“Ok, of you need a small place to stay.”
Review of El Camino Inn

El Camino Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Daly City
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Not a bad place to stay!
If you are on a tighter budget and planning a trip to the San Francisco area I would suggest this place. It was pretty nice for a little motel, well kept and not slummy looking at all on the outside.
A good plus was the number of channels they give you to watch on the television, even better if you understand Spanish, as half the channels were!
The room was quite small, neat and serviceable as a place to crash each night, except my bed felt like it was make from two box spring sets, instead of a box spring and a mattress SET, hard!!
The 'Continental Breakfast' was in a very cute little separate side room behind the office, but quite MEAGER, Coffee, Bread for Toast and individually packaged Big Box Store 'Danishs' laid in a basket; rather tiresome after the second day. I specifically buy Hotels/Motels that furnish a 'breakfast' to save money, but wound up going across the street to a REAL Donuts & Pastry Shop for REAL pastries.
A redeeming quality of the location is it's walking distance, (just across the street again) to 'Estrada's Mexican Restaurant', which had THE BEST Mexican/Caribbean Food I have had in a long while ~ a bit on the $$ side, but half the customers being of Mexican decent speaks volumes!! Say "HOLA" to Brenda, your angel server and Luis from Brent!!

If I were to make a short visit to the area again, I would defiantly consider staying here, if for no other reason than being 20 minutes from the Wharf and those two places across Mission Street.

Room Tip: Get an upper room to alleviate noise from 'tromping' upstairs neighbors (very thin walls and...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This place reminds me of a few places I stayed in as a kid traveling with my family--and even they they were either outdated or nostalgic depending on your point of view. Most of these types of places are run-down and/or have sketchy customers, but not here. The other guests seemed respectable and the while the architecture is dated, my room did have nice newer furnishings. It is small with some amenities, but a good $ value. Check-in/out went well. Even though the motel is on a busy street, my room was not noisy. Room was clean and undamaged. Breakfast was sparse, but could have been worse.

Room Tip: Mission St. is an efficient drive to the freeway into SF, but be careful not to get on the wrong str...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been staying to this place annually and their place and service gets better every year. Location is very close to Colma Bart, Walgreens, fast foods and theres a coffee shop opposite to the hotel which is open 24hrs.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stopped and stayed one night while on a road trip through California. Price was right and we were pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness of the room. Felt safe and was in a prime location near the Golden Gate Bridge and shopping. Staff were friendly and helpful. Stayed in a second floor room...no elevator that I saw...stairs are a bit steep for folks with trouble negotiating them. Check in and check out was a breeze. Would recommend this hotel as a budget option.

Room Tip: Stairs are steep to second floor rooms...but worth the sense of security from staying on a ground le...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I booked a room at El Camino on 8-25 through Expedia.com for that same evening and when I arrived that evening a young red headed counterman told my wife and I that there was no reservation and that they do not usually check "3rd party reservations" every day. This is 2012 and you would think you could count on an internet reservation to be there. They are now trying to bill me for the room.....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights and it was great. We had a car so it was very easy to get to and not too far from the city. The room was spacious, modern and very clean and although the breakfast was basic we enjoyed it. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessicalina4444
Reviewed August 15, 2012

First of all, I can not claim how the services are at this establishment. It looks like people have enjoyed staying there. My disappointment was that I was made to look like a fool by the manager on staff. This is my story...I had canceled my hotel stay, which was for 4 nights, because I had a friend in the City who was so wonderful to offer me and my friends accomodations, during our stay. The woman working Saturday night had confirmed my cancelation after I had phoned in my change of plans. Then the morning after the first night I was supposed to have originally checked into my hotel, I recieve a text notification of a charge for all 4 nights at El Camino. Therefore, I called the hotel to fix this problem.Well, the manager on staff was not having it. She claimed it was my fault and I had to pay for the 1st night at least. After contemplating my next action, I called back and asked to speak with a higher authority. I was only allowed to leave my number and wait for a phone call from the owners...who I still haven't heard from. In the end, it was my bank, Chase, who got my money back. I can handle a lot of things, but getting screwed over isn't one of them. I don't reprimand anyone for staying at the El Camino. I just hope that the manager on staff will handle her protential customers better next time.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Travelers Inn
#13 of 28 in South San Francisco
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn

Been to El Camino Inn? Share your experiences!