“Great value and location”

Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Austin, Texas
“Great value and location”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed here for business at the last minute since it was convenient for visiting a customer after trying the Hyatt House around the corner (see my review about that fiasco).

I was able to get the last King room for a AAA rate of $107/night and like most other Courtyards, it has the bistro and typical new Courtyard lobby. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable.

The staff were friendly and helpful and it was overall a pleasant stay.

There are plenty of restaurants in the area and some are within walking distance. The El Torito is very close if you want mediocre Mexican food with mediocre service.

I will return next time visiting the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank The_Traveler_2013
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. Lucky for us that we awere able to accomodate you during a sold out week. We are looking forward to showing off our renovated sleeping rooms beginning October 1st. We will have refirigerators and microwaves in all of our rooms. Please contact me if you will be returning soon. We will be working on one floor at a time so we will be able to show off our new sleeping rooms and I want to make sure you are one of the first if you are here in October. Thank you for the business- we really appreciate it!! Sally 714 484 2502

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Santa Cruz, CA
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed here for a three day weekend to attend a wedding. My wife and I stayed I one room and our two daughters w/families stayed in individual rooms. Each daughter has three kids. Two 4 year olds and a 3 year old in one room. The kids trashed the room everyday and the staff cleaned it up each day. Excellent house cleaning. There were lots of kids staying this weekend. Baseball teams, soccer teams, and boating teams. The hallways got noisy but our room was surprisingly quiet. The pool was full but the kids loved it.

We did not eat at the hotel. The breakfast and lunch menus were limited but lots of great places very nearby. The hotel provided a shuttle to the wedding which was a big plus. I would stay again as long as the price was still competitive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank demozeleski
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We read your comments to the staff and we really got a kick out of your statement- "The kids trashed the room everyday and the staff cleaned it up" You obviously, enjoyed your stay and you are right, it was a weekend with a lot of sports teams etc in - nice to hear your kids fit right in to the fun and frolics!!
You mentioned that your room had a small refrigerator and a microwave- the good news is all of our rooms will have those items soon because we are about to have all of our sleeping rooms renovated this fall!! We hope to see you and your family again- Thank you for staying with us.
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Cypress with our 10U and 12U Softball teams. My family had a single bedroom with foldout couch. The bed was plenty comfortable and the foldout was good enough for the kiddos. The rooms were clean and adequate sized. We had a small kitchenette with a microwave, sink and fridge. We thoroughly enjoyed chilling our water for the day's activities in our mini fridge. All the families enjoyed the breakfast before our games which gave the girls the needed nutrition before hitting the fields. On a couple of occasions I asked for additional towels (poolside and in the workout room) in both cases, the staff brought them to me within minutes. The staff was extra friendly and offered additional services after completing each previous request. On the eve of our checkout they called my room to see how my stay was and there was anything else they could do to make my stay more enjoyable. Nice Touch. I recommend this hotel for sport events and business travels.

Room Tip: Ask for the 7th floor facing east. You might get to see Disneyland Fireworks at night.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Neil P
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here at the Courtyard. We have a lot of sports teams stay with us throughout the year and they do tend to enjoy the room type you had chosen which is our suite with the rooms divided by a French door. We hope to see you again for your next tournament!! Again, thank you for writing us-
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The lobby has been refreshed (with the exception of the restaurant/bistro area). The rest of the property is about due. I wouldn't stay at full price but visiting a local customer and their negotiated discount was acceptable. Staff pleasant and helpful. No courtesy van to airport. An average property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for your response. We take great pride in our recent renovation featuring the Courtyard by Marriott Refreshing Business Concept which also included the new Bistro serving freshly made, healthier choices. It is one of our most popular additions to our lobby. We are very excited that the renovation of our sleeping rooms is slated to take place in the next several months and at that time we will have a completely renovated hotel. Hopefully, if visiting your local company again you will stay with us and see our progress. Our shuttle is available for transportation to and from local businesses within a five mile radius.
Oceanside, California
Reviewed June 17, 2013

On a whim we decided to take a weekend and go to Disneyland. I read over several reviews of hotels in the area and decided that a little drive was better than paying double (or more) for a room that was walking distance from the park. The staff here was very friendly and informative. They even called our room after check to be sure that it was acceptable. We have stayed here a couple of times now and it will always be my first choice when in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience in this forum and making us your first choice. You are right, our rates are much more reasonable than most of the Anaheim/Disneyland hotels, especially this time of year. We also offer complimentary parking and being only seven miles away makes us a very popular choice for guests visiting not only Disneyland but Knott's Berry Farm less than four miles away. Again, thank you for your comments!
consum1
Reviewed June 5, 2013

As a platnium member of Marriott, I have stayed in many Courtyards and other brands of Marriott but I have never seen any bed bugs. I actually saw and killed a couple then put one in a plastic bag alive so that the front desk could see it. They sent me to another local Hotel and refunded my money but I am really getting concerned with the Marriott brand and how some of it's hotels across the country are not, by any means, living up to what the Marriott brand use to stand for. SCARY!

Room Tip: I believe visible bed bugs speaks for itself.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We would like to apologize for your experience here at our hotel. I am glad that we at least were able to send you to the Residence Inn right down the street. After you left we had the room inspected and then reinspected and on both occasions the inspectors were unable to find any insects. We continue to monitor the room and check for bugs but so far we have been bug free.
Illinois
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We called the Courtyard about midnight, the place we had planned to stay was too dirty and horrible. My husband had to work the next morning and they let us check in at 8am. We were greeted with respect, concern for our travel problem and all staff were polite and nice.
The breakfast and lounge areas are quiet and comfortable. You can relax, the food served is good, there is a market store to get anything you need. The staff asked how I was doing each day, a very caring attitude. Clean and quiet. Thank you for coming to our help and Thanks again.

Room Tip: The king suite with separate living room gives good space. Very comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review. It is good to hear that our staff took good care of you and that we were able to get you that early check-in. We take pride in our hotel and our employees.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress
Residence Inn Cypress Los Alamitos
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
#2 of 3 in Seal Beach
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center

Been to Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County? Share your experiences!