“Good Business Hotel in Cupertino”

Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cupertino
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Hilton Garden Inn in Cupertino is a nice quiet place to stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Hotel has recently been renovated, so rooms are nice and fresh. Location is a bit awkward to get to and from in Silicon Valley. It's hidden behind a shopping mall. In hotel restaurant is good but pricey. Roomy health fitness center with good equipment. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Rick S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear isdn4u,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

HORRIBLE. Upon checkin at 3PM, room was stuffy. Turned on thermostat and set temp to 70 - room became comfortable. At some point during the night, I woke up to an unbearably warm room and realized the unit was blowing HOT air, like 90 degrees HOT. I turned it off and returned to bed. The next morning I rang guest services and ask them to turn off the heat to my room and they did so. Night two - again the room was fine upon my return from meetings and was blowing moderate to cool air. Again the unit begain blowing HOT air at some point during the night without my adjusting it. I call guest services in the middle of the night and asked them to cut the heat. They never did so I had to open a window for ventilation. The property sits on a very busy street with all night traffic and between that and the fact that I am a woman traveling alone, I did not sleep. Night three - I asked the front desk if they could do anything about how hot it is in my room. They explained that the HVAC is a central unit and that the manager wants it warm. I asked if there was any way I could just get the fan to work so I could have ventiliation and I was told they would give me a floor fan and I should open the window. I asked what the thermostat was for if the manager determines whether cooling or heating is available to rooms and I was told the thermostats are really "false advertising!" Night four - I am sitting here in front of the floor fan by the open window in the rain (secretly hoping it ruins Hilton's carpet) counting the hours until I can get out of here. I will never, ever, ever stay at this property again!!! Oh, and my coworker who is staying on the other side of the building had to ask for a SPACE HEATER . . . SERIOUSLY!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is typically a business hotel. Therefore, during certain times the rates drops to less than $94 per night. The staff is friendly. The room is typical Hilton Garden Inn, but there is a small microwave and a mini refrigerator. The site has a small heated pool. The pool area and the exercise area are accessed via your key. All areas of the hotel are very clean. Daily newspapers are free at the front desk. There is a fruit bowl in the morning and there are cookies in the evening by the front desk.

There is a breakfast and dinner area. We had dinner on the first night and were pleasantly surprised. The salmon dish and the short rib dishes were nicely cooked, flavorful, and priced at about $18 per dish.

Breakfast is included if you are a Hilton gold or platinum. It costs about $12.95. It is a buffet, but cooked to order eggs, omelets, pancakes can be requested for no additional cost. The only negative is that there is a small bar area attached to the eating area. The eating area is small and the tv in the bar had ongoing sports programs. It would be nice to have music or nothing during meal times and the sports at other times.

This is an easy hotel to access over Interstate 280. There are restaurants, movies, and a mall within walking distance. Parking is free.

Room Tip: There really isn't any view rooms at this hotel. It is a practical choice, not a scenic or roman...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Rick S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear patsyannie,
I want to thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your experience with other travelers on this site. Whether you are here for business or leisure, we strive to exceed your expectations and I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and all that we have to offer. We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had a very good experience overall at this hotel. The staff was friendly, the room was really large and well maintained (though they forgot to clean out the fridge and there was some weird stew in it ha), also a decent fitness center. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Rick S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear JL Fog,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I would also like to apologize about the refrigerator. I will make sure to share your valuable input with the team so that we can continue to improve as we strive to exceed our guests’ expectations.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn is very much like other, similar facilities at which my wife and I have stayed. It is a very good value, comfortable and clean. We found the staff friendly and helpful. The room was moderately-sized, clean and quiet, although I cannot say that the sound-proofness was actually tested while we were there. There was a microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator in the room. Bathroom was standard and clean. Internet was free, including the room. The hotel has easy accessibility to the freeway and parking was more than adequate. The facility has several floors but there are elevators for those who need it. The exercise room was excellent, better than most hotels of this class. There is a relatively small indoor pool. We did not eat dinner at the hotel nor in the immediate vicinity. Breakfast was unspectacular but adequate. It is not included in the room charge. You can participate in the buffet or order a la carte. The a la carte selections are very inexpensive. Overall, a very good value and a hotel to which we would return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Rick S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear MAG10,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and found comfort and value in our offerings and amenities. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for 2 nights while in the area. The hotel is relatively new, and near both HP and Apple. The staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel is well appointed, with a large lobby, large exercise room with a lot of machines and equipment, free parking, good internet, free Starbucks coffee in the lobby, free use of computers and printers in the business center, large rooms with refrigerator and microwave, nice bathroom amenities. It is one of the few Hilton properties that greeted me as a Hilton Honors guest. They offer a made-to-order breakfast buffet for $12.95 pp. Downside: They have pressure control beds where you can adjust the hardness of the mattress (a poor man's Select Comfort Sleep Number bed). The pressure controls were broken on our bed to the max pressure, so the first night was the worst bed we had slept in (this was the 5th hotel we stayed in during our trip to CA). Maintenance did fix it for the second night, so it wasn't too bad. Also, the air conditioner didn't work, so the room never cooled off. Despite that, we would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Rick S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear peamomma,
I would like to thank you for your Brand loyalty and for choosing to stay with us. I would also like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay. We appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed for two nights - nice staff, good room for HGI level hotel, close to freeway on-ramp (280) which is a BIG deal for me in that area. Free parking. Very pleasant, will stay there again. Had to pay above what is likely the usual rate as it was during iPhone 5 launch, but will go back anyway if I need to stay in the area. Felt better there than Palo Alto Four Seasons (rooms at 4S are smaller than you expect for what you pay, and better at HGI than what I expected).

Room Tip: Faced inside so room was quiet, not sure what street facing rooms are like.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Thank Businesstravele... s
Rick S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Businesstravelers_12,
Our goal is to exceed our guests’ expectations so it is with much delight to read your review! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Rick Sisneros

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cupertino
Cupertino Inn
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel
The Domain Hotel
The Domain Hotel
#4 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino? Share your experiences!