“Very comfortable place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard San Jose Cupertino

Courtyard San Jose Cupertino
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Cupertino
Carlisle, Massachusetts
“Very comfortable place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

This Courtyard is the nicest of any we have stayed in. The staff are friendly and helpful, the cafe reasonable and the rooms quiet and comfortable. We have stayed here several times over the last three years and many of the staff have remained from our first visit. Their weekend and holiday prices are very reasonable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CupertinoCY, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Cupertino, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. The service team at the Courtyard works hard to faciliate a comfortable and enjoyable stay for our guests. I am so glad that you have enjoyed your time with us. I look forward to your continued visits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Thai first
Round Rock, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stay at the Courtyard in Cupertino 3-5 times a year and usually for at least a week at a time but as much as 3 weeks at a time. The staff is always friendly and in the past I have complained about the size and quality of the fitness center but they are currently renovating the jacuzzi room, which is never used, into a new, bigger fitness center. The location is great for business in Cupertino or San Jose and is an easy trip up 280 to San Fran.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate your feedback regarding the Fitness Center. I am very excited at the opportunity to convert the space into something that will have a broader appeal to our customers. Thank you for staying with us. I hope you will enjoy the new Fitness Center Space that will be available later this year.
Nashua, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I write this during the middle of my stay!

On the plus side:

This is a very convenient hotel to all the high tech places in Cupertino, I-280 area. It is spotless. My room, a King Suite, was flawless and I specifically looked for something I could find fault with. Nothing! My hats off to "Gloria" and "Mariela" who left their names as maids, who cleaned my room. They did a fantastic job!

The hotel I was in last week was dirty. It had dust accumulation in the hallways and along the corners of the carpets so I roamed the halls here and found this place absolutely clean. The lobby area was great, front desk staff too!

Now the minuses. Very expensive! Over $100 a night more than I would normally pay for a full service Marriott on the East Coast. Yes, this is a half mile from Apple HQ and yes this is in near bankrupt California but at over $300 a night including tax? That's too much.

As a Platinum Premier they upgraded me to a King Suite, room 342. Nice, except it is adjacent to I-280 and very noisy. I keep the AC fans on high and can still hear the cars and trucks rumbling by. I didn't want to complain for fear that I wouldn't get another suite.... I didn't sleep that well.

Another negative is this is one of the renovated Courtyards where they have installed a Bistro restaurant. Absolutely the worst selection of food I have encountered anywhere. I didn't bother to try this one because I knew that whatever I ordered would be very over priced, poorly prepared and of poor quantity. They offer this as a "healthy" option. That's BS. It's just another way to rob customers with skinny sandwiches. They serve Starbucks coffee, unquestionably overpriced and as a black coffee drinker too bitter and burned for me. The Bistro restaurants will prove to be a big mistake for Marriott.

The overpriced Santa Clara Marriott is only a few miles from here but at least it has a Concierge floor and no I-280 noise. It's only a few dollars more so when I return in a couple months that's where I will probably stay.

Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Ron L
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with our hotel. I very appreicate your commenting directly on some of our staff members. They all take great pride in their work and it is very pleasing to them to have their names mentioned. This also provides a wonderful opportunity to recognize them. I am sorry to hear there were some areas of the hotel that were not pleasing. The Courtyard's Bistro, designed to offer a fast and flexible dining option, may not fit everyone's needs. In times when this is the case, we are happy to highlight one of the many superb restaurants located within a short distance of the hotel. Thank you for giving our hotel a try. If your business brings you back to the Cupertino area, we look forward to being of service to you again.
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great big rooms , in good shape, cleaning service is very good.
Staff is really nice and attentive , they made my stay very pleasant. I was ill for a couple of days due to a virus caught during my flight, and they were very nice and helpful, even going to the pharmacy for some painkillers, sending me flowers and fruits in the room to get well. Just for these gestures, I would always come back to them.
Pool area is ok, clean and averagely big.
Food is good and quite cheap, but would be good to extend their menu, after staying there for 2 weeks, I was really bored with the choices. Breakfast is really good, for 10-12 dollars, you can barely finish what you have ordered.
Downside : the location , you definitely need a car to go around , otherwise nothing to see.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay with our Cupertino Courtyard. I was happy to hear how pleasant your experience was. I am glad the service team was able to make an unfortunate illness a little less uncomfortable. Your comments are appreciated and have been shared with the enitre team. We all hope to see you at our hotel again.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I will write mainly the same things that I wrote about the Campbell Courtyard.

Pros: Renovated rooms and lobby with a modern feel; mini fridge; free parking; free internet

Cons: Location not near much (though not in a feeling unsafe kind of way); bistro menu limited

Standard Courtyard - I enjoy staying here while traveling on business. No frills but works for me

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Beijing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Rooms are functional, typical of an American chain hotel. What keeps us coming back, apart from distance to the office, is the great service from the staff. We do a lot of online shopping while visiting and they are great in receiving our packages, some of which arrive before we check in. Starbucks onsite in the lobby and spacious parking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CupertinoCY, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Cupertino, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your reveiw of our hotel. I am very pleased that our service has allowed you comfort and trust during your travels. I look forward to your staying with us again.
Warmly,
Hotel Leadership
Pedasi, Panama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

We knew that we would be checking in late so we called ahead and let them know that. They wanted a to know if we would be there after midnight and we said no. Well, we arrived at 11 PM and when the desk clerk went to check us in he could not do so because his password had expired and the system would not let him in. He tried everything that he could think of and finally looked in the system for an empty room, took us up to the room and let us in with his pass key. A little while later he returned with keys, and said that his manager had called him back and gotten him in the computer system. Other than that, the stay was uneventful. Nice room, comfortable bed, and good coffee in the lobby in the morning.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor on the West side are quieter.