BridgePoint Inn
$120
El Camino Inn(Daly City)
$143
$130
Mylo Hotel(Daly City)(Great Value!)
$122
Alpine Inn & Suites(Daly City)(Great Value!)
$140
$136
Priceline
Mission Inn(San Francisco)
$130
Travelers Inn(South San Francisco)
$149
Royal Inn(South San Francisco)
$140
Mirage Inn & Suites(San Francisco)
$119
$92
Agoda.com
Deluxe Inn(South San Francisco)
$134
$110
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Each year I drive up from L.A. to run the Bay to Breakers in San Francisco. This year, I found it hard to book a room near the finish line for just one night, so based on some reviews, I took a chance with BridgePoint Inn in Daly City (located about 8 miles from the finish line).

I was happy with the room (I stayed in 104). On the good side, it was clean, had A/C / heating, had cable T.V. and a jacuzzi bath tub (something I really didn't expect from a budget motel and something I certainly made use of after running the race).

On the bad side, the overhead lighting was insufficient (which you could work around with the table lamp on), the T.V. was analog and had a bad speaker, I could not find the advertised HBO channel (and there was no TV guide in the room), and I could hear my neighbors through the wall (not clearly, but I knew when they were there).

There weren't a lot of restaurants, cafes and bakeries around the motel, so you will need to hop on a bus or drive a ways to eat.

Overall, I thought this was a good place to stay if you didn't want to stay in the heart of the city but wanted to be a little closer than the hotels down by the SF Airport. I felt safe and comfortable and the jacuzzi bathtub may actually bring me back to this place next year.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 27, 2009

Easy walk to Candletick for the game. Avoid the traffic!

Historic 7 mile bar and restaraunt across the street (plus ++ a must visit)

Close drive to mission street to hit a whole host of great dive spots.

If you are expecting an extravagant hotel...don't come. Stay away. Leave this hidden gem for folks that like great service, a friendly helpful staff in a great location.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2009

This MOTEL, it's definitely not an Inn, was NOTHING like it is described or shown online. I booked a double bed room because I heard they were bigger, and for what I'm not sure. The room had dingy blankets and window coverings, that are NOT like the ones shown on the website AT ALL! The room was very dark and the lights gave off only a dim glow (probably so that you couldn't see what was lurking under the covers or corners of the room). I traveled all the way from LA up to SF and wanted to take a shower after the long drive but didn't take one because there was a brown ring of mildew or dirt around the bath mat in the shower. The inside of the room looked old and dirty, definitely the kind of place that prostitutes and drug users spend their time (no joke). Oh and did I mention that this place is in a REALLY bad neighborhood???

I read one review that said it was not the best neighborhood but that was a definite understatement. It is right across the street from a huge power plant (what a view right?) and there were gang bangers walking around the streets at night. This is the kind of place that you want to peek out your window often to see if your car is okay, and even at that you may be afraid to peek out for fear that someone will know you are in there and want to come rob you or do bad things to you. I was literally afraid to stay here. When we checked in we had to be buzzed in because they keep all the doors locked, and they're double pained and bulletproof!

I was just waiting for the night to be over so I could check out as soon as possible. If you for some reason feel compelled to stay here do not book ahead of time because there is no getting around canceling your reservation (even though they give you the option on their website).

Not only is this place a definite source of false advertising based on what your room will look like, there was no small refrigerator in every room, certainly not ours, as promised online and if you want wireless access it is only in their main lobby, which is a tiny tiny space. I booked this hotel because it showed up as the closest place to Candlestick park (we went for a game). We quickly found out you don't want to stay in that neighborhood where the projects are.

I have stayed at my fair of cheap motels in desperate situations in random cities in college, but even Motel 6 is better than this place (and definitely not as expensive as it was here)! The only real perk is that you don't have to pay for parking, but then again you may wake up and your car is gone. Spend a little extra money and actually find a place in the city, or South SF, or even by the Airport. We found ourselves going to those hotels so that we could use the restrooms because they were nicer than the one in our room.

Nonetheless, I was extremely disappointed in my stay here and I will NEVER come back again, in fact I'll stay as far away as possible. I thought maybe I could get a funny horror story out of this place when telling friends about it, but more than anything I keep it to myself out of fear of embarrassment that I even stayed there in the first place! A couple exits before the Bridgepoint exit there is a Sheraton, a Courtyard Marriot and other places, stay there if you are trying to save money without having to go into the City. Whatever you do don't stay in Daly City, San Bruno, or THE BRIDGEPOINT INN! It was awful.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelRox9
Reviewed September 12, 2009

I came to the BridgePoint Inn because of it's location to the Cow Place for a trade show, and was surprised how efficient and effective the manager was at handling two other customers at the same time. Someone was complaining about something but when I went in my room everything was as it was on the website, the room was clean, the price was right and the service was more than I expected. I even got a free mug because I was a walk in. When looking at the other motels in that area I will never go anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2009

We were visiting SF and didn't want to stay downtown because it would be too pricey so I found this hotel at a very good rate. The only concern I had was that we would be checking in at 2am-3am in the morning and I had made the reservation for that day, which was a Monday. I called to make sure that we would be still be able to check in for Monday and that early in the morning (i gave the exact time) and the lady on the phone said yes. I made the reservation two weeks in advance and thought we would be set, but I still had my reservation of whether or not they would abide by their promise. When I got there, the man at the desk told me I had no reservation even though I had made it two weeks earlier. Good thing I printed out the confirmation or I would have been out of $180. If it was just me, it wouldn't have been bad but I had friends who were tired from the long drive (6 hours) and we just wanted to sleep. So when I gave the man the confirmation, he told me we couldn't check in because it wasn't Monday. I told him it is Monday and he argued that it wasn't and the best he could do was offer us a more expensive rate for the day. I was pissed but I didn't want to go searching for another hotel in the morning so we paid for the night. To say the least, he was pretty rude and wasn't even apologetic for the mixup. I would definitely give this place a better rating if it weren't for the rude service. An apology would have sufficed but he didn't even offer that. The room was sparse, but clean but the bathroom door was extremely hard to open and close. Our front door also wasn't built properly and it kept making a thumping noise because of the wind and we could hear the traffic almost as if there was no door. We had to prop a chair against the door so that it would be "shut properly." We barely got any sleep every night because of it. I know the manager has written responses to the negative customer reviews but after that first night dealing with the attendant, I didn't even want to bother asking for anything because we would be met with rudeness. the neighborhood that the hotel is in is a little shady but the hotel itself looks nice compared to the rest of the neighborhood.
This place would have been nice had the service been better. We definitely would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends