“Great food, inconsistent service”
Review of Boulevard Cafe

Boulevard Cafe
Ranked #2 of 194 Restaurants in Daly City
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I love this place. They have awesome food, and I live super close by. The pork ribs are delicious, and so is their greek soup! It's my go-to lunch spot when I'm too lazy to go into the city and find something.

That being said, I've never had a problem during lunch, but the service during dinner has been inconsistent. Somtimes it's really great, and at other times I literally just want to get up and leave halfway through my meal. Servers have been forgetful and rude, which drives me up the wall.

Despite that, ill keep coming back for those damn ribs and soup. Also, they added a Lamb burger to their menu, with a greek sauce that's to die for.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Had a family reunion type dinner here recently. The outside has a cool 50's retro diner look to it. But on the inside, it's very spacious with room for large groups in the back. The menu offers a wide range of comfort foods. I went with a recommendation and has the meatloaf. It definitely stuck to my ribs! Large portion of meatloaf on top of excellent mashed potatoes. To give it some extra flavor (and calories) they pile on some onion rings. Everyone at our table enjoyed their meal and the service was very friendly. All for a reasonable price. The kids absolutely loved sharing the humongous hot fudge sundaes (they come in a huge goblet).

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Decor is flash of the past. Fresh brewed ice tea, fabulous fudge Sunday, excellent Mac and Cheese! The team service was efficient and friendly. We both had seafood pasta dishes. Her muscles were too far done to eat - my shrimp also terribly overdone and tough. Lots of people love this place but my visit was disappointing. Skip the seafood!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

The best Greek food I have ever had! I loved the upbeat atmosphere and extensive menu. I will be back for the pumpkin bread pudding.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Wow, we decided to try the place because the reviews were good and I am tired of going to Joe's of Westlake, and we were soooo IMPRESSED with the food. The wait was a bit long and the service a bit slow, but once the food was served, we forgot all about that. The lamb burger was to die for (seriously, I still dream about it), my sister was ecstatic about the gluten free options and my dad didn't complain once about not being at Joe's (his favorite). Will go back again and again. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!