“Comfortable Hotel”

Courtyard San Jose Cupertino
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Cupertino
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for three nights since this hotel was located near our brach office in San Jose. Near this hotelThere was restaurants and bars. The room was enough large for me and amenity goods were also good. Overall, the hotel was nice to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
CupertinoCY, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Cupertino, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear YacchanAmarone,

I am happy to hear the hotel provided you a comfortable and successful trip. The team is very enthusiatic about making our guest's feel at home. I am looking forward to your next visit to the Cupertino area.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed here for two nights with family, renting 4 rooms. The rooms were clean and large enough. Amenities were typical Courtyard, nothing special but good enough. Front desk staff was very accommodating and friendly. Parking is adequate and free. There was a kid's chess tournament taking place over the weekend, so the lobby area was pretty crowded on Sunday morning. The biggest complaint I can come up with for this property is that it's difficult to find the entrance off of North Wolfe Road. Miss it and take a little trip. Don't mistake the freeway entrance for the hotel entrance. You have to enter as if you're going to the Hilton Garden Inn. There's a traffic light at the entrance. It's a good property, and we got a very good rate thanks to family connections.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Shaka_Frank,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you were comfortable and enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your comment regarding the hotel being a little hard to find. I am currently working to resolve the GPS version of the directions to the hotel as our physical address is Wolfe Rd, but you must turn onto Pruneridge to get to the actual entrance of the parking lot. Now that you have found us, I hope you will come visit us again soon!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This hotel is right next door to the Hilton and the freeway. The better rooms look out onto each other; pool below, but still claustrophobic. There is lots of space but it isn't really luxurious. The in room coffee experience involves a plastic sealed stirrer, one packet of creamer and two sugars. Wasteful packaging and not enough product. Who uses one creamer? The bed was nice, but no comforters, just a blanket with double sheeting. No cooking actually happens in "the restaurant" just reheating. They tried hard with the lobby and it's mostly OK but it doesn't have a hotel bar vibe, more like corporate branded convenience store feel. The staff was very good. The same person made my late night dinner in the bar (microwave pizza) and also brought extra pillows to our room. It is a motel experience with a high price tag. You cannot safely walk to anything and a decent market is a bit of a trek.

Room Tip: For the money I'd rather face the road or even a parking lot; better than looking right onto som...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear larsthorwald,

Thank you for stay with us. I appreciate your taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear that the hotel did not meet all your needs. Courtyard has in the last year opened the Bistro concept to it's guests. This food and beverage destination for refreshing breakfast choices in the morning, and a variety of dinner, beer and wine options in the evening is not for everyone. It allows for quick, healthy choiceswhether you have time to spare or are on the go. The Bistro also offers specialty beverages made with Starbucks® coffee to help you get a jump on the day when the standard in-room coffee won't do. The next time you are in the area, I recommend the Cupertino Village, located within walking distance for some added variety to your dining and shopping options. If staying "in" is more to your liking, our cheerful guest service team is available for an additional amenities or requests you may have. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was travelling to Washington State on vacation. I stopped at this Courtyard, as I was familiar with the area, having lived around there many years ago. I usually try to stay with Marriott Hotels and/or Courtyard when traveling.
This was a very nice Courtyard, the only problem I encountered was loacating it off of Wolfe Rd., as it is hidden behind other buildings,...I drove past it several times looking for it. My stay was nice, pleasant, and,...well the same. I say this because it occurred to me that if you have stayed at one Courtyard,....you have stayed at them all ! They are identical,....and while this is assuring to most travelers,...I'm beginning to find it rather mundane ? I can't fault the service, the friendly, courteous staff, or the housekeeping. But I'm beginning to think some variation might be in order ? More ambiance ?? But over all,...Courtyard is hard to beat.

Room Tip: If you have kid's with you, ask to be close to the pool, ground floor,...they have small patio...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank tom66harrington
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband stays here for work about once a month and this time the whole family (me and 3 kids) joined him for 5 nights. We had the 2 bedroom suite: spacious and well-appointed, clean, comfy beds. Responsive front desk. The pool is supposed to be heated but it was quite cold when my kids tried it. We enjoyed our stay and would go back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This property is amazing in their service. I don't remember the lady who works the nights on the weekend but she is ecxeptional in her service. She remembers me by name and knows my preference of room. Kudos to her. Overall property is in great shape with recently remodeled rooms. I just feel they need to bump up the customer service in Bistro area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Patrick S
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite for 10 days, with my medically-fragile 9 year old daughter, who was getting some testing at Lucille Packard Children's Hospital/ Stanford. I am so glad we stayed at this hotel! The room was perfect: clean and updated, plenty of space, equipped with a mini refrigerator and microwave. The room was more attractive than most chain hotels, and had a balcony overlooking a fire pit. It was the staff, though, that really made the experience stellar. They allowed us to ship some of my daughter's medical supplies prior to our stay, stored her frozen pureed food (she is g-tube fed and on a special diet) in their freezer for us, and were extremely accommodating to our every request.

The hotel was also conveniently located just off the exit to the highway. It was quiet, but convenient to everywhere we wanted to go.

We usually stay in hotels with room service, because eating in the room with my daughter is usually easier than dining out. This hotel does not have room service, but has a cafe in the lobby, with very good food. Again, they catered to us by boxing up food so that we could order and eat in our room. The hotel was also close to many restaurants that offered take out, as well as several grocery stores and pharmacies, where we could pick up needed supplies.

We ended up staying at this hotel because upon making our travel plans, the hotels in the Stanford/Palo Alto area that we were looking at were sold out; however, as far as I'm concerned, things could not have worked out better. The next time I am in the area, this hotel will definitely be my first choice. I am grateful for how well they treated us. We've stayed many places with my daughter, and this is one of our best experiences.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cupertino
Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel
The Domain Hotel
The Domain Hotel
#4 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Courtyard San Jose Cupertino? Share your experiences!