2,975 results
All reviewsgolf coursebeach clubst regisstonehill tavernbutler servicebeautiful propertylobby barturn down servicemain poolthe ritzkids poolfour seasonspool staffhigh endpool viewbottle of champagnesouthern california
Reviewed March 7, 2011

A friends decided Saturday morning to go away for the weekend and within an hour we had a great rate for the St Regis and a few hours later off to a weekend paradise.

The resort is amazing in that it transports you to another place so close to LA. The Service is top notch and we wanted for nothing - they knew our name at each dinner or spa reservation. Even opened the restaurant when late from the beach and they only had buffets for breakfast They really made an effort from valet to valet!

Even thou we all got garden rooms they were modern, comfortable, clean and luxury to its fullest. Room service was excellent. The Resort itself is so well designed and around the focus of the pool and fountain. It felt like I was back on the South of France looking over the property to the sea. The properties beach is a short tram ride through the golf course to an amazing private beach and club. The beach club is one of the best things here -cocktails at sunset and coffee after an early morning beach walk.

The REAL highlight is Michael Minas resturant - This was one of the best resturant experience and meal I have ever had in Southern Cal. The place is beautiful, meals and service mind blowing. Even thou its pricey none of us could quibble after the food was soooo amazing.

In short one of the best stay vacations for a while - way better that St.Barabara if your under 45!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sastudio
Reviewed March 4, 2011

I am really sorry, but I absolutely did not like (understatement) this whole place. I even called it after a couple of days the OBH Hotel; The One Big Hype Hotel.

The Building: A grotesque block with kitschy Neo Classical features. Unfortunately I had to stay there for two weeks. This Hotel is just one big “Wedding Machine”. The place was half empty regarding “normal” guests”.

Rooms: All the usual tralalie-things for a 5 star hotel. Standard “ok”; nothing bad / nothing special.

Pool: The heated Pool was freezing cold for 2 weeks. Excuse: “the pump is broken”. Nope; you didn’t turn it on to save money ? I was expecting to see a whale swim by at one point.

The fire-alarm: went of three times in ONE singel night. False alarm? I didn’t see any firemen. A lot of noise and it completely ruined mine and some fellow guests entire night; we were all standing bewildered in the corridor. No message, no information, no call from front desk or anybody in sight that whole night. Some people with little children were fuming. The next day; no excuses or information.

Drunken people: As there are so many weddings going on all the time, there is a lot of noise. Intoxicated people swirl around almost every evening in the corridors.

Breakfast & Room service : Quality of food was good & service was friendly and attentive.

The Stonehill Tavern: Excellent; food was pleasurable.

The Gym: Excellent.

The Bar: You will not see a nice lady singing some jazz or blues accompanied by a nice little band. Nope. You will get a BIG and I mean BIG screen with American Football on it. Yes. A really 'relaxing' 5 star ambiance. I luckily managed often to ‘escape’ to the –much better located- Ritz Carlton Hotel nearby; nice Bar, nice atmosphere & good restaurant. The Bar at the Ritz has THE most perfect view through the round window; a Californian sunset, surfers and dolphins catching the waves.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank Qilin_88
SRMB, Executive Offices at Monarch Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2011

Dear Nyx999-
Thank you for your recent stay with us, and for taking the time to post your experience. Your disappointment with the resort facilities (the cold pool and the fire alarm) will be shared with engineering as well all management. This is definitely not normal or up to our standards. We hope you will allow us the opportunity in the future to demonstrate our Five-Star capabilities.

Thank you for your kind words about the fitness center and Stonehill Tavern, we will share your positive comments as well.

All the best in your future travels.

Regards,
The St. Regis Monarch Beach
Executive Offices

Reviewed February 19, 2011

Although the hotel may have been beautiful, right outside of our room was construction. After our stay we had complained about the noise but they had seemed to not care. Also, at the very beautiful beach, my son had stepped in tar....that should never happen at a so called five star hotel. We had told the life guard and he said ' yes there is tar so watch out' i thought 'thanks for the warning'. When we had told the front desk AGAIN they just didn't care. I would not recommend this to a friend, Pelican Hill had suited my needs better.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank dkitt96

Dear Dkitt96-
Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay with us. Your review of our staff and facilities will be shared directly with our management team. Here at The St. Regis Monarch Beach we genuinely care about each guest's experience and work hard to go above and beyond each guest's expectations. We hope you will return and allow us an opportunity to demonstrate our dedication to our guests and their experience.

Warm Regards,

St. Regis Monarch Beach
Executive Offices

Reviewed February 4, 2011

My husband and I decided to take a weekend getaway from LA, and booked the St. Regis with some extra SPG points we had. The hotel grounds are lovely and well maintained, and the rooms appeared to be have been recently renovated. While it was too cold to use the pool, I enjoyed the full service spa facilities. Dinner at the Stonehill Tavern was excellent, and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2011

From the moment the valet welcomes you by name to your departure they treat you as a special guest. The front desk welcome you, and all the staff are gracious and caring. The hotel sits on a bluff overlooking the ocean and you take the elevator down to your room. I received a complementary upgrade to pool view and the room was great: spacious, well-appointed, quiet, all the necessaries, big bath with separate shower, plenty of marble counter space and separate WC. I appreciated the morning coffee from the lobby shop that also had bagels, juice, etc for the guest on the run. There were several restaurants and we chose the private (guest and member only) Monarch Bay Club for our business meeting dinner. We were taken in a private tram across the links and down to the beach where the manager greeted us and held the door for our party of 9. We could see the waves crashing nearby, but were too late for the sunset. Food and service were very good and our tram awaited us when we strolled out. Great spot to relax, eat, golf, and shop nearby Laguna Beach shops.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business