“Stay there if you get a good deal” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino

Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Cupertino
Port Jefferson, New York
“Stay there if you get a good deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed in this Hilton for a Friday night for $103 including taxes. My overall impression is very good. Good location: Close to Apple headquarters, silicon valley area, San Jose, Stanford area etc...Next to it is a British style pub which seems a perfect place for a drink. Neighborhood is safe. Hotel is clean and rooms are huge and typical to any other Hilton Garden Inn. Internet and parking are free. Besides the bar next to the hotel is also a market with different shops (coffe place, grocery, food etc). I would rate the hotel with a 5 star if they would not charged me $16 for breakfast (with taxes). Yes, the breakfast was good but some people good coupons (from the hotel itself) and ate for free. At least coffee in the lobby is free for anybody...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank grevo77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

A very good example of the Garden Inn hotel. Conveniently located near San Francisco, close to an Interstate exit and to several malls.
The hotel is very clean, complete set of services is offered (pool - not so big -, business center, fitness center, wifi...).
Rooms are large, comfy and calm. Great staff. Price was very correct given the prestations.

As usual a restaurant is present in the hotel. Again very clean, good choice and good quality (special mention for their splendid Tiramisu!) and friendly staff. The restaurant serves breakfast & dinner. A good number of various California wines can also be tasted (glass/bottle).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

Having stayed at this hotel before I was greatly disappointed this trip. We checked in very late in the evening and started getting showered. The shower drained so slowly it took more than 1/2 an hour to empty. We checked it and could not find a problem. The next morning (7am) when leaving for the day we told the front desk about the problem. They said they would get it fixed. That night upon our return we decided to shower. Again the shower would not drain. I called and spoke to the same manager as in the morning. He said they had come up and looked at it. His records did not indicate if it had been repaired. Maintenance was again sent up. While waiting for maintenance my husband noticed a problem with the toilet. The maintenance man said he fixed the shower and the toilet. By this time it was very late. We showered and went to bed. The shower was still slow, but not as bad as before. The toilet however still ran. We had to take the lid off the tank and whenever you flushed you had to raise the arm to make it stop.

The shower also had black hair in it when we checked in. Their were only 2 towels for 4 of us and the room just didn't seem fresh.

The staff wouldn't even look up at you when you walked through the lobby. They were always very busy with something on the computer. Always!

They do not even offer a free breakfast. Twelve dollars for nothing. I would rather drive through a fast food place - Yuk. If you are staying here drive down Homestead and try Stan's donuts. They have been there at least 50 years. They make the best donuts in the world - yes the world. I ate these as a kid and now my kids love them too. Even my daughter who doesn't like donuts!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank GASunlover
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

Look, this place is not a resort and it's not a "vacation destination", but for a great place to stay with great amenities THIS IS YOUR PLACE. Breakfast buffet is included in most offers and its great. It's not a continental breakfast this is a full blown buffet and the food is surprisingly good. Coffee bar in the morning serving Starbucks coffee with flavored creamers and syrups for your drinking pleasure. We were so happy to stay here that next time we go to Santa Cruz we have decided to stay here instead of staying in Santa Cruz. Enjoy this hotel we sure did!!!!!!

Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel over 20 times in the past three years. The staff is always friendly, they remember my name, greet me warmly, and go out ot their way to be helpful. Sandra in the the restaurant is a delight. The shuttle driver in the morning is a pleasure and he remembers where I work and what time I need to be there.

All in all, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ChuckandJack
melanies20, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Dear ChuckandJack

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel and also for choosing to stay with us over the last 3 years. I will share your wonderful comments with Sandra and also with Jim (our shuttle driver in the mornings). It is a pleasure having you stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Davis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

Every time we have swim meets in the area, we stay at this Hilton Garden Inn. I really like this hotel, it's one of the best Hilton Garden Inns. The location is great (a couple blocks to Vallco shopping center and Stevens Creek Blvd), near many restaurants and shopping, yet when you're in your room it's quiet and comfortable. There's plenty of free parking, restaurant on site, and the rooms are very clean and well kept. Staff were extremely helpful from check-in to check-out (which is very easy). We had a double room which also had a small refrigerator and microwave. The hotel supplies Neutrogena bath products for their guests. There are two computers for hotel guests in the small business center. I will definitely stay here every time I have business in the area.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
melanies20, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Dear Princesspanda56
Thank you so much for continuing to stay with us and for writing such a wonderful review on your experience. It was a pleasure having you with us again during your swim meet. We wish you luck throughout the year and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Cupertino area.

Southern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

We stayed at the HGI so we could attend my daughter's nearby college graduation. The hotel was clean, well appointed and quiet. We had requested connecting rooms, and were assigned them without problem. The rooms were of good size, with refrigerator and microwave.
The breakfast buffet was good, if a little expensive at $12.99, with food restocked frequently. My wife went to breakfast after my son and I did and reported a very long wait for a table.
The only complaints I have are minor: First, the front desk was somewhat understaffed. On check in at about 9:30 at night, there were several people in line waiting to check in. The clerk was also dealing with several guest phone calls. I noticed this throughout the weekend. Second, the mattress on my bed needed to be flipped--it was very uneven. The last issue, which is very minor, was that because of the hotel's PPV movie system on the in-room TV, I was unable to hook up my laptop to the TV to watch a movie, although the TV had a monitor port.
In general, this was a good hotel for a weekend stay. I'd stay there again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
melanies20, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Dear Socalsteve19

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino for your accommodations during your daughter's graduation weekend and for giving us feedback on your stay. I am happy to hear that you were able to get the rooms you needed and the accommodations were excellent. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the long wait for a breakfast table and for the wait at the front desk. We have taken steps to alleviate those issues. We are also expecting to install new television content into the hotel that will allow the guests to utilize all the inputs of the television.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope to have you back with us on your next trip to Cupertino.

Melanie Strother
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cupertino
Cupertino Inn
The Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel
#1 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino? Share your experiences!