“Great Property for a nice Stay”

Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I visit this Hotel whenever I go to the LA area on Business and I have been pleased with this Hotel everytime. They have re-modelled the hotel this year (2011) and the looby looks really good. The service is always friendly and the breakfast options are also good.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank rumasan

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Our group stayed here during a conference. The rooms were nice and clean. The parking is good and location is convenient to numerous places. They offer at their restaurant is open and offered a variety of breakfast items at a reasonable price. Several were even healthy!!
The group salesperson was very helpful and provided great service.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank GramNancy
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I had the opportunity to stay here for two nights earlier this week and had an excellent stay. I am on the road more than 150 days a year and am glad I had the chance to stop by this property. The new lobby looks great and still smells new! The rooms are not brand new (yet), but they are very clean, well lit, spacious, and have a lot of easily accessible electrical outlets. The sink is located outside of the bathroom so it is easy to get ready while somebody is in the shower.

I had no problems during my stay and very much enjoyed the friendly service from the front desk and the rest of the staff. The only thing I would change is the mattress I had in my room. It was very comfortable but it felt like it was somewhat older. This was overall not an issue and I still thought that the bed was very comfortable.

Overall I was very happy with my stay and am looking forward to the at least 10 more nights I will be spending at this property later this month.

Room Tip: If you can't get a room with two beds, the king rooms have a couch that pulls out and becomes a...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ResidentTraveler
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I spent one night here because it was close to my daughter and her family. They were getting their home ready to sell so I wanted to help them pack, etc. There was no room for me to stay there so I decided to spend the night at this Courtyard.

The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The bed was pretty comfortable but then I sleep on a Tempurpedic mattress at home and nothing compares to that! The hotel is close to restaurants and other businesses and also not too far from Knott's Berry Farm and various other Orange County attractions. The only downside was they don't provide a small refrigerator or microwave in the rooms, which I would have preferred. The front desk hotel clerk was friendly and quickly checked me in.

I really have no complaints and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to send in a review about your stay here at the Courtyard. We are looking forward to our new transition to the Courtyard Refreshing Business in just a matter of two more weeks! I am hoping you will be back to stay with us again and if so, please ask to have a small refrigerator sent up to your room. We do have them available at no charge. Again, thank you !

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I feel so disappointed with how much money I spent at this hotel for my birthday vacation. The lobby is closed, the restaurant is closed, and there is a makeshift bar at the pool...not quite the ambiance I hoped for. The courtesy continental breakfast doesn't even come close to compensating for not having the convenience of a restaurant and a relaxing lounge to enjoy a cocktail. I asked for a king sized bed at check-in (and I totally understand those can't be guaranteed) but the reply from the front desk was so cold and abrupt: 'we're sold out'. No apology, no warm welcome, no indication that I was valued as a customer at all. After reading such great reviews about the staff here, I was surprised at the obvious lack of hospitality during my entire trip. Of all the times I've walked in and out of the makeshift front desk right next to the elevators, I have yet to be greeted or acknowledged. I wish I could have a do-over and spend my birthday somewhere else. I'm so disappointed that I'm writing this here at the Marriott during my stay, with the TV cranked up because the cooling unit is uncommonly load and irritating. My advice to management: if you want to be a great hotel, then friendly service needs to be consistent and extended to all patrons. When the hotel is in disarray due to renovations, that is the time to compensate with extra hospitality and perhaps free drink vouchers or something to make me feel like I'm still getting my money's worth despite going without a restaurant or a 'real' lounge.

• Stayed: July 2011
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

Thank you for your taking the time to share your issues with us. We apologize for the experience you endured on your special birthday vacation. We did our best to notify all guests with prior reservations about our renovation. I am not sure if you had made your reservation in advance to receive these. Courtyards are not known to have restaurants and a lounge prior to the new Lobby concept we are about to have. We did have a cafe available for breakfast (not complimentary). We are offering a continental breakfast to all of our guests to show our appreciation for staying with us during this time. We do have a variety of restaurants in our area and within walking distance including one that delivers room service for lunch and dinner. They are just two doors down and have one of the best lounges in the entire area. I am sorry that you were not greeted by our staff. This is highly unusual for us and there is no excuse. Please contact me so that we can discuss how we can assist you. Thank You

Reviewed June 1, 2011

We had a large group for a soccer tournament, and the Cypress Marriott really came through with a great price, good service, and an overall good time. Cherie was wonderful to work with. I was supposed to have a King suite, but when I checked in, they had me listed with 2 connected rooms. Apparently, there was a problem with my room, so they upgraded me to 2 rooms for the same price which was wonderful because it gave the players more room to hang out, and some of the players didn't have to share beds. I will use this hotel when we go back next year.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2011

Thank you for bringing your soccer team to us and your great review of our hotel. Cherie is very well known in the Cypress area after so many years of being with us and has earned the reputation for going all out to make sure her teams are comfortable during their stay. We hope to see you again soon!!.

Reviewed May 27, 2011

I chose to have my wedding reception with the Marriott in Cypress because I absolutely knew that we (including my WHOLE family) would be well taken care of. I have stayed at this hotel only a handfull of times, but each time I do, I have always had a most wonderful stay.
For a bride, a wedding can be a bit stressful, but as soon as I stepped in those doors, I was welcomed with open arms and given a sence of "don't worry, we will take care of you". On such a special occasion, the staff helped me with every little request I had, and I trully felt calm so that I was able to enjoy every moment. I stayed for two nights including my wedding night. My suite was emaculate, very clean. My bed was super comfortable. I had everything I needed including a personal phone call from the Gary the manager to ask how I was holding up (since he knew that I was stressed out). My suite had an absolutely gorgeous view of Los Alamitos. While at the reception, the staff took care of everything. My new husband and I did not have to lift a finger, all we had to do was ask. The food was excelent and the Chef Raul should be comended on a job well done. My family loved everyhing about my wedding including the great rates for such a pleasing room. I loved the landscaping which gave us amazing pictures, so much color and beauty...the upkeep was refreshing. My family was indeed happy to stay as well, and the Marriotts staff was more than helpfull to place them in a room on such short notice. We all woke up in the morning to a wonderfull buffett style breakfast that was very close to our own home cooked brekfasts'. I cannot wait till my new husband brings me to The Marriott again...always a perfect stay!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank angietodd
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2011

Congratulations and many many years of happiness! Thank you for choosing us for your wedding and for all the great compliments. We strive to ensure that our brides are stree-free on their special day. Our Banquet Captain, Humberto has been here over 10 years, our Chef has been here over 13 years Sandie, our Catering Director has been with our company for 7 years and our General Manager, Gary Liss for over 9 years, so we are always confident that these special occasions will go well. There is a lot to be said for our staff mainly because they truly care about every event. Again, thank you for your kind words and keep in mind we are here for your anniversary parties!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
#2 of 3 in Seal Beach
Residence Inn Cypress Los Alamitos
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center

Been to Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County? Share your experiences!