“Disappointed”

Ranked #93 of 125 Restaurants in Cypress
Granada Hills, CA
“Disappointed”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We went there after reading reviews. The chicken was pretty good, but the rest was a disappointment. We told the guy it was our first visit. After we ordered we discovered that they were closing in a few minutes and that we would need to take our food with us. We would have ordered a different meal, less expensive than the two meals we did order that had just as much food and included salad. My husband decided to order macaroni salad. It tasted fine, but we were suspicious because we also ordered sides of ranch and sour cream for the potatoes. They were visably moldy and warm when we opened them at the motel just a short time after we purchased them. It spoiled our whole experience.

Visited April 2012

New York
“Awesome, awesome chicken”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

First of all, let's talk about those potatoes first because they are getting a bad rap. They deep fry them with the chicken. They are just boring potatoes with nothing on them. BUT, so are french fries. Think how awful FF's are before salt, ketchup, Tabasco, etc. So here's what you do... Take them home, smash em real good, add butter, salt and pepper and they are great! See how easy that was...
Now the chicken- Fantastic broasted chicken. Not greasy, very moist and never sitting around because it's made to order. And the best thing about this place is they will give me all the white meat I want without getting all pissy or charging a fortune.
This place is at the top of my list when I return to So Cal. But yes, take it home.

Visited March 2012
“Just finished the day at Knotts and felt...”
Reviewed March 18, 2010

Just finished the day at Knotts and felt like a chicken dinner. But with three adults and three tired kids didn't want to spend another hundred bucks! Did a search on my iPhone and came up with this hole-in-the-wall restaurant. Its reviews claimed great taste. And guess what - the reviews proved to be right! The atmosphere was poor but the chicken was exceptional! Very moist and not greasy. The cost to feed the six of us was about the same to feed one adult at Knotts! That hard to beat. A word to the wise - bring your own napkins, theirs are like using toilet paper.

Garden Grove, CA
“Best in the west!”
Reviewed January 30, 2009

I've been going to this place for years and I have to say, i've never had better broasted chicken and potatoes!

The place is kinda dumpy inside, so I always take it home to enjoy.

whittier
“Best Chicken Ever”
Reviewed April 22, 2008

wow i have had a lot of Chicken in my 26 years and i would have to say that Grandmas Chicken House is the best in my Book..