You maybe thinking..what a 5 star hotel..over rated, well yes! I think most are? I have stayed in better and I've stayed in a lot worst. But to me a hotel is room, with a bathroom, that is clean and tidy-just somewhere for me to sleep that is safe. I can't get excited about a "resort" I don't go somewhere to stay inside a "resort", I go to see the sights, meet people, have experiences. Okay it was some of the finest people watching i have ever had (it was New Years Eve), but the bar servce was very poor! They would be a riot in the UK if you had to wait 20 minutes to get served at a bar on New Year-or on any day for that matter. The real plus was the size of the bath...easy enough space for 2 and you could watch the telly while in it. Food in bar over priced and serviced cold? Comfier bed in the travelodge!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our AAA Five-Diamond resort overlooks the Pacific and offers private beach club access, with watersports, oceanfront golf, award-winning Miraval Life in Balance Spa, swimming pools, upscale dining, activities programs and more. Located in Dana Point, the resort offers easy access to a variety of Southern California attractions including Catalina Island, Dana Point Harbor, Laguna art galleries and events, Disneyland and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Monarch Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach