“Decent Hotel but good location”

Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Let me start by saying the hotel was very clean and updated. The style was definitely modern. The hotel staff was very good. However, I didn't like the room sizes. The pool definitely needs to be cleaned up and updated. And I was underwhelmed with how they handled breakfast for our large group. For the money it is okay but I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. Because you traveled with a team, you might have been use to staying in a suite property with larger rooms. We do our best to accommodate families visiting us and work diligently to put them in one of our three room types that make the best fit. Unfortunately on these big tournaments weekends, it is a little more difficult because everyone is looking for the most spacious room available. Our pool is very well maintained however, at times on sports team weekends, it is very busy and sometimes difficult to keep up. Please contact me, I am interested in knowing what happened with your team breakfast. This is something that is generally very popular with our hotel. 714 827-1010. Thank you again for your comments.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The hotel was fine - clean, comfortable, quiet, with the expected amenities. The outstanding thing for us was the staff. They were attentive, helpful, friendly. Special kudos to Eduardo F. and housekeeping. I managed to leave my tablet in my room. Housekeeping turned it in to the desk, and Eduardo called the next morning to let me know they had it. As we live several states away, he FedEx'd it right away and I got it back in good condition. Not every hotel staff would have been so honest and prompt in returning an expensive piece of gear like that. Thanks, Eduardo!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank John W
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We strive to make our guests feel at home and obviously we have succeeded with you. I am thinking you might have been here on our trivia night. We are getting ready to feature our new Spring Items in the Bistro that I am sure you will enjoy and yes, you are correct, there are quite a few restaurants within walking distance and quite a variety!! Thank you again.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The staff are all really pleasant and helpful. The Bistro is good but you quickly go through the menu. Fortunately there are lots of good places to eat locally. If there is a problem they do their best to sort it quickly. You have to get up early in the morning to get a machine in the gym. We had a quiz night which was great to meet the back room staff (including Sally). I stay here a lot and I always get a friendly greeting. When I get back after a days work it feels homely and welcoming. I enjoy coming back.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your response and for being such a loyal guest by traveling so far to stay with us! You are right, we have a nice Bistro as well as many local restaurants to choose from. You were here on our Trivia night which will be hosting again on the 21st. Hope to see you soon and safe travels.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I wanted to take a moment to express how grateful I am to the staff and management at this location. I stay at this same hotel every time I am in the LA area. However, this trip was a little unique because I rented a car that has apparently run out of gas once I arrived back to the hotel. Well, to make a long story short...I had about two hours to get across town and no gas in my rental car. The staff and on duty manager, Silena Munoz, went out of their way to located a gas can for me. The nearest gasoline was a few blocks away, but since I was pressed for time...Ms. Munoz drove me to the station to get gas! She saved the day...

It is because of people like Silena and her staff that customer service has a good name, when it comes to the name Marriott. I will continue to stay at Courtyards all over the US...I am a customer for life!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for writing your comments in TripAdvisor! Our Front Office Manager, Silena is one of our many stars here at the hotel and she tends to go that extra mile for our guests to ensure their stay is comfortable and hassel free. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed at this particular Courtyard while waiting for our Carnival cruise out of Long Beach, and it was clean, quiet, and the front desk was particularly helpful. If you ask for a room facing east you can see the Disney fireworks without the hassle of Disney crowds. The only complaints was lack of a free (even continental) breakfast, and smallish rooms. Other than that, a nice stay on busy Katella Avenue.

Room Tip: East facing upper floor rooms = Disney fireworks.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind comments and hope you enjoyed your cruise!!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I visited the city and this hotel manages to find enough comfort, thanks to its excellent location close to all the sites and attractions. I thank all staff for their kindness at all times. Sure to visit again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the great review. We always appreciate our guests taking the time to send us feedback. Hopefully you will have the chance to visit us again and enjoy our new Bistro for Breakfast and Dinner where we also proudly serve Starbucks. Our lobby Go Board also points out several restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. Again, thank you for your wonderful comments!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

When we first arrived the staff helped us get a suite and then let us good inspect the room to see if it would be suitable. Afterward they recommend that we take advantage of the weekend rate which we were not aware of.

Later that night when we returned to the hotel and they were out of a product that I wanted. The staff took the time to check in the storage and could not find the product. About 30 minutes later they came to my room and they had gone to a store a bought the product and brought it to me. I thought this is exemplary service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your comments. Our staff takes great pride in going that extra mile for our guests. Hope to see you here again!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress
Residence Inn Cypress Los Alamitos
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
#2 of 3 in Seal Beach
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center

Been to Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County? Share your experiences!