“Delicious Food & Cozy Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of El Zarape

El Zarape
Ranked #3 of 125 Restaurants in Cypress
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: El Zarape is a family operated authentic Mexican restaurant serving Cypress and its surrounding areas since 1990. For the past 23 years, we have been dedicated to serving our guests with the freshest and finest Mexican cuisine. Our “home-style” reputation roots from our friendly service, relaxed ambience, and made-from-scratch creations. So bring your family and friends and come grab one of our popular Zarape Grand Margaritas alongside our exquisite dishes. Mi casa es su casa. Buenprovecho!- The Martin Family
Cypress, California
“Delicious Food & Cozy Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

They treat you like part of the family!
The food is great (...love those chimiflauta, chips & chunky salsa) and the drinks are generous and delicious! I come here often and havent had anything that I didn't enjoy. you must check it out!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank traveln2011

• Korean first
Los Alamitos, California
“Family owned and run”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

Great family-run Mexican restaurant. Get the margaritas. Delicious.

1 Thank fussy2911traveler
“Typical Good Mexican Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

I just love their chicken Chimichanga... Good salsa with homemade tortilla chips. My husband usually gets something different each time and it tastes always good.
Go for a lunch, your stomach will have more time to digest this delicious but a bit havy food :)))

1 Thank Elnotre
Buena Park, California
“Great Food with 1 bad experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

el Zarape has great food and great service. However, the first time I went there, an older gentleman took our order. He was SOOOO rude. He actually told me to hurry up with my order (only after being sat down a couple of minutes!) I vowed never to go back. Then someone from work selected el Zarape's for lunch, and this time, the service and food were excellent. Also, it was very crowded, but if you're lucky enough to get there before the crowd, you will not be disappointed. Great place to go, minus the rude grump butt.

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank United90630
“Authentic Heaven!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

We love El Zarape!!! Yummy doesn't even begin to describe it. Everything is so fresh, flavorful and authentic. I had the shrimp fajitas which were to die for, hubby had carnitas with all the fixin's and our little one had a bean and cheese burrito (which I couldn't help by try....). Everything was an A+!! They make fresh-brewed iced tea (not that lousy machine-made stuff) and the chips and salsa were great! We can't wait to go back!!! I think we'll try the margaritas next time. Some people near us ordered some and they looked amazing!

Visited June 2011