“Not my first choice, but sufficed...”
Review of Cupertino Inn

Cupertino Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cupertino
San Francisco, California
“Not my first choice, but sufficed...”
Reviewed November 13, 2005

I'm writing this review with mixed emotions. There must have been a conference going on last week because I could not get a hotel room anywhere close to Sunnyvale. All that my travel agency could find was the Cupertino Inn. I previewed the hotel pictures before I checked in and did not expect much. (Someone really needs to update those pictures.) I was a little surprised when I arrived though because it wasn't as bad as the pictures let on. The lobby was ok and service was just ok, too. I took an elevator that leads you to a glass door where you walk outside to your room. I don't like rooms exposed to natural forces; it makes me feel like I'm in a drive up motel.

The rooms were surprisingly large. I had a suite. But I agree with another user review in that the bathrooms are not in good shape. My shower curtain was missing a hook and water would go everywhere on the floor. Walls near floor look like there is water damage.

If you're still into VHS movies, they had a VCR in my room. Not my taste. They don't have the ability to order movies on demand (another bummer). Wireless doesn't work very well in the back of the hotel where my room was. Personnel offered me another room after I had unpacked so I refused the new room and just suffered without consistent wireless service.

The hotel does boast that they have a full breakfast and happy hour until 8pm. They do have a limousine with service to and from airport or train stations.

All in all, the hotel was definitely not a Marriott or Hilton. I would not volunteer to stay here again, however. If you're looking for luxury, pass. If you're looking for just an adequate place to lay your head, then this might be for you.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank Irene W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed July 20, 2005

What can I say? N-a-s-t-y.

Let's see....
1. Dirty, as in visible dirt (in corners in tub, on light switches)
2. Stained-up carpet
3. Hair in bathtub and on bathroom floor
4. Soap on shower wall (looks like it had been dripped there, and not wiped up)
5. Hair in the bed--not just one piece, but 3 long hairs, and lots of little, curly hairs
6. When I checked in, the young woman at the front desk looked unprofessional, at best (scantily-clad), and a young gentleman was changing his shirt behind the counter.
7. "mini bar": Closed with a zip-tie. Half-way defrosted--everything was warm and sitting in a puddle of water, and it was filthy.

I was supposed to stay for 3 nights. I barely made it the first night, and checked out on the second. Don't let the pictures on the internet fool you. It's disgusting. I changed hotels, and stayed at the Marriott Courtyard, which was clean, clean, clean.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 25, 2005

I stayed here in November 2004 and wrote a great review. I can only say that things keep getting better and better. Roomservice is now offered as well as a BBQ steak dinner for 12 dollars, every Wednesday by the pool. Only the finest local wines grace the happy hours free open bar during the week (5-7pm). The rooms are spacious and the one we stayed in sported a jaquzzi tub. Fresh Coffee brews all day long in the lobby and free Wi Fi is offered. Forgot your wireless card, no issue, the front desk has them for you to use at no charge. This hotel is about offering exceptional service at a great price. The employees are friendly and will bend over backward to assist you. A white stretch limo is available to take you back and forth to the airport, your company or dinner. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Saratoga, CA
Reviewed August 5, 2004

The hotel provides a great value for your money, especially on weekends. The rooms are comfortable and the extra living area is perfect when staying with children. In-room amenities include a VCR, minibar and fridge, an ironing board and iron for those last minute touch-ups, hair dryer, coffee & coffee maker and a nice selection of tea. We've never used the free limo, but it's services are always offerred. It's conveniently located right next to the freeway (we always ask for the "quiet side" so we never hear the freeway), and has many restaurants, and convenience stores nearby. It's also close to many Silicon Valley companies. We've stayed there four times now for days at a time and enjoyed the breakfast buffet and helpful staff. They now include room service! Some improvements would be desirable, i.e., new or steam clean carpeting and furniture, as some of it appears a bit soiled. A strong word of caution: those with children should note that the windows, which are nearly floor-to-ceiling, completely open out without any screen or safety measures. It is easy for any child to open the windows without assistance. We moved a large armchair to block access to the window. Otherwise, I would highly recommend this hotel for business, family or couples.

• Stayed January 2005
2 Thank JTM_Saratoga
fl
Reviewed April 6, 2004

We stayed for 3 nights in March. The hotel was very adequate and served a really fine buffet breakfast. We really enjoyed the close location to SJC without all of the traffic and noise. The courtyard was quite lovely. The only complaaint was other guests partying in the courtyard until 3:00 AM. Would definitely stay again. The staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed March 2004
1 Thank roscher
Reviewed August 27, 2003

This hotel is perfect for a weekend getaway or a business stay. Every room has a nice living area for leisure or for study. Perfect for families with children: the front desk provides free checkout of popular movies. the pool and the common area are both wonderful and relaxing.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cupertino
Juniper Hotel
#5 of 5 in Cupertino
The Domain Hotel
The Domain Hotel
#4 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Cupertino Inn? Share your experiences!