“Had a nice stay for a few days during Thanksgiving!”

HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband booked this hotel for the name and because it had a kitchen!!!! During our visits a kitchen is becoming more important due to the cost of eating out all the time. I read some of the reviews and were kinda fearfull of what to expect. The hotel is older maybe lat 80's I am guessing. The room were partially updated, bathroom was not. It was clean but really needs a new shower head, tile and lose the wallpaper. The room was furnished except for the bathroom. So far we have been to many places that don't put 4 sets of towells in the room? Why? Oh well they came the first day but had to call the next day. I went down to the front desk and we got 6 sets!!. The bed was wonderful kingsize and comfortable for me and my hubby!!! The pull out sofa needs to be thrown out. The mattress was to uncomfortable for my 2 kids age 16 and 11. Good thing we brought a blow up mattress. I really don't know how this could be fixed cause all pull out sofas are horrible. The kitchen was also dated but had nice granite counter tops. The micro/fridge/ & electric stove were clean and worked but also from the early 90's. I guess in this ecomony it is very hard to update the equipment. The TV's were excellent and so was the free internet!!! Kudos to Hyatt for doing this. I hate when you have to pay high prices for a room then you get no free internet or breakfast!! Ok the grounds were very nice and the breakfast was excellent with lots of choices and healthful ones at that! Coffee/ tea were excellent. Everyone who worked there was very nice and helpful. Excellent check in and check out staff. They even let us eat breakfast when we got there at 9 am in the morning!! My 11 year old son was upset that the pool was not heated because it was way too cold for him or I to swim but we used the hot tub and the gym instead. I liked the location out of the way. The traffic was less congested and easy to find supermarkets. I really think this is a hidden gem and hopefully Hyatt will invest more into the property to update it if at all possible. We went to California Adventure the day after Thanksgiving and we had a wonderful time and were very tired being there for 15 hours! The next day we went to Queen Mary. If you have never been there go at least once in your life. If you have already been in the past skip it.

Room Tip: Get the inside on the second or third floor to view the gardens or the pool. We got the outside view...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We found Hyatt House Cypress was a great place to stay. The front desk staff were extremely helpful and friendly - nothing was too much trouble. All other staff encountered were similarly friendly.

The room was clean, a great size and had everything we needed. The pool and hot tub were a great place to relax after a long day.

The hotel's location was great too, close to the Disney parks and with easy access to freeways to other areas of the city. The area also had lots of choices for shopping and eating. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be using this hotel again if we return to LA in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank JenelleW
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We arrived at this hotel and the staff at the desk were friendly. We proceeded to our room and got out of the lift and no biggie but the signage is not good, so be prepared to locate your room. The lifts are so old probably built in the 80's. Got to the room and it is quite small although we had a king size bed. A bit outdated but it was still clean. We could not believe there was no fridge as we wanted to store some items in there. Contacted the desk and they said for a fridge it would be abt an extra $30.00 per night. Considering we were staying 3 nights I didn't believe it was a worthwhile investment to keep things cool. The hotel did state if we put our names on items that they would put it in a fridge located in the lobby. There was no ice machine you need to go down to the lobby where the bar is and have staff get you ice. There was only one plastic cup in the room. We had a laptop and hooked it up at the desk and there was no chair. The staff were pleasant and quite friendly. We booked this through hotwire as a mystery deal and I would not recommend this hotel it is in need of a desperate makeover.

Room Tip: Request for Lvl 3 with a fridge
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The reason my family and I chose the Hyatt House in Cypress, CA is because we had stayed at a Hyatt Hotel in Nashville, TN a few years ago and it was a superb experience. We were expecting consistency but this was not what we experienced. The positive parts of our stay included the complimentary breakfast and layout design of our room (kitchenette and living area). The first thing we noticed upon arrival was the lack of signage indicating how to locate our room, fitness center, pool, lobby, etc. It is unusual for a hotel not to have signage to help guests navigate themselves about the hotel. Our room did not have a safe to keep our valuables so I called the front desk and was told that it would be looked into and I would be notified. I never heard back about the safe. The small balcony off our room did not have any chairs to sit whereas we noticed other balconies had at least one chair, if not two. The small T.V. in our bedroom did not work! The walls were thin and we could not fall asleep because we could hear people partying (laughing, screaming, and loud music) and doors slamming throughout the hotel. We were surprised that there was no noise ordinance - and if there was, it was not being enforced. The vanity light in the exposed sink area was motion-sensored so everytime one of us would get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom the whole room would light up! Why couldn't they have installed a normal switch light instead? It became rather annoying to be awoken in the middle of the night from such a bright light shining on us. We tried to create a makeshift cover but it didn't stay put. Frustrating! The couches in our room were filthy - stains galore! And the floor near the elevator had spilled food that sat for four days. It was disgusting! I used the fitness center - which was mediocre at best with only cardio equipment and no weights. I used the treadmill the first morning we were there, and when I went back to use it a few days later the other guests told me it was broken! Overall, we had a very negative experience which was surprising to us. From the pictures on the website the hotel looked new, modern, and clean but we found it to be quite the opposite upon our arrival and for the duration of our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank hll2
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had a convention to go to at the Anaheim Convention center and this looked like a good place to stay. It was only 15 minutes away from the convention and convenient to all of the major highways in OC.

I checked in very late at night...the clerk at the front desk was efficient, prompt and extremely courteous in getting me to my room. I was really impressed with how big the room was and the amount of space to spread out. The room was very clean, the aircon was great and the internet work perfectly. The only complaint was the lighting. I think they had these motion sensor lights or something...it was confusing to use and a bit of a hassle, but not a huge issue.

I was really blown away by the breakfast. I've stayed at a lot of Hyatt Houses...the breakfast is the same lukewarm sandwiches, overcooked oatmeal and yucky fruit. This place was the opposite. Everything was fresh and a huge variety, great local salsa, as well as miso soup with rice. Awesome!

Bed was wonderful, shower worked great, the work out room was good ( hey you are in Cali...go OUTSIDE for a run!!) Overall, all the amenities were there. This is a nice choice for a hotel. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night. I was with my husband and two kids, ages 3 1/2 yrs. and 15 months. This is a great hotel for families because the room came with a kitchen plus free breakfast! I also loved the fact that parking was free. We stayed here after a day at Disneyland, which is just a shirt 15 minute drive from hotel. And i thought the rate for the room was pretty good. Now the cons: 1)the carpet had many stains in it. There were even 2 burn spots near the bar stools/counter top area about the size of a donut each. 2)The kitchen appliances can definitely use some updating. 3)The bathroom sink had some permanent stains that looked like blood. 4)The bathtub/toilet area needs major renovation. The tiles on the floor were cracked, the grout all over was brown. The tub's faucet kept leaking water. The tub itself was discolored around the drain area. We had to remove the the drain plug completely to let the water drain.

I really hope Hyatt has plans for renovations for this place because then I can really recommend this place to people. I've stayed at other Hyatt hotels (Hyatt Orange County near Disneyland and the Grand Manchester Hyatt in San Diego) and this hotel is not even close to these two's standards.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank devilegs
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

This place had one if the best breakfast provider hotel I have ever been. Free parking place. Very clean rooms and kitchen area. Quite.
This place has even a good size pool and hot tub.
If you are with your family and planing to stay nice place with cooking facilities, this place is really good.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Drtolga
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress
Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County
Hyatt House at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress
Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove
Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove
#1 of 19 in Garden Grove

Been to HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim? Share your experiences!