“A very professionally run hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Cupertino
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for a wedding/family reunion.

The price was reasonable for a hotel of this class. Th staff was very friendly, each of the staff member would greet a guest when he or she encountered one.

Our room was spacious, the beds' firmness was adjustable for our comfort and everything was spotless, that included the gym and the pool area.

We did have a problem with our room: the A/C was blowing out warm air. I told a manager named Kathy Lee before we ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant. By the time we finished eating, she had already sent maintenance to our room. Even though the problem was not fixed right away, we were left with a card expressing their apology, and she sent up a fan to our room to keep us comfortable until the A/C was fixed later that day. I think that was exceptional customer service.

Breakfast was included in our room rate. It was sumptuous and hot, definitely gave our morning a good start. Service at the restaurant was very good too.

We would definitely return whenever we come to Cupertino again.

Room Tip: Depending on where you book, breakfast may or may not be included, so check for the best rate at dif...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
melanies20, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

Dear ACFung

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review on trip advisor. I apologize about the air conditioning issue, but I am happy to see that it was resolved to your satisfaction. I hope you had an enjoyable wedding weekend with your family and friends, and we hope to see you back with us on your next trip to Cupertino.

Sincerely
Melanie Strother

Reviewed September 26, 2011

Conveniently located near the Interstate and several malls. The hotel is very clean and has a complete set of services (pool, business center, free wifi, fitness center. The rooms themselves are large and quiet. Great staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
melanies20, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2011

Dear Patrick K

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. I am happy to see that you had a great stay and that you enjoyed many of our services. We hope to have you back with us on your next trip to Cupertino.

Sincerely
Melanie Strother

Reviewed September 19, 2011

I am very sensitive to smoke, and since this is an older property, I sensed smoke coming out of the ventilator that circulated throughout the hotel. I am amazed to find a hotel in CA that still has smoking rooms! I was told I would be credited for my stay, since with my asthma I had to leave after 5 minutes, but even after calling manager, still no credit.

Not up to the usual Hilton Garden Inn quality!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed in this Hilton for a Friday night for $103 including taxes. My overall impression is very good. Good location: Close to Apple headquarters, silicon valley area, San Jose, Stanford area etc...Next to it is a British style pub which seems a perfect place for a drink. Neighborhood is safe. Hotel is clean and rooms are huge and typical to any other Hilton Garden Inn. Internet and parking are free. Besides the bar next to the hotel is also a market with different shops (coffe place, grocery, food etc). I would rate the hotel with a 5 star if they would not charged me $16 for breakfast (with taxes). Yes, the breakfast was good but some people good coupons (from the hotel itself) and ate for free. At least coffee in the lobby is free for anybody...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank grevo77
Reviewed September 10, 2011

A very good example of the Garden Inn hotel. Conveniently located near San Francisco, close to an Interstate exit and to several malls.
The hotel is very clean, complete set of services is offered (pool - not so big -, business center, fitness center, wifi...).
Rooms are large, comfy and calm. Great staff. Price was very correct given the prestations.

As usual a restaurant is present in the hotel. Again very clean, good choice and good quality (special mention for their splendid Tiramisu!) and friendly staff. The restaurant serves breakfast & dinner. A good number of various California wines can also be tasted (glass/bottle).

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Having stayed at this hotel before I was greatly disappointed this trip. We checked in very late in the evening and started getting showered. The shower drained so slowly it took more than 1/2 an hour to empty. We checked it and could not find a problem. The next morning (7am) when leaving for the day we told the front desk about the problem. They said they would get it fixed. That night upon our return we decided to shower. Again the shower would not drain. I called and spoke to the same manager as in the morning. He said they had come up and looked at it. His records did not indicate if it had been repaired. Maintenance was again sent up. While waiting for maintenance my husband noticed a problem with the toilet. The maintenance man said he fixed the shower and the toilet. By this time it was very late. We showered and went to bed. The shower was still slow, but not as bad as before. The toilet however still ran. We had to take the lid off the tank and whenever you flushed you had to raise the arm to make it stop.

The shower also had black hair in it when we checked in. Their were only 2 towels for 4 of us and the room just didn't seem fresh.

The staff wouldn't even look up at you when you walked through the lobby. They were always very busy with something on the computer. Always!

They do not even offer a free breakfast. Twelve dollars for nothing. I would rather drive through a fast food place - Yuk. If you are staying here drive down Homestead and try Stan's donuts. They have been there at least 50 years. They make the best donuts in the world - yes the world. I ate these as a kid and now my kids love them too. Even my daughter who doesn't like donuts!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank GASunlover
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Look, this place is not a resort and it's not a "vacation destination", but for a great place to stay with great amenities THIS IS YOUR PLACE. Breakfast buffet is included in most offers and its great. It's not a continental breakfast this is a full blown buffet and the food is surprisingly good. Coffee bar in the morning serving Starbucks coffee with flavored creamers and syrups for your drinking pleasure. We were so happy to stay here that next time we go to Santa Cruz we have decided to stay here instead of staying in Santa Cruz. Enjoy this hotel we sure did!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cupertino
1 mi away
Aloft Cupertino
#5 of 6 in Cupertino
Residence Inn San Jose Cupertino
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino? Share your experiences!