“Average, but could be better” 2 of 5 bubbles

BridgePoint Inn
BridgePoint Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Daly City
los angeles
“Average, but could be better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2009

We were visiting SF and didn't want to stay downtown because it would be too pricey so I found this hotel at a very good rate. The only concern I had was that we would be checking in at 2am-3am in the morning and I had made the reservation for that day, which was a Monday. I called to make sure that we would be still be able to check in for Monday and that early in the morning (i gave the exact time) and the lady on the phone said yes. I made the reservation two weeks in advance and thought we would be set, but I still had my reservation of whether or not they would abide by their promise. When I got there, the man at the desk told me I had no reservation even though I had made it two weeks earlier. Good thing I printed out the confirmation or I would have been out of $180. If it was just me, it wouldn't have been bad but I had friends who were tired from the long drive (6 hours) and we just wanted to sleep. So when I gave the man the confirmation, he told me we couldn't check in because it wasn't Monday. I told him it is Monday and he argued that it wasn't and the best he could do was offer us a more expensive rate for the day. I was pissed but I didn't want to go searching for another hotel in the morning so we paid for the night. To say the least, he was pretty rude and wasn't even apologetic for the mixup. I would definitely give this place a better rating if it weren't for the rude service. An apology would have sufficed but he didn't even offer that. The room was sparse, but clean but the bathroom door was extremely hard to open and close. Our front door also wasn't built properly and it kept making a thumping noise because of the wind and we could hear the traffic almost as if there was no door. We had to prop a chair against the door so that it would be "shut properly." We barely got any sleep every night because of it. I know the manager has written responses to the negative customer reviews but after that first night dealing with the attendant, I didn't even want to bother asking for anything because we would be met with rudeness. the neighborhood that the hotel is in is a little shady but the hotel itself looks nice compared to the rest of the neighborhood.
This place would have been nice had the service been better. We definitely would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
phoenix
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2009

If you are going to need the hotel staff to help you with anything while you are in Daly City or San Francisco, do not stay here.

I reserved a room for three days because I was taking the CA Bar Exam in Daly City at the Cow Palace and the Bridgepoint Inn was just a ten minute walk away and had fairly good reviews on this site. I was not expecting much, but it was clean and they have free wireless internet. The lights are VERY dim, the furniture had some stains (although none on the sheets - although there were some on the bedspread), there were bars on my windows, and their morning breakfast has really awful coffee, but it was fine.

I was supposed to check out on Thursday, take the exam and catch a flight, but the hotel would not hold my bags behind the front desk for me. I wasn't expecting a fancy hotel, but I was expecting convenience - and they made some very simple things very inconvenient. I ended up leaving Wednesday night to stay with someone who would keep my bags and took a taxi to the exam. Because it was less than 24 hours notice, I was still charged for the room. Most hotels have the 24 hour notice requirement, but if I'd known they wouldn't hold my bags that Thursday but would require that I pay for another full night just for a place to leave my things, I never would have stayed there in the first place.

My friend sent me surprise flowers for good luck (she's a bit extravagant) and I can't say for sure, but I got the impression that I would not have gotten them if I hadn't gone to the front desk myself. The front desk was a bit rude about someone having sent something to me. I just generally felt like I was annoying them.

Do not use the taxi service from the hotel - this is not the hotel's fault, but they have a button on their phone to call a taxi. Use the phone book to call one of the major San Francisco cab companies. I forget the name of the taxi company that showed up - but my taxi driver did not know where Haight Street was. He didn't even take me to Hayes Street - which sometimes happens and I understand. He took me to North Beach even after I corrected him twice, told him I beleived he was going the wrong way, that Haight Street is near the Golden Gate Park, near Fell and Oak, etc. - and he assured me he knew what he was doing. I refused to pay when he tried to drop me off in the beigest corner of San Francisco I've ever seen (the Haight is a lot of things - but it is never beige), and only then does he pull out a Garmin, enter the address on Haight Street and apologize. I do not know if he thought I was a tourist (which I sort of am, but still), or if he really didn't know or understand when I said Haight Street - but you'd think my corrections would have made him use that Garmin a little sooner. Just, if you stay at the Bridgepoint Inn, use a different cab company than the one they use.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Daly City hotels

Bakersfield, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2008

This was the first time that I stayed at this hotel and I was impressed by how clean the rooms were and how professional the staff was. The continenetal breakfast was very good with a good selection.

I will be staying here again in Nov. 2008 for another 49ers game.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2008

So overall my title says it all B+. I am not new to traveling in anyway so I new what I was booking. Contrary to the recent review I thought the property was well priced, very clean, and the Front Desk was pretty helpful. I new as a experienced traveler that complimentary breakfast means just that. The danishes and fruit are just enough to hold me over till I was able to eat breakfast. The coffee was hot the orange juice cold nothing I could complain about. Now eggs and bacon were not served but once again I expected "complimentary" not "continental". I get so tired of people complaining thinking budget hotels means full service. Feel kind of sorry for this property as guests with outrageous expectations seems to be hurting their reputation. I'll just forewarn...Maybe I could have stayed at full service near the airport however the difference I would have paid in taxi travel would have turned out to be the same. On the other hand if I stayed In the City I would have paid for parking up the butt so with all said, I enjoyed my stay and can bet more than likely you will. Seems more people need to leave some positive reviews. People are always so eager to complain instead of compliment. We live in a pretty negative world.

• Liked — Free Parking close to the City
  • Disliked — Not too many restaurants near by
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2008

We saw a nice photo of this on their web site. Looks are deceiving. Booked on Orbitz. The service was awful. I'm guessing the clerk at check-in is part of the family that owns it. She kept going in the back room and talking to someone asking questions about rooms. She moved like a snail...changed my room 3 times because none of the rooms were clean and it was after 4 when I checked in with reservations. I asked if the internet connection was wireless she said "oh...you want internet?" Another room change and 5 minutes of my life. The room was not very clean, the bathroom was aweful. My pet peeve---a long black hair on the top of the toilet tank ( I have red hair). The gag relex went into action. The floor in the bathroom was gross. I didn't take my shoes off anywhere in the room. The blanket was thin and the bed uncomfortable. The complimentary breakfast was a joke. Vending machine danish and snack cereal bars. I stayed in San Rafael the next night at the Four Seasons Hotel for the same money (Hotwire) and was treated like a queen--with impeccably clean, comfortable rooms and service. This hotel BridgePoint Inn Daly City is a dump. Don't waste your money.

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank globalreach23
sonora, ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2007

Yikes is right! The room was gross. It smelled like human sweat. From my motel I was able to take public trans. to China Town, which was what I was looking for. There was this little roadhouse bar across the street that was opened in the 1800s, called: 7-mile House; a great place with the best fried oysters and calamari, and not to forget good company and beer!

• Liked — The bar across the street.
  • Disliked — The stink
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
bridgpointinn, General Manager at BridgePoint Inn, responded to this review, November 17, 2007
With respect to the guest that wrote this review as the General Manager of this property I have to respond.
I can assure you this guest is exagerating the room smelling "gross" If for any reason you as a guest check into you room and are not satisfied with the accommodations we strongly advise you to please inform the Front Desk. We do not and can not know that you are unhappy unless it is communicated to us directly. Should this guest have contacted our Front Desk our protocall would have been to move them immediatley to different room. I can not stress enough the importance of communication from the guest. Please keep in mind that sometimes guests request smoking rooms and I will be frank that smoking rooms will smell like tobacco smoke, they are smoked in day in and day out. We do try our best to air out the rooms on a daily basis and spray the rooms down with a room deoderizer however the odor of tobacco smoke can not be removed easily. Perhaps this guest had a smoking room. I'm not too sure but again I do know that we ensure every effort to maintain our property. We take pride in out property and we do hope this comment will not give you the wrong impression of us.
Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2007

The Bridge Point Inn was in one of the seediest neighborhoods I ever been in around SF. The hotel looks nice as you drive up. It is industrial area that looks dirty and littered the building looked out of place in those surroundings. There were security cameras all over the property. The staff was prompt, not friendly, but not unfriendly, just all business. They are doing some refurbishing. From the looks of what has been done it must have needed it and the work is helping. Everything that this hotel is made it feel small, driving in, the parking lot is small, the lobby was also small. The rooms were on the small side but had a lot of furnishings shoehorned into them adding to that smallness. The room was clean and smelled a little sterile except for the bathtub. There was a nasty ring of mildew around the edge of the tub that got a quick call to the office for an instant remedy. Someone came to clean it. They did a good job, best of all it wasn’t moving any more. Most everything in the room was new, carpet, paint furniture and the like. The furniture was from Tacky-shabby-cheap.com. The air conditioner was really noisy but blew up a gale. The toilet and bath were in a separate room, which was almost too small to turn around in. The bath linens were the thinnest I have ever seen. The beds were firm, however the rest of the family didn’t like them. We had noisy neighbors that office staff had no luck in quieting down. You are a distance from downtown but it was a mile or so to the freeway. Considering the rate I guess it was an ok stay. They are trying hard to make it a nice place, but they picked the wrong area to do it. Next time I will stay by the airport, or just not be a cheapskate and stay in town.

• Liked — It was cheap
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
As the General Manager of BridgePoint Inn I need to take a minute to address this recent guests comments.
This guest seems to have a main focus on how small our property is. Unfortunatley yes we are a small 35 unit motel and we were built in 1994 to Daly City standards. The City would not allow us to build a bigger parking lot nor bigger rooms or lobby. I do feel that our parking lot & lobby being small does not interfer with our customer service and our ability to service our guests accordingly. Are rooms are standard size and comfortable.
As for the location. We are located in Daly City just actually a mile away from the San Francisco border. We do advise guests, should they ask that we are indeed located just outside of a major city therefore the area is very populated, a little noisy & very busy. If a guest calls and tells us they are looking for a quiet property with a view I will inform them we are not the property for them. We will never mislead or misinform a guest. Instead I'll be upfront and let you know we do not have any views of the ocean or hillside and we are not a full service property. Truth of the matter is we are on a main street in a small industrial area of the city. This in no way means we are in a "bad" neighborhood. We try our best to go above and beyond the expectations of a small property but we have limitations to what we can change and renovate. We are in the middle of doing many upgrades to our guest rooms, lobby and breakfast room. These renovations will continue to take place well into 2008. We listen to our guests suggestions and concerns and welcome them. Please be fair when writting your comments. We will try everything in our power to make sure we listen and correct any issues.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daly City
Alpine Inn & Suites
Alpine Inn & Suites
#2 of 6 in Daly City
Hampton Inn San Francisco - Daly City
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
El Camino Inn
El Camino Inn
#4 of 6 in Daly City
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Air...
#6 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to BridgePoint Inn? Share your experiences!