“Best kept secret!”

HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Had a great weekend. Not only did we visit Mickey near by but relaxed at a nice hotel. Had small kids and the Suite worked out great. We had enough room where we didn't fell like we were on top of each other. It was clean and breakfast was great. Near by resturants and fast food made things easy too.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
CypressMgrCypress_CA, Front Office Manager at HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2011

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at the Woodfin Hotel in Cypress. Our spacious suites are ideal for guests like you traveling with families. Our location and various nearby restaurants are a big advantage with guests traveling with out cars or for just a quick bite to eat. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and look forward to seeing you in the future. -Maribel Munoz- Asst. General Manager

Reviewed April 5, 2011

We live in Cypress but we're having work done on our home so we needed a place to stay for 5 nights that provided the amenities of home. I am so glad we chose this hotel! We had a sutie with 2 double beds and the sofa pulled out into a bed, which was perfect. Our internet was excellent as we used our laptop and my daughter used her Ipod Touch. The morning breakfast buffet was excellent and served different food each day. The room was very clean and quiet and the staff was excellent! We had a great experience and I just found out they have a property in San Diego, which I will use when we take our trip to Sea World. I HIGHLY recommend this hotelto anyone staying in the Cypress/Los Alamitos area.

Room Tip: They are cheaper on the weekends...go figure!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank OCTeacher_sdc
Reviewed March 24, 2011

This was our first stay here and planned a Disney day and Hollywood tour day for 4 adults and 3 kids. We were pleasantly surprised at the great location this was located - nice, quiet and close to several other amenities. The suites were clean and spacious(we had 2 bedrooms - 1 with 2 queens the other had 1 king, each with their own bathroom - center room was the living area with pullout sofa and kitchen), we noticed a dripping sound from one of the AC units and it was fixed immediately. Breakfast was great - there was enough variety for everyone to find something. However, they did continuously run out of hot food and folks had to stand in line - they need better preparation on that end. Beds - don't expect Hilton comfort beds..on the hard side. But overall we enjoyed our stay and you can't beat the value. We would definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2011

You will read a lot of glowing reviews here, but my experience certainly wasn't a good one. I booked the reservation through Hotwire, which will make me think twice before doing that again in the Cypress/Anaheim area. With a two night reservation through Hotwire, you can't simply walk out and go to another hotel. You are STUCK.

Upon returning at the end of the first day my room was very hot and turning on the air conditioner resulted in a fan about the noise level of a 747 - one speed - HIGH, blowing semi-hot air. They sent maintenance up right away and he informed me the room needed a new thermostat. (first time this has come up in this room?) They said they would move me to another room for that night, fix it in the morning but then have to move me back. I said that would have to do but then they never called back.

They replaced the thermostat the next day, but with one that only HAD one speed - high! Fortunately, the noise came in handy that night as the hotel was full of cheerleaders (literally practicing cheers in the lobby.) They simply stayed up all night screaming and slamming doors. The 747 air conditioner has useful then for drowning out the pandemonium.

So, although nearly everyone says they enjoyed their stay, I'd leave your options open. And be careful of Hotwire in the Cypress/Anaheim area. You could get stuck here.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2011

We were xtremely happy with our suite. We had a room with a king bed and TV and bathroom.In the middle was a living room with a pullout couch TV, and full kitchen with dish washer and a fridge with an ice maker. On the other side was a room with 2 double beds TV and its own bathroom. The breakfast was hot and good. The pool was warm,the kids loved that.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Stayed here just for one night as part of the package for a friend's wedding in Garden Grove. They gave it to us for 99/night as part of the wedding package. The room is a steal for that price. This all suite hotel has enough space to comfortably house a family of four, especially with the bed room and the living room separated by double doors. The bathroom is off the bedroom though. The kitchenette was fully equipped with appliances (including a full size fridge) and dishes. Loved the decor as well, tastefully done in creams and beiges. Soft mattress and adequate bedding for the pull out couch.
Within 2 miles of the hotel is a movie theater, major golf course, and several eateries. It seems like Cypress is a very nice, quiet community. The front desk staff was very helpful, I forgot a few items in the room after we checked out. I called them and they called me back within 15 minutes to tell me they had secured it and it would be at the front desk waiting for me. They were very knowledgeable about things to do in the area as well.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I stayed for my business.
The room was really comfortable and wide enough you can relax . The kitchenette was also good and had enough dishes, a microwave, a coffee maker.
Breakfast buffet was available, and there are Japanese foods, and it is very good for Japanese guests.
The stuffs were friendly and kind. Wireless LAN was available, but not free.
The hotel is very good for business especially Japanese, and very good for family.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress
Hyatt Regency Orange County
Hyatt Regency Orange County
#3 of 19 in Garden Grove
Residence Inn Cypress Los Alamitos

Been to HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim? Share your experiences!