“Family's favorite ...”

Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
“Family's favorite ...”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Japaneses fusion curry place has wonderful dishes that hooked our families taste buds. katsu plates are personally my favorite, but steak curry place on a heated stone bowl is rather impressive, but expensive.
keep going back almost every week.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Suzanna067

• Korean first
Cypress, California
“Worst service ever, got yelled at by two waitresses!”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I would give zero (0) star or minus (-) star rating if I can but those ratings are not available. So, I will give the lowest available rating (1 star).

I went to Curry House Cypress yesterday afternoon for dinner to take advantage of their 30% discount. My family and I waited for a long time to be seated in (approx. 2 hours). Finally got seated at the corner of the room and waited for a waiter/waitress to ask our order for about 10 min. and then about 4 tables were available and they were filled in after us. We then noticed that the other 4 tables who came after us were being assisted so I asked one of the staff if she can assist us too. The first staff said she is busy and that we should wait. I then asked another staff and complained about why the other 4 tables were being assisted when we were there before them. She took our order and apologize but showed that she was clearly irritated at us.

We sat there for more than 30 minutes and while everyone else was being served their food. When the other tables who came later started to be served their food, I asked when we will get our food. I was rudely yelled at that "Everyone is waiting for their food too!". In the meantime, other tables were getting their food. After waiting for additional 10-15 min., I asked again and another waitress yelled "Everyone is waiting for their food too and that the other tables ordered before us". Actually, that is not true because besides the other four tables, there were two other tables next to us that were being served that ordered their food 10-15 min. after us. I was very humiliated and embarrassed. The staff/s made me fell like I was a B???? who was being unreasonable, demanding, rude, etc.

OK, I understand that everyone is waiting for their food too. I had basically wasted my whole afternoon starting at 5:30pm at their restaurant already. However, what I can't understand is why other people who came later after us were being helped and served ahead of us. I guess first come first serve and customer service does not apply to this restaurant.

Second, what I can't understand is being yelled at by two staffs. It appears that the first staff to yell was a supervisor because she had a pink outfit unlike the others. She did set a great example because the other waitress thought it was OK to yell at us too. I guess customer service and customer is always right DO NOT apply to Curry House Cypress. Well, what can you expect, if her boss can do it, it must be OK for the waitress to do that too!

The only reasons why I/we stayed and took those abuses are because:
1) already waited for 2 hours to get seated in
2) already waited for 10-15 min. for the staff to get our order
3) already waited for 45 minutes for the food after the order
4) had 3 orders to go for my family members
5) had another order to go for a friend (needs it for the next day)
6) a diabetes family member who was so hungry (didn't want additional delay by going to another place to eat)
7) this place is far from our home so didn't want to waste the trip coming here
8) everyone expected food from Curry House and I didn't want to disappoint them by getting other food from other restaurant

Why advertise and give 30% discount to customers in the first place if you don't care about how you treat customers? Wasn't the goal of this special to attract customers? The manager/owner should check if the restaurant staff/s can handle that kind of big crowd and have their staff not take it out their stress on customers!

Bottom line is that will be the LAST time I will go to that particular restaurant (Curry House Cypress). Who cares about 30% or whatever discount they give. I will never take that kind of abuse from any restaurant ever again. I didn't go there to be treated that way or spend my hard earned money to be treated like S???!

Good bye Curry House Cypress. You will never see me or my family ever again!

• Visited August 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Curry House never fails...”
Reviewed October 15, 2008

Curry House never fails if you are craving for some. Seafood salad or rice omelete is good if you don't feel like having curry.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“If you like Thai curry, then you probably won't like this place.”
Reviewed August 4, 2008

If you like Thai curry, then you probably won't like this place.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook