“Another excellent stay at the hyatt house”

HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Manchester
“Another excellent stay at the hyatt house”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed here with my wife and son from 19th July to 23rd July Thiis was our second time here(See my review August 2009 and Photographs) I booked quite a long time in advance directly through the Hotel. Alex took my booking and I mentioned to him that I would like the same pool view room He said He would do his best. When we arrived the same room was waiting for us. Full marks Alex you were great . This place was perfect for our needs. nice and peaceful. The pool was never crowded. The lines for breakfast were not too long, It was a pleasure to take our food outsidfe in the Garden or by the Pool. The 2 Bed room with full Kitchen was great. We hired a car, and from the Hotel all the attractions of Socal were within easy reach eg. Disney, The Beaches of Newport and Huntington and easy Freeway access when going to L,A, etc all in all a great stay. would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ManchesterJeterfan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mismaloya, Mexico
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Nicely decorated and clean. The overnight stay was quiet, no problems of any kind. Area looks newer with Chilis and Wendy's at the corner. Majority of this area was business buildings, but very clean and safe feeling. I would feel very comfortable booking this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies, our was very small with a small table no chairs
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank terrynkathy
Las Vegas, Nevada - USA
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The following is a very detailed review of the Hyatt Hotel in Cypress.

Our party had two rooms we purchased through Hotwire – Room #348 and Room #351 and stayed two nights at the property. The exterior of the hotel is gorgeous, and the landscaping is well manicured. There is ample parking and there are 5 card key entrances to the hotel which makes it convenient for guests. The hotel has a courtyard area which is nice, and the pool and spa is on one side – not in the center of the courtyard.

Our rooms were regular rooms and not kitchen suites. Room #348 had a very small balcony facing the parking and a desk/bureau combo, where as our room (facing the courtyard) did not have a balcony. The regular rooms are very small, and there is a locked closed that seems to serve as the rooms individual air conditioning/heating unit. The door to the bathroom opens to the hallway in front of the closet and it is very tight in that area for moving around.

Rooms have adjoining doors, and some of the kitchen suites can be opened to the smaller rooms like the one we had. You will see that the hotel uses the multi-purpose configuration with the conference room off of the lobby, in the restaurant area, and in the pool and spa area.

There is no refrigerator in the regular rooms, which is disappointing. There is a small coffee maker and flat screen TV. The bathroom has nice toiletries including Aqua Fresh Toothpaste, and a nice 1875 watt hair dryer that is not a wall unit. There is motion detector lighting in the entrance hallway and in the bathroom. The tub area has a shower curtain extender to move it farther away from your body when showering, and I appreciate the retractable clothes line, exhaust fan and heating lamp in the bathroom as well.

In the room there is a letter dated December, 2011, that states that room was recently purchased by Hyatt and that renovations are in place (hotel is formerly the Woodfin). I believe the renovations will update the facility, however, that will not increase the size of the rooms (I do not see how the room can be reconfigured in a cost efficient way). The room size is our number one complaint – just felt cramp in every way. Second wish would have been for a refrigerator.

The breakfast was excellent and includes eggs, sausage, French toast, potatoes, rice, an Asian item with “toppings,” fresh fruit, bagels, toast, muffins, oatmeal, whole fruit, and yogurt. There is also orange, apple, and vegetable juice along with water, coffee and tea.

Ice machines are not on the property, but instead, you must get ice from the front desk.

With regard to the workout room, there is no water available. There are large towels in the room, but those seem to be more for the pool and spa area (as the pool and spa are connected to the workout room). There is one elliptical machine, one stationary bicycle, and one treadmill. There are no free weights in the workout room, and there is a bench for stretching.

The WiFi worked easily on my computer – the front desk will give you a 5 digit code for access.

For the price, I felt this hotel was an excellent bargain. However, if I had to stay more than two days in the cramped room, I would be disappointed.

Room Tip: As for a newly remodeled room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank VegasBling
illinois
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My children and I spent 5 nights at the Cypress Hampton Inn. My daughter uses a wheelchair and the room was very spacious and the bathroom had a sturdy shower bench. No complaints at all. The place was clean, the staff friendly, the area safe. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night after a trip to Disneyland. We booked the hotel through hotwire so it was really cheap, less than £50 for the night. We arrived quite late so didn't spend much time in the hotel. The bed was humongous and the bathroom was well equipped with toothpaste, shampoo, body lotion and a sunglasses case! They call the rooms a suite, but it was only a room and wasn't that big, but that didn't matter to us! Breakfast was nice with a good selection of hot food, cereal, pancakes, fruit etc. We would certainly stay here again if we were in the area and would recommend it as a great place to stay for resting your head after a day out and about!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank magnumgold
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I reserved this hotel on line through a third party I use heavily. It is a nice hotel that is a mix of large suite like rooms and adjoining sleeping rooms. With the average price I paid I was given a king size bed in a bedroom. While it was nice it was also small with no work desk, fridge or microwave that comes with the other style rooms. If you make a reservation here I would suggest upgrading to the larger rooms. The breakfast was very nice with hot and cold items served in a comfortable community room with attached patio. I seemed that most of the guests were business travelers such as myself.

Room Tip: Upgrade to full size room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
El Dorado Hills, CA
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed here last July as it was being converted & I swore I would never be back. This trip, we needed to stay somewhere for one night before moving closer to Disneyland so we're back. This time it was MUCH BETTER. The room we were in was a little different (it had a small kitchenette instead of a full kitchen). We chose a king bed with a sofa hide-a-bed- in the living room area. Nice linens, kitchen table a plus, microwave, mini-fridge, coffee pot. NO OUTLETS though, so I travel with my own power strip to fix that problem. Breakfast was big with eggs, sausage, pancakes, fruit, juices, coffee. We might try it again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank menicksmom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress
Hyatt House at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center

Been to HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim? Share your experiences!