“Blue Whale Beauty” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Whale Watching Excursion in Dana Point
Ranked #2 of 18 Tours in Dana Point
More attraction details
Owner description: Whale Watching Adventures, Charters , Fishing and more from Dana Point
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Mission Viejo, California
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Blue Whale Beauty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We are regulars on this Whalewatching boat. We go to see grey whales and also in summer to see the blue whales. They have a guarantee for the greys if you don't see any whale or dolphin you come back free. Also half-price Tuesdays. As a single mom, it was great value. And now my kids can eat chips and drink soda without getting seasick even on choppy seas. On calm days, I enjoy the hamburger off the grill very much. I have been a steady customer for seven years now.

Mission Viejo, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Skunked Again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Yes, it happens to everyone. But the charters and crews do their best to get you hooked up. Personnaly I would recommend Dana Wharf for any large group. Group rates can be had and the crew makes it easy for everyone to enjoy a day out on the water. Either catching a whale sighting or chassing tuna you can't go wrong here.

Palmdale, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“WARNING...If you use a GROUPON you are gonna get screwed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I recieved 3 groupons for a whale watching cruise with this "business" and NOWHERE, I read every single letter of the deal on line and on my printed vouchers does it say that they are ONLY VALID for the 5pm trip. I am drivng from Palmdale, Ca to Dana Point...a 2.5 hour drive-ONE WAY!!!!

I would have appriciated something in the fine print warning me I was going to have to drive through the middle of the night with my 5 year old en tow!

Screw you Dana Warf Whale Watching! Cause you just screwed a bunch of Groupon holders who are now VERY ANGRY and will NEVER EVER book anything with your sorry business for a regular price!!!!!!

16 Thank juliethigpen
Uckfield, UK
202 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 190 helpful votes
“Fantastic trip but always down to luck on the day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

We had a wonderful 2 hour trip on the Dana Pride. We happened to go on a Tuesday, which is half-price day. Great value at $22.50 per person, especially as we saw so many blue whales. The huge crowd of people waiting to get on board was worrying, especially as we had seen some reports of over-crowding. But it turned out to be fine; we had a really good group of people, with a great atmosphere and no one hogged the space when whales were sighted - allowing everyone to get plenty of photos. The captain and his mate were very helpful in informing us all of where to look and in seeking out the best places for sightings, even after we had seen a few whales. I think that luck was very much on our side all round. I would not have been so happy paying full price and not seeing many whales!!

Visited August 2012
Houston Texas
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Up close and personal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Spur of the moment whale watching trip...we expected all trips to be sold out as it was Labor Day weekend. Great surprise when we were able to get on the very next boat leaving in less than an hour. The boat's capacity is 49 people but there was only about 20 of us. Great experience! We stood in the front and got soaked by the waves on the way to the whales...it was a hot, humid day so the soaking was appreciated! Our captain was very informative and found us several blue whales to watch. He got us close enough to the whales for great pictures but stayed far enough away to respect the whales. Also saw a few seals. Coupons are available at various hotels and when you exit the boat, you are given a card for 50% off a 2nd whale watching trip. This trip was well worth the time and money!