We stayed there for a convention for 2 nights. Room is beautiful, nice amenities. Reception staff is very nice and professional. Our room was on the main floor and unfortunately a wedding party was partying it up late that night right above us on 2nd floor. Hardly any sleep that night. My husband had to make 2 calls to hotel staff to quiet them down around 2am. I'm sure another room on upper floor maybe facing the ocean would've been better. For an luxury hotel, the walls are pretty thin. Grounds are beautiful- perfect for weddings. Hotel was bustling with guests and visitors. They do a good job catering for corporate events. Try the hotel bar on upper deck overlooking courtyard and ocean for a sunset drink. Takes a while to get to the beach- you need to catch a hotel shuttle to cross you over the PCH but it's efficient. Would consider returning only for a better room location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our AAA Five-Diamond sanctuary is sublimely located near Southern California's renowned destinations, including Catalina Island and Dana Point Harbor. Nestled hillside overlooking a private beach, discover an array of adventuresome experiences at our coveted Orange County resort. From thrilling water sports, to championship golf links, to acclaimed Miraval Life in Balance Spa, encounter lasting memories at our pristine coastal locale. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Monarch Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis, Monarch Beach Hotel Dana Point
- St Regis Dana Point
- St Regis Resort Monarch Beach