“Clean and friendly”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Daly City
Saskatoon, Canada
“Clean and friendly”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Booked on Expedia so wasn't too sure what to expect. Was pleasantly surprised! They allowed us to check in early which was much appreciated. Price for the room was very good. centrally located, friendly, helpful staff. The rooms are old so did have a bit of an old smell...not musty just the smell of older buildings. Continental breakfast was ample. Parking right outside your door. The reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because the sound proofing was what you would expect of an older building. We did put the fan on which took care of the noise. We stayed 2 nights and would stay again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Diane G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Sleepy Hollow, Illinois
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was surprisingly impressed by this top of 2-star choices! Alpine is centrally-located between Fishermans Wharf, SFO and south San Fransisco so driving is convenient.

Typical 2-stars don't serve Starbucks with a free continental breakfast, look and SMELL as clean as Alpine's well-appointed rooms, nor do they have that "homey" feeling in their modern décor.

I typically stay at 3-stars or above when travelling with Dawn but when travelling solo, 2-stars fit my needs just fine, allowing me to save money on the bed and spend more on sightseeing or fine dining. Being a Marriott Rewards Platinum, I appreciate quality and value.

The price to stay at Alpine was excellent and very convenient when paired with a Priceline "Name Your Price" purchase on my iPhone when I landed at SFO.

Alpine is not in situated in the most appealing neighborhoods next to the Cow Palace and McDonald's, KFC and Taco Bell are about the best "fine dining" choices if you want something quick and convenient.

Travel well !!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Dave_And_Dawn_143
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed 6 nights here. Free, and available parking. Service and bfast was decent (Don't expect too much). Walkway in the rooms as well as bathroom can be a little small, big and tall people might find the rooms a lil squeezy. Otherwise, all else was good and we enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Don't leave food lying around cos there are racoons there.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darren3232
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed for two nights. Quaint, clean, and comfortable rooms. Excellent customer service was provided by all the staff! The continental breakfast lacked tea bags and salt/pepper, but they did have good coffee. I would recommend the Alpine to my friends & family. A good value, especially with the AAA discount.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank toshwu66
Clovis, California
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Wow this was by far one of the best rooms I have stayed in. It was so nice and clean. The location was right next to where I had to be also. I like the setup of the way the rooms are. You do not have to worry about people above you which is awesome when you have a 3 month old with you. The price was awesome. It was cheaper and way nicer then the hotel I had stay at the night before. The staff was so nice and very helpful. The breakfast was also great to. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ashleigh L
ca.
Reviewed January 6, 2014

THis place was filthy! The headboards were so dirty, I had a hard time sleeping. Also the room smelled like smoke covered in air freshener which made me nauseas all night. The staff wasn't very helpful or caring. The so called continental breakfast was gross. The blankets they provide in the dresser drawer was scary, i wouldn't touch it if i were freezing. I couldn't wait to get out of there. We checked out early. The surrounding area is like being in the arm pit of San Francisco. The worst experience ever. The office recommended we eat (family with kids) at a DUMP called "7 mile" sports bar type. Even had a security guard outside the door. I wouldn't step foot in that town. I suggest if you are used to a clean room NEVER stay here. I have pictures but i am not sure if i can post them. I will try!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Lifestooshort1
Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed January 1, 2014

While nothing fancy, the Alpine Inn and Suites is a clean and quiet lodging spot when visiting SF. While on the edge of the southern side of the city (and nowhere near the regular tourist spots), this is a much less expensive option, assuming you have a car. The continental breakfast had enough variety to accommodate my husband's and my different food preferences, and gave us each a good start to the day. We'll be using the Alpine Inn as our first choice whenever our travels bring us back to the SF area!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
El Camino Inn
El Camino Inn
#4 of 6 in Daly City
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Air...
#5 of 28 in South San Francisco
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Alpine Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!