3,033 results
All reviews golf course beach club st regis stonehill tavern butler service beautiful property lobby bar turn down service main pool the ritz kids pool four seasons pool staff high end pool view bottle of champagne southern california
Reviewed July 15, 2012

After much consideration after reading some of the many negative reviews on tripadvisor from previous guests I gave this resort a try and let me tell you with great confidence it was an AWESOME stay. First of all to all out there who are SPF. Gold and platinum members, my status was recognized at checkin and I was upgraded to a suite for a 7 night stay. We got an amazing corner room on the fist floor facing the gardens, very quiet, very picturesque. I would highly recommend room 164. The room was huge and the bathroom was even bigger. Amazing Remede products in the bathroom, a St. Regis tradition. The staff were amazing and very hospitable with us. Service is top notch. The butler service in the suites was also amazing. You can order complimentary coffee, tea, drinks, to your suite from morning to noon brought up to your room at no cost. They even brought hot chocolate and marshmallows for my kids, they loved it. Valet parking was always quick and efficient in getting our car each day and the hotel was very busy. The staff that take you to th beach in the golf cart if the hotel were amazing as well, very friendly and hospitable. The private beach of the Monarch Beach Club is one of the best beaches I have been to in the southern California area. I do not understand who these previous guests were who did not enjoy their stay here as I simply loved it and I am no ordinary traveller. Simply look at where I have eaten and stayed at in my contributions on tripadvisor to see that I settle for nothing more than first class all the way. Also while I recognize this is a review for the St. Regis Resort, I do have to give say that you all must fly Delta airlines in first class. We have been flying in first class on Delta from Buffalo airport for the past five years and all I can say is the service and quality of product you get is amazing. I drive out of my way to first get to Buffalo airport from Toronto to avoid flying on the awful Air Canada and to fly away from the mismanaged an dexpensive Toronto airport. Now back to the St. Regis Monarch Beach Reesort, I would return to this place in a heartbeat and with it's great rates compared to the Ritz Carlton Laguna and the Pelican Hill, I would recommend this resort to everyone. They even had a family pool and made sure that the kids were using it so that the adult pool remained quiet, perfect for families!!!!

Room Tip: Eat at the Motif restaurant while at the hotel. Great food and service.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank FirstClass001
SRMB, Public Relations Manager at Monarch Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review on The St. Regis Monarch Beach! We are happy to hear you had a great time and enjoyed every aspect of our five-star Resort. Looking forward to having you back to the Resort very soon!

Safe travels,

Reviewed July 11, 2012

For our fifth anniversary we returned to the St Regis on Dana Point, where we were not disappointed!

The service, ambiance, and setting are all terrific - and worth the price!

Our room was perfect, with a super-comfy bed and large bathroom.

The refrigerator was able to accomodate some wine, beer and cheese left over from the prior night's cocktail party (on a Dockside B&B boat, "Perfect Landing").

We enjoyed a fine lunch at the "pool bar" - which had no view of the pool. After lunch we took a tram down to the private Monarch Beach and enjoyed a breezy, sunny day.

That night we ate at "Nirvana" (prior to the Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach), which I reviewed separately.

The next morning we enjoyed a delicious (but expensive) breakfast on the main terrace, followed by a long walk to Dana Point itself.

On our final day, we enjoyed a swim in the hotel's lap pool - the only pool that isn't overrun by children.

My only complaint was the attire of fellow guests - very shabby for such a fine establishment.

Collared shirts and proper pants or shorts should be required for "gentlemen" and ladies should dress like ladies, not harlots. ESPECIALLY ON THE MAIN FLOOR AND IN THE LOBBY.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a combined ocean/pool view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CJAP60
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for your review about your recent stay at The St. Regis Monarch Beach. We are happy to hear you chose to spend your 5th anniversary with us - congratulations! Looking forward to having you and your wife as a guest again.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We spent a week at this hotel with our whole family. The service was fantastic and the rooms are really well done. We didn't have a great view, but we spent most of the day at the private beach! The kids had a blast and the hotel was pretty close to Disneyland. We really enjoyed the hotel grounds especially the pool. Great Hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank MordyK

Mordy-
Thank you for your review about your family's week long vacation at The St. Regis Monarch Beach! We are happy to hear your enjoyed your stay and our private beach - and made it to Disneyland, too. Hope to have you all back again, soon!

Thanks again,

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was the most luxurious hotel experience I have ever had and we loved every second of it. We went as a family and were so comfortable and there was so much for the kids. We spent most of our time at the pool because we have an ocean where we live, so the pool was more novel. It was also cloudy at the beach when we were there. The kids loved Otter Pops on the hour and nighttime story telling with dressed up characters and s'mores roasting and chocolate butterflies on the white linens every evening. I loved the spa and found it to be excellent. I took a pilates class and it was great. The service was excellent as it should be at a property of this rating. We only stayed two nights and I wish we could have stayed more to have taken advantage of all of the amenities. Just dreamy!

Room Tip: I would have preferred an ocean rather than condo/grass view.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank rklace

rklace-
Thank you for your review on your family trip to The St. Regis Monarch Beach. It sounds like you and your family had a lovely time. The St. Regis Monarch Beach aims to please families with the pool time treats and S'mores and Storytime. We are glad you got some time to enjoy the Spa Gaucin as well.

Hope you can join us for longer next time!

Thanks again,

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I spent 4 nights in the hotel last week and I thought the hotel was absolutely gorgeous. The grounds and vicinities were kept immaculate. The hotel is not "on the beach" unlike Ritz Carlton or Montage, but it makes up for it by the daily shuttle and the beach club. I used the shuttle to go to the beach and take a walk every morning. The ocean is just absolutely beautiful. We had a special rate because we had conference there. The room and the bathroom were very spacious, and tastefully decorated. Housekeeping does excellent job in the morning and in the evening turndown as well. The food for the conference (we had continental breakfast every morning, one dinner reception, and one working lunch) was not exceptional nor bad. I was told that they were charged top dollars for the food. I didn't use the spa but used the fitness center. It was not big but adequate. Valet parking was something to be desired; once we waited for about 15 minutes, and not so long in the other times. We used the lobby bar almost every night, and I thought the service there was exceptional. We had a big party and pulled lots of chairs and tables together, and they never cringed and were very accommodating. Overall, I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The resort view, which is cheaper, is not half bad at all. It looks at the gorgeous courtyard.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank alshin

alshin-
Thank you for your great review about your group travel experience at The St. Regis Monarch Beach. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the Resort to the fullest - walking the beach, fitness center, lobby bar, and restaurants.

We hope to have you and your group back at the Resort soon!

Safe travels,