“Great family getaway”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Cupertino
San Jose, California
“Great family getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2010

We came here with four girls to celebrate my daughter's 13th birthday. Every staffer we encountered was personable and friendly. I understand the lobby has recently been renovated; it was a wonderful place for me to sit and use my laptop, and our girls were able to watch their own flat-screen TV in their own breakfast booth. Easy freeway access meant that my husband could hang out downtown with his friends and that we could hit the beach in Santa Cruz. If you like exploring Asian food, this is the perfect hotel as there is a pan-Asian plaza and Ranch 99 market within walking distance. I also appreciated the business center and the ability to print (including printing boarding passes) for free. My young charges loved that the pool is open until 11 PM, although those without children should consider requesting a room away from the pool.

Only minor quibbles were 1) that this is the first Marriott I've encountered that did not have breakfast included in the price, but I understand that was part of the lobby renovation. Regular coffee is free and Starbucks espresso is served at the cash dining area. 2) The hotel is takeout friendly, as we had a microwave and minifridge in our room, but the in-room trash bins are tiny and can't accommodate an average to-go box.

We had a suite. My sofa bed was uncomfortable, but what can you do. The bedroom full of teenage girls backed against a corridor, so no shared wall with another room - a design detail I was grateful for.

I had a great time, my daughter had an "AWESOME!!" time, and we'll be back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Thai first
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2010

Each year we attend a meeting in the San Jose area and stay at the Courtyard Marriott Cupertino every year. Good location and very peaceful and quiet nights sleep. The staff is very friendly.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2010

The Average Marriott Courtyard, location is ok, room large enough, bed ok. Overall an ok stop if you need to spend a night in the neighborhood

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2009

My husband and I spent the weekend in Cupertino to visit relatives and chose this Courtyard due to it's location of where my relatives live. With that said, it has a good location to a strip mall with lots of good Chinese/Asian food, a Starbucks, a grocery store, and is also located 30 seconds from the main freeway entrance. The property is currently being renovated so there is no lobby area and check-in is done in a side room which is a bit small and messy, but the service was good and everything went smoothly. The rooms are standard for Courtyards in the U.S. and the housekeeping staff did a great job with tidying up each day. If you are looking for just a place to drop your bags, head out, and just sleep there at night then this hotel met that need. If you're expecting something a bit nicer, you may want to look elsewhere. With that said, we would return to this property again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
St Paul, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2009

This is right up to the standards you find at any Marriott..
I stayed here 2 nites, yes near the freeway, and occasionally I heard traffic, but not that bad,
Rooms are nice and clean and comfortable,
I didnt do the breakfast but that's only because I have a problem paying $12.95 for breakfast..
I will be back in April 2010 and will stay here.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Bay area
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2009

I usually stay next door at the Hilton Garden. I decided to try something new. My mistake.
The hotel was noisy and the buffet was sub par. On that day the selection of their pastry consist of white and wheat bread only. When ask the staff about their selection of pastries, she said too bad, they ran out yesterday, and by the way, I am usually work in the main dinning room. I paid extra for the buffett that day and was dissappointed. I spoke to the manager of the hotel ( Marriott) who did nothing. Next time I will go back to the Hilton Garden...next door. Better food and if I have a problem there , they either fix it or give a refund.
PS: I left a commet card about the service and gave it to the manager. ... no response from Marriott at all. !!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2008

We booked this hotel due to its location to the wedding ceremony site. I am also Marriott Reward Member.
The rate was amazingly reasonable at $71 per night, I suppose its the weekend rate, so the entire wedding party was booked into this hotel. I understand that heir regular weekday rate averages in the mid $200, catering to business people. We were upgraded to their suite and it was roomy and perfect for mid size family. The room was spacious, clean, nice bathroom and free internet which is a real plus. I have traveled extensively around the World and finding more and more hotels providing this free service. Most highend propertis seems to continue charging for this necessary tool, when you travel on business. JW and regular Marriott properties still charge around the World. The check in went very smooth, front desk employees were friendly and provided local information. Breakfast buffet is $15 per person, $12 when you request it in advance. I have had similar breakfasts in the past, but the quality is only acceptable. So, it might be beneficial to look for local restaurant for breakfast to your liking. But for convenience, its there for you. Our bed was comfortable, but did not find extra blanket in the room as you normally do and when we requested it from the front desk, it was not delivered timely. It appears that evening staffing is short, I only saw one person on duty with several customers waiting to be served, when I wnt down to pick up the blanket myself.
Other than that our stay was pleasant and well treated overall.

• Liked — Price, location
  • Disliked — quality of food
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cupertino
Cupertino Inn
The Domain Hotel
The Domain Hotel
#5 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Been to Courtyard San Jose Cupertino? Share your experiences!