“Great place & near airport”
Review of Boulevard Cafe

Boulevard Cafe
Ranked #2 of 223 Restaurants in Daly City
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We stopped in for breakfast around 11:00 a.m. before a flight out of SFO. The place was packed but we were seated in about 15 min. Service was a little slow and a little inattentive but that is all I can say that is not glowing.

The food was really good, the portions were huge, and not expensive. We had two kids (age 8) and they ordered the kids meals. One had the eggs, pancakes, bacon; the other, eggs, hashbrowns, toast. The menu said 1 egg, 1 bacon. Their orders arrived and both had at least 2 large eggs. There were 2 pieces of bacon and 2 large pancakes. These would have been large breakfasts for adults!

My daughter and I split a dish . . . it sounded awful and turned out to be fantastic. It was a layer of hashbrowns, topped with scrambled eggs, chili, red and green onions, black beans, cheese, and fresh jalapenos. This was more than enough for two and we talked about how good leftovers would be wrapped up in tortillas.

The decor and layout reminded me how all restaurant looked when I was a kid (many years ago). I visit San Francisco several times a year and this is going on my list of great places to eat.

Sandy (in Denton)

Reviewed February 20, 2012

OMG, this place is amazing, food was fabulous and very well presented, and not over priced, will eat there again next time I am in the area

Reviewed January 13, 2012

This is a very accessible restaurant -- off FW 280 -- that provides great comfort and Mediterranean food. The welcoming staff, extended hours and ample free parking make this a convenient stop -- only 14 minutes north of SFO airport. When their private lot is full, drive north a block, to North Mayfair St ; over 40, free spaces on this road. Property is well maintained with comfortable restrooms.

Every evening, they have a superb " early bird " special, thru 6:30 pm : main dish ( usually with veggies or potatoes ) , soup or salad and a drink, for $ 14.00. The salmon, pastas and pot roast are not to be missed. All portions ( to your peril ) are American sized ; come here hungry and leave satisfied. A budget priced kids menu is also offered.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

This is a moderately priced local restaurant for family dining. Nothing too fancy, just good food, great service and moderately priced. We took our 3 year old grandson and it was perfect for him. The wait staff is kid friendly and there are plenty of families dining here so it must be a good place for children. They also have a kids special for each meal that is properly priced so you don’t have to order an adult size portion and waste the food. My omelet was perfectly cooked and served promptly so the children didn’t get impatient waiting.
I have been here numerous times for breakfast and it is consistently good. Don’t expect gourmet cuisine but just great home cooking, superb service and moderate prices.

Reviewed July 12, 2009

I was hungry and tired when we stumbled upon the place while enroute to SFO. The ambience was very good. The place was very clean and well appointed. The service was friendly - if somewhat ditzy. My order was mangled, but not to the point of esnding it back. The sourdough bread was worth the trip. In fact I was half tempted to cancel my meal order and just dine on the bread. It was THAT good!

If you are looking for a clean diner, this is the one.

1  Thank SimonDeLao