“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Cupertino
Sunset, Texas
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We booked Courtyard San Jose Cupertino at the last minute. The front desk was extremely helpful and accomdating.

The check in was quick and easy. The rooms are nice and clean.

Having free wifi was extremely helpful as we planned our next day.

I try to stay at Marriott locations when I can as they are usually the cleanest and nicest.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Thai first
Napa, California
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Cupertino was very convenient for our soccer team and families to stay while in the area for the weekend tournament. The rooms were clean and nice. The pool was very nice. The hotel has a small meal facililty where we were able get breakfast in the morning before our games. The hotel gave us a group discount also.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Check in was easy, and the room was clean. The bed seemed hard at first, but it was comfortable. The shower head couldn’t be adjusted from the pulsing, which was annoying. The remote control didn’t work on the TV. at first, but it worked after turning the TV off and on with the button on the side of it. My biggest problem was still the highway noise. It wasn’t incredibly loud, but it was there. I’d followed the advice on Trip Advisor and asked for a quiet room. I thought I got one, but, in the end, I am not sure if they have one. At around 12am, I also learned that the walls were thin enough (or my neighbor was loud enough) to hear an argument next door.

Room Tip: While it won't guarantee it, as I learned, the top floor on the opposite side from the highway m...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I love this courtyard Mariott. Folks are always nice, it's much more "home"-like than the fancy "black decor" type hotels. Staff is accommodating, not out to get you for every little detail (i.e. in other hotels I hate paying $350 for a hotel room , and then having to pay $20 for wireless internet). This courtyard in particular was very quiet, had a really really great cozy breakfast place (with starbucks coffee :) Bit pricey throughout the week though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Lund, Sverige
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I just love that they are all the same! Parking, check in, rooms, tv, bathroom etc. It is all the same in evert town. It makes me feel right at home. This particular one I have stayed in many times. It has great access to all business related addresses in Silicon Valley. I will be back!

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mission, Texas
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay! Clean and updated at $99/night. Got a 1st floor room with a sliding glass door to the parking lot- made bringing our luggage in and out really easy. Enjoyed the pool and staff was helpful. Good location off interstate. Nearby grocery store, movie theatre, dining and shopping.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Altadena
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The hotel was fine.

What got me was the $5 charge for 2 bottles of water we learned about via email.

As a Marriott Rewards member, I thought the two bottles of water kept by the side of the TV were complimentary. They were not inside the refrigerator, nor was there a note to the effect that they were not free.

When I went to drop off the keys, there was no question as to whether I had incurred any incidental charges.

If they are charging for the water and there is an empty fridge in the room, at least keep the water cool in the fridge.

I will have to be more careful in future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CupertinoCY, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Cupertino, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Situ R,
I am so sorry to hear that you were not properly notified of the bottled water charges. It is very frustrating to find extra charges that you were not anticipating. The bottled waters in the guestroom are supposed to have price tags on them noting there will be a charge if consumed. It appears, based on your description that the ones in your guestroom did not. Again, I apologize for this oversight. Please contact me directly at Melissa.vela@marriott.com with your reservation information and I would be happy to look into this further.
Warmly,
Melissa Vela
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cupertino
Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino
Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel
The Domain Hotel
The Domain Hotel
#4 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Courtyard San Jose Cupertino? Share your experiences!