“Don't go to this place. They are very rude with clients”

Dana Wharf Whale Watching & Sportfishing
$36.00*
Dana Point Sportfishing
Ranked #2 of 20 Tours in Dana Point
More attraction details
Owner description: Whale Watching Adventures, Charters , Fishing and more from Dana Point
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Went to Dana Point for the 4th of July, I stopped by their counter to ask some information. I started with a standard polite sentence "Hello, how are you ?" The lady behind the counter did not even look at me and continued on in what she was doing. After a few minutes with a strange feeling, I asked if I disturbed her and where I could ask my questions. She just told me that she was counting so I had to wait, then she said after a few seconds that I needed to go inside to ask my question. So I left the counter without knowing what to say. After a few seconds to digest what I had just seen, I did a U-Turn and told her that she did not need to talk to a customer like that. She told me that she was not working there and to leave her alone. Wow, so I went to the store and tried to ask my question and got the answer from a gentleman finally. I took advantage to ask who was the lady behind the counter to talk to a customer like that. Strangely, the gentleman answered my question by asking me another question "Well what question did you ask her?" So I just left the store as I did not want to deal with those people and went to the store next door. When I got out of the store I saw 2 ladies behind the counter at the Dana Wharf store pointing out at me and laughed. I was so irritated then went to them and asked if there was any problems. The lady that rejected me earlier (she seems to be the boss) told me that she was pregnant and asked me to not bother her. I did not even understand the sense of what she said, then the second lady (she seems to be an employee) told me to leave the place otherwise she will call the police. My gosh, in a few seconds, I wondered if I was dreaming or if it was true what I heard. I told them that I had been nice with them and did not do anything wrong so they can call the Police as I wanted to report their rude attitude as well. The second lady just said, "Bye and have a great day". I just walked away and did not understand how a business could treat the customers like that. I am trying to find a way to report this problem to Dana Point city. I don't know if this has only happened to me or not but it was so unrealistic. They probably act like that as they may think their business is a monopoly. There are a few other places providing equivalent activities that you can go to in Dana Point (Dophin & Whale Safari, Ocean Institute...) and they are much nicer. If anyone knows where I can report this matter, I would really appreciate it if you could let me know.

18  Thank avodiver
Write a ReviewReviews (1,713)

Reviewed April 13, 2010

Have done this many times and have had a fantastic time. Always catch something, and most of the time the catch is actually great. Great to do with friends or family, or even just by yourself. I bought mine on Kijubi.com at a slight discount.

1  Thank Kilay R
Reviewed March 31, 2010

We had a great time on our cruise. We took the morning whale watching cruise on a Saturday. We were lucky enough to see 2 types of dolphins, sea lions, various birds, a fin whale and a humpback whale! It was great, our captain was very surprised to see a humpback whale in California, and it was great to share his enthusiasm. My children loved the captain’s narrative, and learned a lot. We will be back next time we are in California. Highly recommended!

Reviewed January 30, 2010

We just took a 2 hour cruise to whale watch - saw abundant numbers of dolphins, both Common and Pacific White Sided, followed a couple grey whales for quite a distance, watching them surface and spout...the weather was perfect, the captain did a good job explaining what we were viewing, and the on-board marine biolotgist was very helpful and knowledgable. We totally enjoyed the day and would repeat the Dana Pride trip again.

1  Thank beachtoo
Reviewed September 3, 2009

We loved this 2 hour tour of the local ocean life. The captain would stop and give some factoids about what we were seeing. ie: how you can tell the difference between sea lions and seals.

We saw the sea lions on the bouy, we saw several pods of dolphins who swam under and around our boat and then were able to follow two blue whales who surfaced and were able to see their tails and spouts.

we had a good time and were able to see quite a bit without having the move from our seats much.