“Same as other reviews - nice lobby. rooms need an update”

Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Montreal, Canada
“Same as other reviews - nice lobby. rooms need an update”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I will not harp on the rooms as I understand renovation began in October a mere few weeks after my visit. This hotel was very well located close to where I was conducting business so proximity was an important factor. The room was OK but need refurbishment. I would think that once the renovations are complete and if prices remain competitive, this will be a good choice.

Room Tip: Anyone that's been renovated!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so sorry you were not able to experience one of our newly renovated sleeping rooms. The project will be completed in the next few weeks. Unfortunately you stayed with us before we had completed a floor or two. At this point we are about 80% done and we have had nothing but rave reviews!! Please contact me if you have another trip to the area planned.
Sally 714 484-2502

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
San Bruno, CA
Reviewed November 26, 2013

So far, so good...after eight hours on the road, we were greeted with a smiling face - a very bright, happy smile. That means a lot to an exhausted family of five. The front desk clerk Ruta assigned us to one of the newly-renovated rooms on the 7th floor without being asked.

The room smells of new wood, and is clean.

Will update this review after our stay...but really looking forward to a relaxing stay while we enjoy Disneyland during the day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CampingLovers5
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for the the great review. We are very excited about our new room renovation and have enjoyed hearing the wonderful comments. Ruta will be made aware of your comment. She is our Evening Manager and we are very proud of her!!
Tortola
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I occupied one of rooms the 6th floor, the staff at Marriot was exceptional and very helpful, luxurious hotel, money was well spent, great location, the welcome was great, I enjoy the great service Sammy really gave me the assistance that I needed. I will recommend this hotel to any one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review about our newly renovated sleeping rooms here at the Courtyard by Marriott in Cypress. We are very excited to show off these rooms to our guests. We will definitely share your great comments with our staff!
Hugo, Minnesota
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My room on the 6th floor is the nicest Courtyard room I have ever stayed in. Travelling for business, I stay at many Courtyards! The rooms are freshly remodeled and are very clean, new and nice. The welcome was great too...they give you a cute treat that is specialized with your own name printed in the item. A very special touch. While checking in, Sammy Toa was so friendly and took extra time explaining the ammenitites and making me feel at home. I will definitely be back! Thank you!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
This is so exciting- a compliment on our newly renovated sleeping room!! Thank you so much- we are very excited that the completion is near and we will soon have the opportunity to show off these new rooms to all of our guests here at the Courtyard by Marriott Cypress. The addition of the microwaves and refrigerators will really be a plus. I will make sure that our staff gets a copy of your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write us and recognizing our wonderful employees!!
Los Alamitos, California
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I enjoy staying at Marriot properties.
Sammy Toa, always, always goes out of her way to make me feel special.
And, it is not just me.
I have observed Sammie spreading her warmth and smile to everyone she comes in contact with.
Every employer wishes they had staff as wonderful as Sammy.
She has earned and deserves a financial raise, public/peer appreciation and recognized for her stellar performance, time after time.
Good job Sammie!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for recognizing our "Star" Sammy Toa here at the Courtyard by Marriott Cypress! We realize how fortunate we are to have an employee like her and get many, many compliments!! This will go into her folder and we will definitely share your comments. She will be very pleased .
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My family and I frequent this site as we live in the Bakersfield area but have season passes to Disneyland and use this site as "home" when visiting. I have a wife and 2 young children (3 & 5) and every time we stay here the staff makes us feel like we are at our own home. We always see the same familiar faces but the best is seeing Sammy Toa an employee at your front desk. She always makes our stay as comfortable and convenient as possible with the best hospitality you can expect in a hotel. We are planning many trips in the future to Disneyland and as long as you continue to have service like we’ve experienced the Courtyard by Marriott in Cypress will be our home away from home.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for posting your great review. Here at the Courtyard by Marriott Cypress we are so proud of our staff and Sammy Toa is a "star" We will definitely recognize her for her outstanding service. We hope you and your family return soon to see our newly renovated sleeping rooms!!
NY
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband I stayed at this hotel for the second time. It is not a five star hotel but we enjoy the convenience of the 5 minute walk to Disneyland. The pool and spa are nice. We rarely took advantage of the happy hour they had nightly. The bed was firm and surprisingly comfortable but the shower wasn't as luxurious as expected. The tub was fairly clean....and the bathroom lighting over the mirrors were fairly bright. I would recommend this hotel for the parking convenience, the friendly staff, and the convenient location to Disney.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank misstallahasseeusa
Thank you for your response and so glad you enjoyed your stay!! Hope you can return in the future and experience our newly renovated sleeping rooms!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
#1 of 3 in Seal Beach
Best Host Inn
Best Host Inn
#1 of 18 in Buena Park

Been to Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County? Share your experiences!