“Great time with a soccer team!”

Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Santa Clara, California
“Great time with a soccer team!”
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We had a large group for a soccer tournament, and the Cypress Marriott really came through with a great price, good service, and an overall good time. Cherie was wonderful to work with. I was supposed to have a King suite, but when I checked in, they had me listed with 2 connected rooms. Apparently, there was a problem with my room, so they upgraded me to 2 rooms for the same price which was wonderful because it gave the players more room to hang out, and some of the players didn't have to share beds. I will use this hotel when we go back next year.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
Thank you for bringing your soccer team to us and your great review of our hotel. Cherie is very well known in the Cypress area after so many years of being with us and has earned the reputation for going all out to make sure her teams are comfortable during their stay. We hope to see you again soon!!.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
long beaach
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I chose to have my wedding reception with the Marriott in Cypress because I absolutely knew that we (including my WHOLE family) would be well taken care of. I have stayed at this hotel only a handfull of times, but each time I do, I have always had a most wonderful stay.
For a bride, a wedding can be a bit stressful, but as soon as I stepped in those doors, I was welcomed with open arms and given a sence of "don't worry, we will take care of you". On such a special occasion, the staff helped me with every little request I had, and I trully felt calm so that I was able to enjoy every moment. I stayed for two nights including my wedding night. My suite was emaculate, very clean. My bed was super comfortable. I had everything I needed including a personal phone call from the Gary the manager to ask how I was holding up (since he knew that I was stressed out). My suite had an absolutely gorgeous view of Los Alamitos. While at the reception, the staff took care of everything. My new husband and I did not have to lift a finger, all we had to do was ask. The food was excelent and the Chef Raul should be comended on a job well done. My family loved everyhing about my wedding including the great rates for such a pleasing room. I loved the landscaping which gave us amazing pictures, so much color and beauty...the upkeep was refreshing. My family was indeed happy to stay as well, and the Marriotts staff was more than helpfull to place them in a room on such short notice. We all woke up in the morning to a wonderfull buffett style breakfast that was very close to our own home cooked brekfasts'. I cannot wait till my new husband brings me to The Marriott again...always a perfect stay!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank angietodd
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Congratulations and many many years of happiness! Thank you for choosing us for your wedding and for all the great compliments. We strive to ensure that our brides are stree-free on their special day. Our Banquet Captain, Humberto has been here over 10 years, our Chef has been here over 13 years Sandie, our Catering Director has been with our company for 7 years and our General Manager, Gary Liss for over 9 years, so we are always confident that these special occasions will go well. There is a lot to be said for our staff mainly because they truly care about every event. Again, thank you for your kind words and keep in mind we are here for your anniversary parties!!!
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed May 25, 2011

This is the second time I have stayed here with a large group. Both times they have been very easy to work with and have done everything they could to make our stay great.
The rooms are nice and comfortable and a good thing is the halls are built to keep the rooms quiet inside. They know how to work with groups and really help setting up everything you need.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We take great pride in the fact that our entire Management Team has been here for more than six years. We definitely understand the needs of our guests and work diligently to ensure that our staff is well-trained. Thank you again for your kind words and glad you enjoyed your time here in Southern California!!
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Only complaint is the ultra loud room air conditioner - not too unusual but never a favorite. Nice appearance and furnishings, good wi-fi, comfortable room.

• Stayed May 2011
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, May 22, 2011
Thank you for posting your comments in Trip Advisor. We appreciate your business and hope you are considering future stays with us in the future. I understand that the humming noise from hotel air conditioners can be a nuisance. I experience the same issue when I travel. Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your comments.
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed May 11, 2011

The hotel staff were very helpful when I requested a refrigerator. It was in my room within minutes. They were also very friendly and always greeted upon leaving and arrival. The location was very central to where I needed to be during my stay. All around, it was a terrific stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, May 13, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We take great pride in our service and spend a lot of time ensuring that our staff is well trained and upholds the Marriott standards. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again on your next trip to the Cypress area!
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Our company has stayed at this Courtyard by Marriott often, and will continue to do so whenever we are in town. The rooms are comfortable and clean, the staff very helpful, and it's in a great location, near the restaurants and stores. Though it's pretty close to the freeway, the hotel is quiet and the comment we hear most often is how restful everyone feels after a night there, very important when one has a convention or a string of long meetings the next day! They also have a good breakfast buffet that opens early, with a chef in one corner if you want your breakfast specially prepared, and a well-stocked convenience store area. Overall the vibe here is very friendly and we have always felt at home here. I heartily recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, May 9, 2011
Dear Fran, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us in Trip Advisor. Our guests comments are extremely important to us. Although we are located on well traveled Katella, you are right, the noise does play havoc on us the way the hotel is situated. Again, thank you for ypur kind comments and choosing Courtyard by Marriott. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!!
Casa Grande, Arizona
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and have been very happy each time with the comfort, cleanliness, affordable, and friendly with professional staff! I would like to highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to that area which is close to restaurants and shops.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
SallyBrayton, Director of Sales at Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
Dear Ms Benudiz,

Thank you for your comments. The staff and management will continue to work hard to see that our guests enjoy their stay. Please contact me on your next visit, I would like the opportunity to meet you.

Kindest Regards,

Sally Brayton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress
Residence Inn Cypress Los Alamitos
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
#2 of 3 in Seal Beach

Been to Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County? Share your experiences!