“Very nice hotel on the peninsula”

Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Cupertino
san luis obispo, ca
“Very nice hotel on the peninsula”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We visited this hilton garden inn over last weekend for one night. Great location just off I-220 in a residential area. The hotel is extremely quiet as it sits far back from the street surrounded by another hotel and condos with well grown trees. It is far enough away from the below ground level freeway that freeway noise is not heard at all. The hotel and rooms are very clean and the rooms are much larger than average with excellent bedding. All amenities exceeded my expectations. Internet was better than average for a hotel. The exercise room is somewhat limited. Very helpful staff.

Breakfast is served in the lobby. After serving us, our waitress asked if we had breakfast vouchers. I told her that we did not receive vouchers but I had recalled that breakfast was included with my reservation. She scurried off to the front desk, and came back and said it was no problem. When I returned home and inspected the reservation, I had recalled the picture of waffles next to the hotel name. No mention of breakfast being included. I called back the hotel's front desk, and admitted my error. I was told not to worry and that they hoped that I would be a repeat customer. I have not been treated as well in some five star facilities.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Rick S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear slocal,
It’s great when knowing that nice things happen to nice people! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and your breakfast experience. We look forward to welcoming you back should your future travels bring you back to the area.
Rick Sisneros

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The staff at this hotel are the best I have ever encountered, Rose, Sandra, Bob(chef) desk clerks, cleaners.! Starwood group, you could benefit by sending your staff here for training! We were part of a Waterpolo group so there were lots of us. The hotel was great, clean, comfortable and food great. Coffee out every-morning was a treat. At night we would watch the Olympics in their comfortable lobby, chef brought out cookies and popcorn! Rose handled breakfast as no other, she was amazing, coffee filled, plates taken away, what ever you needed she was there and smiling! Sandra - awesome! Whatever you need Sandra will help you, she always asks about your day and also has the best smile. All the staff we encountered were like this. Kids losing keys "no problem, let me get you another". We loved the patio above the pool, parents could sit and chat while watching the kids. The pool is small so it worked perfectly for us as our kids were in pools all day and needed to rest. The jacuzzi was great as was the workout room.
Parking is free and hotel is very close to 280 fwy access, One thing I loved was how quiet this hotel was. After coming from a four points in san jose (where one employee was capable) it was a blessing. Also the rooms had a microwave, coffee maker and good sized refrigerator. TV, free internet and cable was awesome. It was the perfect trip for our team, we were all sad to leave.

Room Tip: If you have lots of bags - get the cart to help. also you can park in the back for easier access to...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Y2k1,
On behalf of Rose, Bob, Sandra and the rest of the staff, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in our hotel and pleasure in serving our guests and I am glad that it shows! You were the ‘perfect’ guests and we too, were sad to see you leave! If your future travels bring you back to the area, we would be happy to assist in making your reservations! Have a great rest of the summer!
Sonora
Reviewed July 23, 2012

It was more than I expected for the good price on hilton.com. We had a regular guest room and it was fantastic. It was completed with a perfectly comfy bed. We are spoiled with the Hiltons and continue to visit them more than any other brand.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear love2worknplay,
Thank you for being Hilton loyal! We are always looking to exceed our guests’ expectations and always pleased to know when we have. Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel and we would love to welcome you back on your next visit to the area!
Denver
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The HGI is exactly what you'd expect from the brand. Excellent accommodations, with beds that give me as good of a night's sleep as at home. Well suited for business. This location stood out in it's friendly employees, exceptionally clean rooms, and great location. It has easy access to 280 to get quickly from San Jose up to Palo Alto.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear jbe_worldtravel,
What a delight to read your review! Thank you for taking the time! I will share your comments with the rest of the team. Hope that you have a pleasant summer!
Oceanside, California
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Was in town to attend a graduation at Santa Clara University (so I knew everything was going to be crowded!!). Room was ready when we arrived and had everything we needed - love having not just a coffee maker but a refrigerator, as well. Large bedroom area, with a comfortable chair for reading and a large desk area. TV operation was a little funky, but that's ok - didn't spend that much time in the room. The bathroom is exceptionally small and the way the door opens out into the room is a little awkward, but I guess they did the best with the space they had. While our rate did not include the breakfast buffet, there was fresh coffee in the lobby, along with apples & bananas - plus the Sunday paper, which was great!! It was pretty hot that weekend and I thought it was a little odd that they had the windows in the hallways open, making the halls really kind of muggy and uncomfortable. Overall, a good place for a good price.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room away from the small pool area ... the 2 nights we were there, people were i...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Rick S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear BadDiver,
Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our offerings in the lobby along with some of the thoughtful amenities in our guest rooms. We appreciate your comments and will share them with the staff.
A room will be ready for your return visit to the area! We would be happy to assist in booking your future reservation.
Saitama-shi, Saitama, Japan
Reviewed July 10, 2012

It is very comfortable to stay at Hilton Garden Inn, Cupertino.
Al people in the hotel are very friendly and kind. They remember me and always welcome me.
Room is clean and neat, and refrigerator and and microwave are in the room.
Some of negative impression is that in the bathroom, there is no rain shower but has hand shower. It would be great if we can control water quantity of shower though. Most of towel was old, and not soft.

There is shopping mall called "Cupertino Village" near by (2-3 min. by walk), and you can find a super market (Asian supermarket), and also several restaurants there (Pub, Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese).

The hotel is very close to highway 280 entrance, and convenience for travel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Hiro_S_12,
It has been both our pleasure and a privilege to welcome you back to the hotel! Thank you for sharing your experience with us as your feedback is very valuable in helping us continually improve.
We look forward to your return visit!
Nashville, TN
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I found this hotel to be quiet, safe and well worth the price I paid at hotels.com. Staff was very nice. Yes I wish the offered a free breakfast but there was free coffee in the morning. I just stocked breakfast items from the grocery in my fridge and had breakfast in bed.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Alice R,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Rick Sisneros
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cupertino
Cupertino Inn
#4 of 6 in Cupertino
The Domain Hotel
The Domain Hotel
#5 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino? Share your experiences!