Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Cypress
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place did not change the bedding! Found large bugger on blanket, dirty sheets and pillowcases. Absolutely gross! Halls, and rooms have a very strong cigarette odor. Opened window for fresh air, and noticed no screens! In addition, the bathroom was not wiped down or anything. Made a toilet seat cover our of T.P. Checked out the next day and checked into the Marriott down the street.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I gave this place a second chance. The first morning I took my shower the drain was so stopped up the water would not drain. I had to clean it out to get the water to drain and it was DISGUSTING! I don't think it had been cleaned in months! It was so noisy I got very little sleep. NEVER AGAIN! I was offered a free night on my next visit but, I do not think it will be worth it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

It's great for those business, long term, stay people. We only stayed overnight so didn't really use the hotel for its purpose. The bathroom is spacious and kitchen is nice. The room did have a old smoke, stale smell and sheet and blankets were very thin. Breakfast was quality grab and go. Front desk was wonderful. I forgot my hair dryer and front desk was quick to bring me one.

• Stayed: August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our full kitchenette and our grab-and-go breakfast. I will also relay your nice words to the front desk.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our stay at Extended America for four days was absolutely wonderful. Especially the service from Carmen. She called our room a little bit after we checked in to make sure everything was ok and if we had any problems to contact her and she even told us what time she finished. Carlos and another gentlemen, helped us out as well and was also great. All the staff, including the Manager, Roger, have been so good to accomodate the needs of their customers. I am from Canada and left something in the room and they are still so helpful to getting it returned to me. Thank you for the exceptional service you have provided and I would recommend them. Thanks again Roger, Carmen, Carlos and other staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay at our property. I am thrilled to hear that the staff was attentive and accommodating to your needs. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travel bring you back to our area.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel is not fancy, but it is a clean hotel.

I needed a place to stay where I could have my cats as I was transitioning to a new place to live. They allowed my cats to come with me. There was a large bed, a sofa, a bar type dining table, a kitchenette and a large bathroom.

The laundry room was huge. There were several washers and dryers, change was made at the front desk. They had soap for sale also. The laundry room was clean, but not spotless, it was a little run down, but everything worked. The fitness room was small but clean.

Breakfast was coffee, tea, muffins, oatmeal and apples/oranges. Not fancy, and served in the lobby to be taken back to your room to eat.

I was in a daze the week I spent there, having moved in a hurry into the hotel. My mother had died the day I moved into room, and I spent the week planning the funeral. I was glad to have a quiet place to relax and try to regroup my thoughts. Being able to have my cats with me was a bonus instead of having to board them. They seemed to like looking out the window and snuggle on the bed with me. There was a small fee charged to have the cats and I was only supposed to have one pet, but I did tell the front desk I had both of them.

Front desk staff was friendly but did not seem to want to go out of their way to be social. This was all right, but a change from other more upper end hotels where the front desk staff tends to be more chatty, genuinely caring about their clients.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jessicarbt

Jessica - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt our hotel was roomy and quiet. As well, I am glad that you liked our onsite laundry facilities, grab-and-go breakfast, fitness room and our friendly staff.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed 4 nights here. Smelly in the hallway. Noisy from the workers until about 6:30 PM. Paint peeling on the windowsill. Pipe noise from other guest(s) when they turned the water on. Bed was comfortable though. Limited TV channels. Bad connection on the cable coax. Had to keep jiggling the cable. Great shower. Will probably stay here again....after the renovation is completed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for the level of cleanliness and for the noise disturbances you experienced throughout the day. In response to your feedback, I am working with our staff to improve our housekeeping procedures and am coaching them on ways to eliminate noise issues moving forward..

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at cys@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area. I am sure that you will enjoy your next stay after our rooms and hotel is fully refreshed.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

the hotel at the Cypress location was just ok. the queen beds were fairly new, the room comes with a mini kitchen with 2 bar stools so you can cook your food, warm staff and location was great. however, the management of this hotel can improve the quality of their rooms as the one that we were in, was quite a bit dusty, blankets have holes and the door knob at the bathroom was broken. the rate per night is over kill for the quality of what you get and i think you can pay the same rate at a different more spic and span small hotels in the nearby area of Cypress or even Anaheim. overall, if you have time to complain perhaps they will fix the imperfections i noted, but then again, those things i mentioned should be basic comforts if you're paying for almost 100/night.

Room Tip: make sure you book a hotel that is far from the fire exit on the ground floor as people constantly c...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the room did not meet your expectations. I am working with the maintenance staff to fix the bathroom doorknob and with the housekeeping team to improve their cleaning procedures.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at cys@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cypress
HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim
Hampton Inn Los Angeles / Orange County / Cypress
Courtyard Cypress Anaheim/Orange County
Rodeway Inn Cypress
Rodeway Inn Cypress
#6 of 8 in Cypress
La Quinta Inn & Suites NE Long Beach/Cypress
La Quinta Inn & Suites NE Long B...
#1 of 1 in Hawaiian Gardens
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
Knott's Berry Farm Hotel
#2 of 19 in Buena Park

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Cypress? Share your experiences!