“Rude Staff”

Alpine Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Daly City
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I booked this hotel thinking it was a decent, close, and safe place to stay. Before I left for Daly City, I called three times asking every question in the book (any extra charges, the rooms quality, etc) and they said there was no extra charge or deposit, and that the rooms were in the same quality and condition as online showed. When I arrived, the area just wasn't good. It was completely out of the city, and near the top of a hill by a community of houses. Yes, it's close to San Fran, so if you don't mind a gross city to stay in then go for it. When I arrived, we walked in and the staff was Indian (I'm not racist but with my traveling experience, Indian people are unfair and rude.) When we asked to see the room before purchasing the nights, he was rude and acting like it was some huge deal. Then he asked for an extra deposit which I had already called and asked about and she said there wasn't. When I asked for a few minutes to discuss if we were going to stay or not outside, he threw our ID's and credit cards back at us. He told us be back in an hour or he'll charge us double, which was again unfair because the woman told me 12AM was the last time you can come without getting charged. The room is decent from what we saw, although it was very cramped. I suggest if you're going to the San Francisco area, to take the extra hour trip up to San Francisco and stay in Santa Cruz. Daly City has nothing to it and the place is sort of deserted. Overall, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank emr542

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Relatives live in daly city just south of SF so I chose this motel for a 6 day stay. Easy to reach fm the airport. Free parking. Simple but consistent cont brkfast daily. Friendly & helpful staff. Very clean and efficiently run. Extremely comfortable bed. Good bathroom w plenty of hot water, and a close up mirror which was a nice touch. Relatively quiet because it sits a block or so back fm the Main Street. Only drawbacks are that it is a steep incline, and there really isn't anything in the local neighborhood. But if you are spending your time outside of downtown Sf this is a great place.

Room Tip: Ask for king room. They are HUGE.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

The room was clean and they cleaned it daily. No smell, no insects, no stains. Equipment might look old, but functioned well. Microwave oven, coffee maker and fridge. Airconditioner is very loud, but i always turn it off at night anyway. Free wifi was ok. Unfortunately no convenience store or cafe in walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 18, 2013

If You coming to San Francisco besides the flower in your hair You should stay in this pictoresque boutique hotel. Breakfast is'nt wonderful, but room and wifi się very nice and good. To exploring SF You can take buses ## 8x and 9. It is little far, but trip is good.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We got this property through a last-minute hotwire offer for 1 night, and liked it enough to stay for another night. It proved to be a great base for exploring SF without the hassles and expense of a downtown property. Looking over TripAdvisor, there are mixed reviews....this is not a cookie-cutter motel with identical units, so evidently quality may vary from one unit to another. All I can speak about it our unit: clean, comfortable, quiet, certainly more than adequate. We spent our days out and about and didn't really explore the immediate area much, but didn't have concerns for safety at the Alpine Inn. The breakfast, which again was more than adequate, doesn't start until 7:30 AM, which may be a little late for other early risers anxious to start a day enjoying all that SF has to offer. Would definitely return.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joyfulcolorado
Reviewed January 11, 2013

There is a lot I will put up with for a price that doesn't kill my wallet and this place hardly tested me.

Cute duplex bungalows. Room was smallish, but not cramped. Coffee maker, microwave & mini-fridge. Clean bedding and towels. Bed was okay (not uncomfortable). Bathroom was not disgusting, but also not pristine (some hairs escaped the cleaning staff). Scalding hot or luke warm water (no warm option). Could definitely hear the neighbors, but not to the point that it kept my awake or ruined my stay. Felt safe (although I was too chicken to enter any of the nearby liquor stores). Don't expect much for "breakfast." There seemed to be a lot of repair work going on during the day, but it didn't bother me. Parking in front of my room. Heat/AC. Limited Cable.

If you want to spend your time in the Bay Area and not in your room, but can't afford to stay in town, this is acceptable. I would stay again (unless I had a little more to spend).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is a motel-style inn, meaning the rooms have window units for heating/cooling and amenities tend to be very, very basic. The rooms are clean and the property was pretty quiet during my stay, so I was comfortable. The hotel owners are the main staff, and they are friendly and helpful. I stayed here to go to a 49ers game and wanted to share a cab ride to the game Sunday. The owners found another group I could share with, which I appreciated very much. For that reason I rate this place a four (instead of a three, by motel standards). The cab ride turned out to just be $12 total so splitting isn't necessary. If you go the game, be warned that getting a cab home can be very difficult if you are staying in Daly City, close to the stadium. San Fran cabbies want big fares only.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daly City
Hampton Inn San Francisco - Daly City
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
El Camino Inn
El Camino Inn
#4 of 6 in Daly City
Ramada Limited San Francisco Airport North
Ramada Limited San Francisco Air...
#5 of 28 in South San Francisco
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/...
#6 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Alpine Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!