“Very pleased overall”

Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Best part was the continental breakfast. They have a great selection of fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, toast & the warm options like eggs, bacon & potatoes varied a little each day. They serve breakfast 6:00AM—10:00AM. The coffee is excellent, and it's available 24/7.
The housekeeping did a very good job each day with daily fresh clean towels.
The facility was neat & clean...not too fancy, but comfortable. Lobby & eating area was kept & decorated nicely.
There is 1 washer and 1 dryer available to the customers on the first floor for approx $3 total per load. It required a key card to enter, so I felt good about leaving my laundry while it was washing then drying. Ice machines are available on each level for filling up your cooler. There was no fridge in our room, but I don't know if they have rooms with that option.
Very close to Disneyland, Target, and all sorts of other attractions, shopping & restaurants.

Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I was very pleased with the Hampton Inn policy to clean comforters and bed spreads for each new guest. The breakfast is nice, but not too many choices for a gluten free diet. Lots of pillows - good for working from the bed. The location will be nice for my family when we return for a beach/Disney vacation.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I am a Hilton Honors member, this was a nicer, newer Hampton, it was very clean, breakfast area very well kept, rooms were spacious and beds comfy and loved the smell of the crisp clean sheets. My stay was Monday through Friday it was convenient location to my office and airport. I do suggest this location if flying in to Orange County, Santa Ana area for business.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We choose this hotel due to its location to Anaheim convention center. Nice hotel with an excellent staff. The rooms are slightly in need of update and bathroom tub was in need of update. Overall nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We've been here 3 times. We love the very well done breakfasts and the rooms are very clean. Staff has always been real helpful and nice and polite, even late at night when I needed a roll away bed. We will be back again.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Our family stayed at the Hampton Inn Cypress last week and the experience far less than we expected. Let me start by saying that we have stayed at the property before. We travel to Disneyland together every couple of years and the location of the property combined with the lower cost, made this our first choice. Our first experience was wonderful. The staff was friendly and helpful. The kids had a great time in the pool. The rooms were clean. And we really enjoyed to great breakfast before heading into the park. This time was very different.
The first issue came at check-in.

We had 11 people total in our party and had reserved three rooms all at the same time. Our rooms were reserved via hotels.com and the confirmations were all the same with a -1 and -2 and -3 at the end of them. We checked in around 9pm on Wednesday 02/12. My husband and sister-in-law went to the front desk as I was picking up additional guests at the airport. When they went to the front desk, they were advised that there were only 2 rooms reserved. The gentleman working advised that he could only find 2 reservations and that the hotel was sold out and there was nothing he could do to assist. He literally did not help at all. He said the only thing we could do was call hotels.com to see what they could do but that the Hampton Inn was sold-out and there was nothing he could do. Since it was now nearly 10pm and the kids were exhausted, we asked if he could possibly put a couple of roll-aways in the rooms we had so that the kids could at least go to bed while we worked out the problem. His response was that there were no roll-aways available. Again, refusing to help at all!! My husband and sister-in-law kept the kids in the car while I tried via my mobile phone to get a hold of hotels.com to see what we could do. Doing this all while circling LAX waiting for my daughter-in-laws delayed flight. By the time I got to the hotel it was 11:30pm. Low and behold, there was a new front desk clerk on duty who miraculously found a room. He said that by law, the hotel needs to hold a handicap room until a certain time at night so that if a handicap guest checks in, they can accommodate him/her. It was now past that time and he was able to give us that room. He was also able to miraculously locate two roll-away beds. The handicap room had a king bed and there were 3 people staying in it. Why did the earlier clerk not even mention any of this? We would have gladly waited in the two rooms we had knowing that a third room may come open later that evening. Roll-aways could have been brought in should the room not have been available. We could have made it work but again, the front desk clerk was basically an arrogant jerk and offered no help or assistance whatsoever. We were finally able to get settled and to bed by midnight but the stress we experienced was totally unnecessary.
The remainder of our stay also had it's challenges:
- Every night without fail, the room key did not work. After coming back to the park with exhausted children, we tried to get into our room only to find the key not working. FRUSTRATING!! And a pain to go back down to the front desk to get it fixed.
- The rooms were not properly cleaned. It felt like the maids just pulled the bed sheets up and left. There were dirty used cups left on the bathroom counters and things were not properly cleaned.
- Our air conditioner was not working. We advised the front desk on three occasions that the thermostat was off. Each time they said they would send someone up to fix it but that did not happened until the second day we were there.
- The bathtub dripped and dripped and dripped. I complained about it but it was never fixed.

I am not sure if there has been a management or ownership change recently with this hotel but this recent experience would make me think twice before staying at this property again. There are many other choices nearby. The management here needs to get their act together.

1  Thank Pam642014
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Look it's not the Ritz but in this category it is a very nice hotel. We went for a sporting event and stayed for two days. The hotel was clean and efficient. The location was quiet. The breakfast was mediocre but then again I saw a lot of people eating. I really can't complain about this place although the pillow were a little hard (like a puffy rock) but then again this is a preference. Friends stayed at the Courtyard Marriott and liked it a little more but this is still a fine hotel.

1  Thank traveltheworldcs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Seal Beach
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
#2 of 19 in Buena Park

Been to Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress? Share your experiences!