“Excellent dim sum without travelling into SF Chinatown”
Review of Koi Palace

Koi Palace
Ranked #3 of 228 Restaurants in Daly City
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2018

We stopped here for dim sum with our family for lunch, everything was amazing. There were many pages of various dim sum to choose from. If you have never been here, they do not take reservations so plan on waiting. But they do have a video screen where you can watch your seating progress until a table opens up. They do close between the lunch and dinner crowd so it makes it difficult to find an off time to eat there without a crowd. This is where Asians go for dim sum so if you want authentic this is the place!

Reviewed September 18, 2018

This is a hot spot for Chinese immigrant families. The food is authentic with dishes not found on many Chinese restaurant menus. Everything we had was delicious. Limited choices for vegetarians, though the fish and vegetable dishes we had were excellent. The egg custard dumpling was amazing! The restaurant is ornate and beautiful; clearly a spot for weddings. Great for groups.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 17, 2018

Koi Palace Restaurant is better than your average Chinese restaurant so it is no surprise that their prices are somewhat higher. Is it worth it? I would say so, I liked everything that my wife and I ordered except the fried taro which I personally think that its texture was pretty strange and it’s not my favorite. (Did not take its picture)

I ordered the noodles with duck meat and it was pretty awesome. The noodles were perfectly cooked, the duck meat pieces were tender and moist. The pork rib dish that we ordered was very tasty but I wish the portion was a little bit more generous. The pan fried chive dumpling was perfectly cooked. It was crispy on the bottom, delicious on the inside. I will definitely order this again...and again.

We were there during a busy lunch time, the dumplings were quickly delivered to our table but the noodles took more or less 25 minutes to arrive but it was worth the wait. Our table service was what you would expect during a busy lunchtime in a popular restaurant. I have no complaint. See the attached pictures.

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Must try for Dim Sum!!
Pork buns were so nice and fresh every thing we ordered was very good and well prepared so worth the wait!! If you go on the weekends be prepared to wait just go up and get your number as soon as you can! I recommend this restaurant! I always go with my Son at lest once or twice when I’am in town!

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

our family had one of it's holiday celebrations here. Had been to Koi for Dim Sum which is excellent but had not tried dinner, which is not crowded and as was the case for this meal, relatively quiet. Guess our decision to have dinner together earlier than most families, allowed us to eat in the comfort of few other diners, which is quite the opposite for their Dim Sum (Chinese Lunch) and holiday seasons, when dining is noisy, seriously and hectic, which at times, does effect the timely arrival of certain dim sum specialties. Dishes for the dinner service we're good but very pricey and why patrons prefer the luncheon/dim sum service.

Date of visit: February 2018