge for this service. It's nice - but I'm used to getting my own ice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Steak-N-Taters-

We are happy to hear that your enjoyed your recent stay at The St. Regis Monarch Beach and were pleased with our service. We hope that you will return to the Resort soon.