“Great place!”

HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Reviewed June 27, 2008

Excellent experience! Would definately stay again. The breakfast downstairs was a full on breakfast, nice change from the "Continental" breakfasts at most places. Loved having a kitchen. Loved the suite, my friend stays up late so I could close the door and go to bed early. Staff was very helpful and very nice. Room was really clean and the AC worked like a dream. I have nothing bad to say. They lock the front door late at night so you need your key to enter at side entrances. We went to store late and came back to a locked front entrance, we laughed about getting "home" too late and "mom" locking us out of the house. Luckily there were 2 people in the parking lot that told us how to get back in as at check in the front desk forgot to tell us. It was a great experience. Only 6 miles from Disneyland if you want to get away from all that hussle and bustle this would be a great place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank snaclaudia

Reviewed February 11, 2008

We have stayed at this motel several times over the last five years, but it is in dire need of a renovation. The furniture is old, the bathroom is basically right in the bedroom so if one person is using the sink, the light and noise will keep the other person awake.

The rooms could use better lighting, and the Internet access is an extra charge.

There is a mangers reception four nights a week so if you are there Friday through Sunday, you miss the reception. The breakfast is actually quite good and plentiful, with eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, juice, fruit, etc.

Unless there is some work done to improve the quality of the rooms we will no longer be staying there.

• Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank spyyman
BreaAGM, Assistant General Manager at HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2008

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do appreciate the constructive feedback you have provided for us. We are happy to report that our hotel has recently undergone a complete renovation! The issues you discussed in your review were some of our main focus points when renovating the property. We know that if you give our property another chance you won't be disappointed. Regards.

Reviewed January 28, 2008

Originally I was supposed to be put into a suite; however they gave me a standard room because they had overbooked the suites. Carpet was absolutely filthy, something I would have expected a $70 motel, but not acceptable in a place like this. Air conditioner/heater only had one setting which sounded like a tornado in the room. The Ethernet cable was located on the opposite side of the room from the "desk” which made it impossible for me to work comfortably on my laptop. I did have a nice balcony, and the breakfast was good, but those were the only positives of staying in this place. I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank Alex T

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We do apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your visit. We are happy to report that our property recently underwent a full renovation! Some of your comments were the focus point of our renovation project. We take great pride in our breakfast and appreciate your positive comments. We think that with the renovation behind us that we can not only provide the value you desire but also the comforts of a modern decor. Thank you again and we hope that you will consider our property on your next visit to the Cypress/Anaheim area.

Reviewed August 27, 2007

I flew in and was shuttled to Woodfin Hotel. The front desk people seemed inexperienced and slow. I was booked for the second floor, and my room was lackluster. The linoleum floor looked 80s and the sofa couch was a bit faded. The sofa cushion's zipper was broken. The soaps melted easily when wet. The toilet flooded on more than one occasion while we stayed there and we were told we could use the restroom in the front of the building. I'm sorry, but I am a woman and I don't do my dirty deeds in public restrooms. The maintenance guy came in and worked on the toilet, but left it wet. He didn't speak any English when I asked him if he could have someone bring in fresh towels. I don't like people going in my room when I'm not there, so I prefer to have my towels delivered to me upon request. However, this was an inconvenience so I went ahead and just called the front desk to do it.

The breakfast buffet was also dry. The scrambled eggs were overcooked and had a slight seafood aroma, the hashed browns were too toasted, and one day we had do-it-yourself waffles that weren't that great tasting either. The coffee tasted slightly burnt.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank harryswife05

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your constructive feedback is crucial in our attempt to better serve our guests. We would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. I am happy to report that the hotel has recently undergone a complete renovation. I assure you that some of the issues you encountered on your visit have been addressed in the renovation process. I would hope that you would give our property another chance. I do not think you will be disappointed. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 26, 2007

My wife and I flew to Long Beach for her training. We decided on the Woodfin Suite Hotel. On a few occasions, the housemaid Mimi came in to clean up our room. She was really nice and attentive and although the second day she came by, we didn't really need anything, but she reminded us of our trash and extra towels.

The breakfast was great. We had eggs, sausage, omelets, hash browns, home fries, waffles. They have a small store in there too where they sell snacks like candy bars and even alcohol.

The pool was refreshing, and we were just literally a minute away from Wendy's so we got ice cream there. They have a Chili's Restaurant and other restaurants and fast food as well Cypress is not a busy city like Long Beach or LA, so not too much traffic. It was overall a great place.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
6  Thank sciencebreakthru

Thank you very much for reviewing our property. It is always refreshing to receive positive feedback from our guests. We hope that you will continue to make Woodfin Suites your accommodation choice when traveling to the Cypress/Anaheim area. Regards.

A TripAdvisor Member
Melbourne, FL
Reviewed March 29, 2006

I was on a business trip with my company and all the other hotels in the area were booked so my secretary booked me at the Woodfin, one of the few places with available rooms. I expected to be staying in one of the 2-room suites with the kitchen and living area but instead I was greated by a 200 square foot oversized closet that the Woodfin tried to pass off as a hotel room. I pulled off the sheets to rest my weary head but found the body hair of prior guests scattered across the sheets and pillows. Needless to say, that was my last night at the Woodfin. Granted, it was 20% cheaper than the Radisson and Marriott but I'd gladly let my company foot the extra $20 per night to have some space to call my own and a clean set of sheets.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I would like to apologize for the experience you had during your visit. Our Traditional rooms are small in comparison to our Suites but they are comparable to most Standard Hotel rooms. The Traditional rooms are 300 sq. ft. Although I can not change the size of the Traditional room, I can recommend our One Bedroom Suite. It is equipped with a full-kitchen, living room, and a separate bedroom area. I am certain you will find the space you are looking for with this room type. Thank you again for your constructive feedback and hope that you would give our property another opportunity when traveling to the Cypress/Anaheim area.

Reviewed September 3, 2005

My family stayed for a week a the hotel in late August - we had a 2-bedroom suite on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay, the hotel was a good value, the staff was friendly, the breakfasts (as long as you like scrambled eggs for breakfast every morning - actually there was also potatoes of some type, sausage or bacon, waffles that you could make, cereal, fresh fruit, bagels, english muffins, yogurt, etc.) and light snack Monday to Thursday evening was very good (enough for the kids for dinner, actually), it is convenient to Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm, and there are a couple of supermarkets within a few minute dirve.

On the down side - the water in the pool was murky and they had to close the pool twice for maintenance and the gym equipment is very old and in poor repair - the bicycle is unuseable and the Universal has several wires that are about to snap.

We would stay there again - nice... not perfect, but good for a family.

• Stayed: August 2005
2  Thank dadinator

Thank you for completing a review on our property. We take great pride in our breakfast and social hour and appreciate the positive feedback. I do apologize for the situation surrounding the availability of the pool area. This was certainly an isolated case and our pool and spa are fully functional. I understand how important the pool area can be for a traveling family. I would like to update that the equipment in the Fitness Center has been replaced. Thank you again for your constructive feedback and look forward to accommodating you and your family on your next trip to the Cypress/Anaheim area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress
#3 of 19 in Garden Grove
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
#2 of 19 in Buena Park

Been to HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim? Share your experiences!