“Decent hotel, not far from San Francisco”

Hampton Inn San Francisco - Daly City
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Daly City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Southern California
“Decent hotel, not far from San Francisco”
Reviewed April 10, 2007

I stayed at this Hampton Inn mid March 2007. The price was fair, around $140 per night. Not too far a drive from San Francisco and I had a car so it was easy to get around. My stay was a business trip, most of my contacts were in San Francisco or in the general bay area so it was convenient.

The hotel is on the west side of the bay, can get foggy sometimes. The facility is on an incline so some of the rooms are on lower floors than the lobby, some are higher, i was on lobby level. I read over comments about chlorine odor, I must admit that when walking directly near the pool i got a wiff of chlorine, but it didn't bother me, however I didn't stay on that floor either.

My only negative was that upon check in my room was not completely cleaned, I had to replace the sleeper sofa cushions and I noticed that the previous guest must have loved fruit because I found leftover grapes in the sofa and other fruit pits were still in the trash. I saw a housekeeper and she gladly and promptly took care of the unfinished cleaning.

I got an Excellent high speed connection via wired. Faster than my DSL at home which I rarely get when many guests are using the internet.

I didn't eat any breakfast here, but I presume it was standard Hampton Inn breakfasts which aren't bad.

The room was spacious, I had a study which included a microwave and mini fridge.

The area seemed decent, I felt safe and secure as the police station is across the street from the parking lot. Not far from the hotel is an entertainment complex,, movie theaters, trendy fast food spots etc.

• Liked — secure location close to SF at decent prices less than SF
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank freykr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Turkish first
North Tustin, California
Reviewed July 25, 2006

My son booked this hotel for my wife and me on our last journey to visit he and his family.
To our surprise upon checking in, we discovered it is part of HHilton Honors program, which the desk person inquired about and then found my membership records without being prompted.
Our room was very clean and quiet, the bed comfortable, and the bathroom both clean and well-supplied with towels, soaps and other toiletries.
The included breakfast was exceptional compared to most hotels offering this perk. And the menu changed the second morning to offer a slightly different main entree. With fresh fruit and a choice of several brewed coffees and other beverages.
Courtesy, cleanliness, comfort, and quiet. What else can a traveler want who is mainly using the facility as a bedroom, bathroom while touring all day and evening?

Stayed June 2006
5 Thank RAGTraveler
Plano, TX
Reviewed May 17, 2006

I stayed here two nights while visiting sites in SF. I have stayed at Hamptons before. My room was clean and modern. It was non-smoking like I had asked for. It didn't have a frig like my last one - but that was ok.

Parking - there is a drop off out front, but then you can either park underneath the hotel, or uncovered. I don't know how that would be for seniors or those disabled ??? We had no problem - but I just wanted to mention that.

There is a "shuttle" service - and its really free cab service. We used this both days getting back and forth to the BART station just a few minutes away.

We didn't use the gym or pool - although you could smell the chlorine when going to the garage area - but that doesn't surprise me - it was no big deal to me - its a pool and there are no rooms down there.

I didn't see a business center - not sure if there was one - I didn't need it this trip.

The staff was friendly when we interacted with them. They kept the breakfast bar stocked in the morning. Their breakfast is a step up from continental in that it has one or two "hot" items ... maybe eggs, or sausage, or waffles. There's usually something there for the average person (hot or cold) They also have good cookies ;)

There is a McDonalds next door...and probably walk distance is Krispy Kreme and In-N-Out Burger. There are other restaurants nearby - but we didn't pay that much attention or go there.

This was a good stay - I would do it again.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
5 Thank agvball
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 3, 2005

We went to the Hampton Inn in Daly City on November 11th and 12th. I had a conference at San Francisco State University and I was looking for a place close to it. The hotel is ok if you, like me, are looking for a place to stay because it is a business trip, not a leisure one.

We stayed at room 219 and for some reason around 5 am in the morning we experimented the noisiest room ever. (I guess the kitchen is over that room)
We could hear pans all over, an orange juice machine and people moving all kind of things.

However, except for the noise, the room was spacious, the breakfast was good and the employees were really nice. But as you can imagine when you are traveling for business reasons you really need to rest, and unfortunately it was not our experience at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 1, 2005

I first stayed at the Hampton Inn at Daly City about a year ago, and had a wonderful stay. The hotel does have complimentary high speed access, and a fairly nice continental breakfast, but it does have problems. The indoor pool is on the first floor, and the smell from the pool area is enough to knock you over (you have to enter right by the pool from the parking lot). There is so much chlorine, and there is the strong smell of mold. The smell comes up the elevator shaft, and seems to permeate the rooms near the elevator shaft. We also had problems with the staff. Our party of 6 all got checked out during our week stay due to "computer glitches", and we got some wake up calls at the wrong time. You would be better off going towards the Airport, or staying downtown.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, General Manager at Hampton Inn San Francisco - Daly City, responded to this review, January 15, 2006
The Hampton Inn in Daly City has had a full renovation of our pool and work out area. The issues once had with the smell of chlorine have been taken care of. We would love to have you come and visit us and see for yourself the wonderful improvements we have made!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daly City
Alpine Inn & Suites
Alpine Inn & Suites
#2 of 6 in Daly City
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
El Camino Inn
El Camino Inn
#4 of 6 in Daly City
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport-North
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Hampton Inn San Francisco - Daly City? Share your experiences!