“Favorite Santa Clara area hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cupertino
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Every time we have swim meets in the area, we stay at this Hilton Garden Inn. I really like this hotel, it's one of the best Hilton Garden Inns. The location is great (a couple blocks to Vallco shopping center and Stevens Creek Blvd), near many restaurants and shopping, yet when you're in your room it's quiet and comfortable. There's plenty of free parking, restaurant on site, and the rooms are very clean and well kept. Staff were extremely helpful from check-in to check-out (which is very easy). We had a double room which also had a small refrigerator and microwave. The hotel supplies Neutrogena bath products for their guests. There are two computers for hotel guests in the small business center. I will definitely stay here every time I have business in the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
melanies20, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2011

Dear Princesspanda56
Thank you so much for continuing to stay with us and for writing such a wonderful review on your experience. It was a pleasure having you with us again during your swim meet. We wish you luck throughout the year and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Cupertino area.

Reviewed June 16, 2011

We stayed at the HGI so we could attend my daughter's nearby college graduation. The hotel was clean, well appointed and quiet. We had requested connecting rooms, and were assigned them without problem. The rooms were of good size, with refrigerator and microwave.
The breakfast buffet was good, if a little expensive at $12.99, with food restocked frequently. My wife went to breakfast after my son and I did and reported a very long wait for a table.
The only complaints I have are minor: First, the front desk was somewhat understaffed. On check in at about 9:30 at night, there were several people in line waiting to check in. The clerk was also dealing with several guest phone calls. I noticed this throughout the weekend. Second, the mattress on my bed needed to be flipped--it was very uneven. The last issue, which is very minor, was that because of the hotel's PPV movie system on the in-room TV, I was unable to hook up my laptop to the TV to watch a movie, although the TV had a monitor port.
In general, this was a good hotel for a weekend stay. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
melanies20, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2011

Dear Socalsteve19

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino for your accommodations during your daughter's graduation weekend and for giving us feedback on your stay. I am happy to hear that you were able to get the rooms you needed and the accommodations were excellent. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the long wait for a breakfast table and for the wait at the front desk. We have taken steps to alleviate those issues. We are also expecting to install new television content into the hotel that will allow the guests to utilize all the inputs of the television.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope to have you back with us on your next trip to Cupertino.

Reviewed June 7, 2011

I just completed a two night stay at the HGI, and I am very very happy. I don't want to overstate things (this was not a Conrad hotel), but in its class, this has been the best HGI, I have stayed in this year.
Cleanliness: The cleaning staff were meticulous. Even underneath the soap holders in the shower, where some mold normally forms, there was no mold or dirt.
The rooms: Modern. Flat screen tv's and the new Hilton lamps with additional outlets (why doesn't every hotel have these?).
Food: Standard Hilton Garden Inn, "Great American Grill".
Staff: Professional and courteous.
Fitness Center: While the fitness center was small, I was very pleased. The equipment was modern (Cardio Theater Brand) and exceptionally clean. The hotel provides plenty of towels and even wipes for the equipment. They even provide sanitized headphones for those who didn't bring their own (with a receptacle to place them in for cleaning following use). A lot of hotels let the cleanliness and stocking of equipment in the fitness center slide, but not this HGI.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
melanies20, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2011

Dear ScubaSanAntonio

I am so happy to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino. We always strive to provide you with quality service and accommodations each time you stay with us. I agree that the additional outlets on the lamps are a very convenient feature.

Thank you again. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Cupertino.

Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino

Reviewed June 6, 2011

I stayed here one nite June 3rd, one room for me and a room for my daughter and her family.
First let me say the front desk people at FIRST CLASS! greeted us with a smile, checked us in, and later when I needed directions to a liquor store and a drug store their directions were exceptional!
I have stayed here before, so it was easy to come back here again, it's a very safe and quiet place to stay, with in walking distance is a Asian mall you have lots of choices of Asian foods there, This Hilton does have a bar and a restaurant with room service so you don't have to leave you room if you don't want..
The Rooms are CLEAN.. with one minor exception, I looked under my bed for a missing sock and found someone's tooth brush.. which makes you wonder how often House Keeping looks under beds when cleaning?
But the rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable, This Hilton offers WIFI AND a Wired Lan connection in the room for the guests.. very cool!
They have a great business center with a PC and Mac to use..
Over all, if you want a nice place to stay and you are in the area, I can't say enough good about this Hilton Garden Inn!
Let me say this is not a paid endorsement! lol I just find this to be one of the best hotels
I have stayed at in a while!

Dear troubled1

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino and for writing such a wonderful review. I'm so happy to see that we made you feel warm and welcome and that we provided you with the service and amenities that you needed. I have also addressed the housekeeping items in your review and will ensure that we do not miss those items in the future.

We appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Cupertino.

Reviewed May 10, 2011

So I flew my Mom (and Sister) out to San Jose to see her Mom for the first time in 20 plus years for Mothers Day. I am a Hilton Diamond Member and so looked for a good deal for all of us since they were sharing a room and I was booked in a separate room by myself. Being a Hilton Diamond Member I was really hoping I would have been upgraded to a suite, especially since it was a weekend stay, but it didn't happen. However my room was perfectly nice and comfortable. I had reserved a King. Mom and Sister had two queen beds and their room was quite large and being on the 5th floor we had vaulted ceilings which made it feel much bigger. They loved their room overall. The first night their a/c was under par and so the staff brought up a fan to their room. I told them if the room did not eventually cool down to ask to change rooms, but they seemed ok with it.

The staff could not have been friendlier. They seemed to go above and beyond whenever we needed anything. My Mom was visiting with her sister outside on the patio overlooking the pool and their were several of us out there, and one of the staff brought us out a pitcher of lemonade and glasses to enjoy. The breakfast was really good every morning. I was thankful for the breakfast coupons for me and my family.

The hotel Decor is very nice and updated, The grounds were well maintained and the area felt safe.

This hotel was a big contributor to my Mom's reunion with her family so I was happy I chose this hotel. It had the best Rate of any HIlton property in the area, and I doubt we could have found anything much nicer.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
melanies20, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2011

Dear Trapennoc

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your experience during your stay on Mother's Day Weekend. I am so happy to hear that you and your family were able to spend a special Mother's day together. I sincerely apologize that we weren't able to upgrade you upon arrival and for the A/C issues you encountered in your room. Our goal is to provide exceptional guest service during your stay with us, and I am so happy that our staff made such a positive memorable impression for you and your family. I look forward to having you stay with us again on your next trip to the Cupertino area. Please feel free to contact me directly when you do so we can make every effort to get you that suite upgrade.

Kind Regards
melanie.strother@hilton.com
408-861-2555

Reviewed February 14, 2011

Nice enough place with all the normal amenities but the one thing that separates most Hilton Garden Inns from Hampton Inns is service.

This one doesn't have it.

• Stayed: February 2011
melanies20, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2011

Dear us2travellin

Thank you for taking the time to respond and give feedback on your stay. We strive to give outstanding service to each and every one of our guests, and I apologize that we fell short of this goal during your stay. I'd like to reach out to you and get an idea of the service items you had concerns about so we can address them. I would like to create a better experience for you and for all of our guests. I invite you back to give us another try the next time you are visiting the area.

Reviewed February 1, 2011

Hotel was overbook. As a result I was sent to a hotel that is nowhere near the quality I expect from a Hilton hotel. The other hotel was truly dangerous, noisy and dirty. Hilton did offer me free dinner and breakfast the other night if I went back to the hotel but safety of their guest should come first.

A bad night of sleep impacted my productivity the next day. I discourage any serious business traveler to stay at this hotel while Hilton keeps the current overbooking process.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
melanies20, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2011

Dear cgoldsch

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenient and unfortunate incident that occurred with your reservation. We encountered some rare unforeseen circumstances, and I regret the disruption this caused. We take your safety, comfort, and security very seriously. Please give us another opportunity to make up for this incident. I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to respond and to make a better experience for all of our guests.

Melanie Strother

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cupertino
1 mi away
The Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel
#1 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino? Share your experiences!