“An Ideal SUP experience”
Review of SUP Fitness Laguna - CLOSED

SUP Fitness Laguna
More attraction details
Owner description: Second location:Fishermans CoveLaguna Beach,CA
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 6, 2012

My brother was home for the week and we both grew up being avid beach goers in Southern California. My brother and I used to surf and visit the beach quite frequently, but we had yet to try SUP.

After calling multiple places and not being satisfied with price or result, SUP Fitness (Nancy) answered the phone and was extremely polite and friendly. We scheduled a time, Nancy met with us, gave us a run through, and we were on our way.

My brother and I went out for 1.5 hours without any problems. The area she chose is a great spot to see a beautiful Southern California beach.

It would be difficult to sum up our experience as anything under 5 stars. Nancy is very friendly and professional. She answers any questions and seems like she genuinely wants to share her joy and experience of SUP with other people.

I left the experience with the word "Ideal" stuck in my head for hours afterwards. As someone who lives in Southern California, I would say that one would be hard-pressed to find a better experience!

Thanks again Nancy!

Dan

There are newer reviews for SUP Fitness Laguna

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I had a friend from NY come and visit last minute, so I wanted to make sure to give her a great experience she wouldn't forget. This was it. The instructor was fantastic the harbor is beautiful.. I was so scared about falling into the water but 1) the water isn't as cold as the ocean and 2) we never did fall in! We had a blast and the memories will last forever.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Nancy is the best paddle board instructor in Laguna Beach! My friend and I were first time paddle boarders and she did an excellent job of explaining how to get up on the boards. Nancy was patient and encouraging and helped us get up on the boards with confidence. We paddled out to Seal Rock and had seals swimming right up to us to play and say hello. It was amazing!! I can't wait to have the opportunity to paddle with Nancy again!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Amenities, galore! People vary, but whatever your whim, a quality healthy option exists to make your body the beautiful person that you are!

Reviewed October 25, 2011

I had been wanting to try stand up paddleboarding for several months and finally got the opportunity last weekend. Neither of us had done it before, so we checked into several places that offered lessons, and we decided on SUP Fitness. I'm so glad we did, because Nancy was great, and we had a blast!

We paddled out to a rock that had seals lounging on it, and we got to see seals swimming. During the trip, Nancy told us about the area and gave us suggestions about things to do in the evening. We actually tried to stand up and then sat back down (it was cold and neither of us wanted to fall in), and she was very patient with us, but still encouraged us to try standing again near the end of the hour. And we both did! I can see how this can be addictive. I'd like to try again sometime when it's warmer.

One other thing -- I twisted my knee really bad three days before doing this, and I was a little sore afterward, but not too bad. All in all this is really good exercise if you can't run or bike or anything like that. I definitely recommend it, and I'll give SUP Fitness a call if I'm ever in Laguna Beach or Dana Point!