“Tony Falce”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Garden Grove, California
“Tony Falce”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have had my share of hotels over the last three years and the Marriott Cypress is by far heads above the other hotels in Southern California. Great and friendly staff, above average rooms (clean and bed comfortable) and food choice is good.

Room Tip: Higher floors on the east side, has the view of the nightly fireworks from Disneyland.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I have shared your comments with our management team who will in turn, pass them on to our staff. I do recognize your name and thank you for staying with us,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Poor AC, mediocre breakfast (lack of selection) but decent price. I'd check around first. If it weren't that my employer set up the stay I would not be coming back.

However, the staff is excellent, especially the desk staff. I feel that they almost make up for the rest.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed here for a family trip to the area, Disneyland, Baseball games, Universal Studios, and Huntington Beach. The room was older (sparkle ceilings and very low in bathroom) I would say OK as far as clean goes. But the beds were comfortable, and staff was great. Close to all the attractions we were visiting and for the price the room was I am sure more comfortable and possibly nicer than those "busier" hotels closer to Disney. Although you don't get a free breakfast here like most of those. But WiFi and parking are free and we felt safe here at all times. We could be a little spoiled and liking newer hotels, but as I said for the price it wasn't bad I would call it average to good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your comments are very valuable to us. We had just completed out major Lobby and Meeting Room renovation late last year. We understand it is time to complete the renovation!! We hope you can return to experience the changes 2013..
Kent, Washington, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at this hotel several times over the past 2 months for business. The experience has been excellent. The strongest feature of this hotel are the fanatastic staff. The people at this facility are very caring, make you feel at home and always respond quickly to any requests. The lobby is recently remodeled in the Courtyard fashion, but the larger floor space make this much more comfortable. The rooms I have had are comfortable and the beds provide an excellent nights sleep.
For a hotel, the food is excellent. So much so that I have had people comment on it to me in the elevator.
Overall, a very enjoyable experience and I have been traveling on busines for 32 years.

Room Tip: Call ahead. This hotel fills quickly.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We always look forward to hearing from our guests. We hope you are able to visit us again soon.
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Spent 4 nights in this dump. I can testify that the smell another reviewer spoke about is real. Stayed in Room 315 and the place is very musty.

Noticed a spider crawling around on my pillow the first night, which prompted me to look up at the fire sprinkler on the wall above the bed. It clearly hasn't been cleaned in many years! I know these are sensitive devices, but come on! You can at least run a duster over it once every year or so.

Tried to place an out-going call, inadvertently dialed an incorrect number, so hung up and tried again. Phone had a busy signal....

I thought that was odd, so I waited a few minutes, but still busy. Unplugged the phone (which looks and smells like it came form 1970, by the way) but still got the busy signal. Since I was unable to dial the front desk I went down to inform them. They sent a very friendly young fellow up right away (this was around 10PM) but he was as baffled as I was.

I told him not to worry about as I wanted to get to bed. Next morning the problem was still there. I went away for the day and upon my return at 5:00PM the thing was still busy. Went back to the Front Desk and was told someone would be right up. 2 hours later I was still waiting, so left to go for dinner.

One of the towels I was provided had what appeared to be a dried up blood stain on it. The coffee maker did not work and, in fact, shorted out when I tried to place coffee in it.

Called "room service" on the first day around 3:00PM. No answer. Not even a voice message to let me know they were closed.

Front Desk staff are exceptionally unhelpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DisSatisfied561
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review . We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better. I wanted to share with you what we have have done to address your issues.

We were in the process of having all of our room carpets cleaned which is what caused the musty smell. We went back into your room and rewashed the carpet and dried it properly this time. In addition, we have fixed the telephone and replaced the coffee maker. Our Management team has discussed the towel situation with our housekeeping department which should resolve that issue also.

Again, please accept our apologies.
Turlock, California
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I can't say enough about Gary Liss and Justin (didn't get his last name). I was in town and ran into a situation, I went to the Hotel and they went over and beyound for me and my daughter! They were so kind and understanding and gave me a great rate for the night! Justin did what he could and helped us in a time of need. Gary all I can say is "wow" he made us feel at home, he knew we were leaving for Universal Studio's the next morning and he gave us fruit to take with us. He came around and said hello in the morning while we were eating breakfest and ask us how our stay was and if we needed anything else to let him know. I was 5 hours away from home and they both made me feel like we were apart of their family. I have told everyone this story and my daughter wants to go back just to see them again. Such amazing character they had!! And the rooms were prefect aswell. Thank you for everything we will never forget you guys!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Gary Liss is our General Manager and Justin Parga is our Front Desk Supervisor. They do go out of their way to ensure that our guests have a comfortable stay. We do hope to see you and your daughter here again in the future!
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I'm not one to complain... but seeing as I work in the hospitality industry I thought sharing my experience would help travelers. The first problem we experience was the smell... very musty similar to old water in our room... then we found a semi patched water leak over the sofa on the ceiling with the wall paper peeling off... Our top sheet had a stain on it so we pulled it off and went for the extra fleece blanket in our "bed in a bag" found in the closet... before I could even unzip the bag I noticed a big long black hair on it, so we went down to the front desk and requested a new blanket be sent up and let the front desk supervisor know what we had found... she apologized for the yucky inconvenience.... when the new blanket was sent up we had unfolded it to find even MORE hair than the first blanket... after being absolutely disgusted in our room we slept horrible and did not want to even be there because we weren't sure what else we were going to find.. I don't understand why the cleanliness was this aweful. Part of me thinks that it was because we had a discounted rate that we received the service/quality that we did...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tristen C
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Please accept my apology for what you experienced at our hotel last week. I am very concerned about the condition of your room amd would like the opportunity tomake sure the problems have been addressed. This is definitely not a normal circumstance at our hotel and unfortunately, because these comments are anonymous, I am unable to track this without a room number. Please contact me at your convenience. Thank you - Sally Brayton 714 827-1010.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress
Residence Inn Cypress Los Alamitos
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
#2 of 3 in Seal Beach

Been to Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County? Share your experiences!