Alpine Inn & Suites
$218
$197
Mylo Hotel(Daly City)(Great Value!)
$141
$130
$126
Mission Inn(San Francisco)
$150
Travelers Inn(South San Francisco)
$149
$145
Travelocity
Royal Inn(South San Francisco)
$140
Mirage Inn & Suites(San Francisco)
$133
Deluxe Inn(South San Francisco)
$264
$200
All reviewscow palacesan franciscodonut holesboxed breakfastyogurtsf areafree parkinghardwood floorsplace to staycoffee machinefridge and microwavequeen roomfront officequiet locationshort driveclean roomspublic transportation
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were visiting our son in San Francisco and came across this retro type motor lodge. It was great, no parking fees, clean well appointed rooms, fridge and microwave. I'm very picky about my hotel rooms and this one was great especially in the cleaning area.
The hotels in San Francisco were charging $30 or more parking fees, and on top of the steep room charges, the cost of a nights stay is crazy right in the city
We stayed 3 nights the staff was always friendly and helpful. It gave you a feel of a motor lodge from the late 50-60's era before there were the huge chains.
We will stay here again when we go back to San Francisco.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was with my family 4 nights during our trip in California.
Excellent location, just outside San Francisco, reachable in a few minutes. The welcome was great and the hotel is very nice, the rooms very well appointed and clean. Convenient parking next to the rooms or in the dedicated parking. Continental breakfast with good variety of products, maybe there would be a need for a space to be enjoyed in a common room, but you can have it in your room. Excellent value for money.
During the checkout, for our trip, the manager gave us snaks for free. Highly recommended, if I go to san francisco I absolutely go back here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Alpine Inn & Suites is a basic family run hotel at the border of San Francisco and Daly City. The area is in a residential neighborhood and there is nothing of interest in the walking vicinity (besides arena/entertainment venue - Cow Palace).

You have quick access to the crowded SF Muni buses that gets you downtown in 45 minutes or about 15 minutes to a nearby BART Station (which can get you downtown in about 30 minutes total). Free parking and proximity to SF makes it an interesting alternative to Airport hotels allowing access to the suburbs by car, and the city by transit. You can also get call a cab to take you to the BART for 10-15$.

The front desk service is friendly and earnest, but printing a boarding pass or getting the very basic breakfast (banana, juice and cereal) can feel cramped and awkward. But reasonable for a 2* property.

I got a double room unit which was a good value for the size and one of the beds was comfortable, the other was just tolerable. WiFi access was spotty, but functional. TV is small and old.

I had no major issues with the hotel ... 3.5stars.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mgtor
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here.
First time in the area the desk person referred me to a great place to get some dinner.
Quiet area liked that sense I was traveling alone.
Rooms are a little small but very clean.
All in all I like this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Let's start with the positive: clean rooms, friendly staff and not too busy. Anyhow, the rooms are more than tiny and the furniture is not in the very best condition. There is no chance to take the breakfast in a dining room - as this is not existing. You have to go to the lobby and pick up your coffee and some supplementary, like old muffins as well as some corn flakes. If you like to have at least a kind of good starter into the morning, don't take the offered breakfast. We will not recommend this hotel to our friends.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family