“Great staff, comfortable rooms, super breakfast”

HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had a convention to go to at the Anaheim Convention center and this looked like a good place to stay. It was only 15 minutes away from the convention and convenient to all of the major highways in OC.

I checked in very late at night...the clerk at the front desk was efficient, prompt and extremely courteous in getting me to my room. I was really impressed with how big the room was and the amount of space to spread out. The room was very clean, the aircon was great and the internet work perfectly. The only complaint was the lighting. I think they had these motion sensor lights or something...it was confusing to use and a bit of a hassle, but not a huge issue.

I was really blown away by the breakfast. I've stayed at a lot of Hyatt Houses...the breakfast is the same lukewarm sandwiches, overcooked oatmeal and yucky fruit. This place was the opposite. Everything was fresh and a huge variety, great local salsa, as well as miso soup with rice. Awesome!

Bed was wonderful, shower worked great, the work out room was good ( hey you are in Cali...go OUTSIDE for a run!!) Overall, all the amenities were there. This is a nice choice for a hotel. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night. I was with my husband and two kids, ages 3 1/2 yrs. and 15 months. This is a great hotel for families because the room came with a kitchen plus free breakfast! I also loved the fact that parking was free. We stayed here after a day at Disneyland, which is just a shirt 15 minute drive from hotel. And i thought the rate for the room was pretty good. Now the cons: 1)the carpet had many stains in it. There were even 2 burn spots near the bar stools/counter top area about the size of a donut each. 2)The kitchen appliances can definitely use some updating. 3)The bathroom sink had some permanent stains that looked like blood. 4)The bathtub/toilet area needs major renovation. The tiles on the floor were cracked, the grout all over was brown. The tub's faucet kept leaking water. The tub itself was discolored around the drain area. We had to remove the the drain plug completely to let the water drain.

I really hope Hyatt has plans for renovations for this place because then I can really recommend this place to people. I've stayed at other Hyatt hotels (Hyatt Orange County near Disneyland and the Grand Manchester Hyatt in San Diego) and this hotel is not even close to these two's standards.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank devilegs
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

This place had one if the best breakfast provider hotel I have ever been. Free parking place. Very clean rooms and kitchen area. Quite.
This place has even a good size pool and hot tub.
If you are with your family and planing to stay nice place with cooking facilities, this place is really good.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Drtolga
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hyatt bought up this former Woodfin Suites and has completed the initial re-branding to turn it into a Hyatt House. As a former Woodfin property, the room configuration is different from other Hyatt Houses which were part of the Summerfield Suites chain. However, there's the familiar Hyatt Grand beds and other nice Hyatt touches like the 24-hour fitness center, Portico toiletries, Aquafresh toothpaste and Wall Street Journals in addition to USA Today. There's also standard extended stay amenities like free American breakfast, sofa-beds, kitchens and free wifi and clean, comfortable rooms.

We enjoyed several nice touches that made this property stand out:

-- Breakfast includes Japanese items (miso soup, rice, umeboshi, etc) because the hotel is right round the corner from Mitsubishi and Honda office buildings.

-- The outdoor pool and patio was very inviting

-- Three televisions at the breakfast lounge set to Close Captioning for peace and quiet in the morning. But the breakfast lounge can be turned into a Man Cave for Sunday Night Football upon request.

-- Our daughter's favorite restaurant (El Pollo Loco) was just one block away.

The hotel will start renovations that will complete the full transformation to a Hyatt House. I hope they fix the faucet design for the bathtub/shower. It's one of these one-handle models where it's impossible to get the temperature right (see photo). One mm to the left and it's too cold. One mm to the right and it's scalding hot. I had to fiddle with the knob for 3 minutes before getting my Goldilocks shower right.

Other than the shower design, the hotel worked very well for our visit. It was a short (but very non-scenic) 15 minute drive to Disneyland and the extra room and separate bedroom for the kids was very welcome.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ALTippet
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed over Labor Day weekend and found it to be exactly what I was looking for - small kitchenette - toaster, sink, microwave, and refrigerator, and a little counter-top that wasn't reserved as part of the bathroom sink, but stand alone. It's less than 10 minutes from Anaheim, and easily accessible to the highways. Free hot breakfast, and as a vegetarian, I was able to find enough to keep me full :) Also was able to get ice for the cooler as well. Found the room very clean and safe. Plenty of parking around the building. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The inner rooms have the full kitchens.. I chose a room with a view, which were office buildings and...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed here with my wife and son from 19th July to 23rd July Thiis was our second time here(See my review August 2009 and Photographs) I booked quite a long time in advance directly through the Hotel. Alex took my booking and I mentioned to him that I would like the same pool view room He said He would do his best. When we arrived the same room was waiting for us. Full marks Alex you were great . This place was perfect for our needs. nice and peaceful. The pool was never crowded. The lines for breakfast were not too long, It was a pleasure to take our food outsidfe in the Garden or by the Pool. The 2 Bed room with full Kitchen was great. We hired a car, and from the Hotel all the attractions of Socal were within easy reach eg. Disney, The Beaches of Newport and Huntington and easy Freeway access when going to L,A, etc all in all a great stay. would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ManchesterJeterfan
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Nicely decorated and clean. The overnight stay was quiet, no problems of any kind. Area looks newer with Chilis and Wendy's at the corner. Majority of this area was business buildings, but very clean and safe feeling. I would feel very comfortable booking this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies, our was very small with a small table no chairs
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank terrynkathy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress
#2 of 19 in Buena Park
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
#2 of 3 in Seal Beach

Been to HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim? Share your experiences!